You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Delap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Sure he's played and scored for the England u18 vs Wales last week ffs.

His decision is pretty clear but we continue to try to convince ourselves 

Delap if he plays with us at all will essentially be a Che Adam’s job I think. Combination of Ireland actually looking like doing something and his career being decent but regular English caps being out the question. 

I wouldn’t be as pretentious about that as some we have had plenty marvellous servants with looser ties to Ireland but plenty are. A few in Scotland a bit put out at the Che Adam’s situation as well. 

Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Sure he's played and scored for the England u18 vs Wales last week ffs.

His decision is pretty clear but we continue to try to convince ourselves 

Delap if he plays with us at all will essentially be a Che Adam’s job I think. Combination of Ireland actually looking like doing something and his career being decent but regular English caps being out the question. 

I wouldn’t be as pretentious about that as some we have had plenty marvellous servants with looser ties to Ireland but plenty are. A few in Scotland a bit put out at the Che Adam’s situation as well. 

They probably like the idea of a national team.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
I think a few years ago when Gordon McQueen was doing his nut at the disgrace of two Scottish born players , McGeady and McCarthy turning out for Ireland against their country of birth, there was about 5 English born players turning out for Scotland in the same game. McQueen saw nothing wrong with that of course. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:18pm
The English players playing for Scotland were/are Brits, as are the Scots. It's a nonsense that they have four teams anyway, one "Kingdom" one team is the way it should be.

A few Scottish nationalists I know share that view - too many in the tartan army happy to proclaim their Scottishness in football but not so much when it comes to an independence vote.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Apr 2021 at 8:20pm
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The English players playing for Scotland were/are Brits, as are the Scots. It's a nonsense that they have four teams anyway, one "Kingdom" one team is the way it should be.

A few Scottish nationalists I know share that view - too many in the tartan army happy to proclaim their Scottishness in football but not so much when it comes to an independence vote.

Don't get me started u numpty. England Scotland Wales have existed as separate associations for more than 100 years. Don't pretend Ireland is completely separate. Second and I've said it on here millions of times. Uk isn't a country   its a kingdom of  countries.  So yes they should be separate 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Don't get me started u numpty. England Scotland Wales have existed as separate associations for more than 100 years. Don't pretend Ireland is completely separate. Second and I've said it on here millions of times. Uk isn't a country   its a kingdom of  countries.  So yes they should be separate 

The state of Northern Ireland isn’t a Country.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:11pm

Numpty? Bad enough that you hang around on here like a bad smell but don’t think you can start calling the odds
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

I think a few years ago when Gordon McQueen was doing his nut at the disgrace of two Scottish born players , McGeady and McCarthy turning out for Ireland against their country of birth, there was about 5 English born players turning out for Scotland in the same game. McQueen saw nothing wrong with that of course. 

Yes and while I do see the point people are making I think to not want to be milking the granny rule to our advantage is a bit pretentious. You would hope with the crazy pool of talent England are developing or in underage squads that might work in our favour too down the line.

A few players like Robinson or even a bit better like Che Adam’s may declare for us due to this. Important of course that’s used as a supplement to the homegrown talent we are producing and not as a crutch like the last 10-15 years. 

Edited by kevin100 - 08 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:19pm

100% agree.

It's no big deal for an English man to play for Scotland or Wales, they don't need a different passport or anything.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

100% agree.

It's no big deal for an English man to play for Scotland or Wales, they don't need a different passport or anything.

An English man doesn't have a different passport but you can't just play for Scotland if you have no connections with Scotland. They still need to have at least a grandparent who's from the country.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The statelet of Northern Ireland isn’t a Country.

Fixed Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

100% agree.

An English man doesn't have a different passport but you can't just play for Scotland if you have no connections with Scotland. They still need to have at least a grandparent who's from the country.

Which is the equivalent of a Dubliner having a granny from Galway.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:21am
Maik Taylor was born in Germany to an English father and a German mother. As a British citizen who was born abroad, FIFA eligibility rules at the time of Taylor's first international selection entitled him to represent any of the constituent countries of the United Kingdom at international level. He opted for Northern Ireland, despite having no family connection to that country.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:59am

Head along to the UN there like a good lad and try to find England and see how you get on. 

“You Tell Me”. You are dead right regarding Scotland.  I said the same here nearly 10 years ago based on extensive chats with mates in Tartan Army and SNP. I was shot down by a good few but it’s still true,  the existence of the Scottish football team gives a get out to the soft independence vote.  If it was taken away,  what would happen then. 
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:25pm

Yes, it is - that's exactly what it is, a country, just like France or Germany or Australia or Ireland or any other country. British exceptionalism at its finest there.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
Thought I was in a politics thread Confused

Keep on topic lads 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:10pm
Started 2 of the last 7 games for England u19 and both came in dead rubbers, probably won't start tomorrow's final, be surprised if he's not seriously considering his options, would be there or thereabouts for our senior team and is on the verge of a 15 million pound move to Southampton.

Also Louis Barry and CJ Egan-Reilly both left out of Englands squad altoghter, would suggest they could also be got with a little persuasion. 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 30 Jun 2022 at 6:10pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Started 2 of the last 7 games for England u19 and both came in dead rubbers, probably won't start tomorrow's final, be surprised if he's not seriously considering his options, would be there or thereabouts for our senior team and is on the verge of a 15 million pound move to Southampton.

Also Louis Barry and CJ Egan-Reilly both left out of Englands squad altoghter, would suggest they could also be got with a little persuasion. 

Verge of our senior team? Based on what?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic