Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Delap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Less chance than ever now that he's making an impact at City

Agree 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 27 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Less chance than ever now that he's making an impact at City

Agree 

Aguero
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:46pm
Rest of world section... 
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:48pm
if he doesnt feel Irish he doesn't feel Irish.  U can't make people feel a different way. Both my mothers parents were irish but she's always felt English 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

if he doesnt feel Irish he doesn't feel Irish.  U can't make people feel a different way. Both my mothers parents were irish but she's always felt English 

Maybe she just told you that. Secretly she was listening to Wolfe Tones and growing potatoes in the back yard LOL
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:17am
There is probably next to no chance he will play for us if his career continues the way it does. His career would want to go up in smoke like Will Keane before he'd play for us I'd say.

Edited by grannyrule - 28 Sep 2020 at 3:22am
The only way is up
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 6:04am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Maybe she just told you that. Secretly she was listening to Wolfe Tones and growing potatoes in the back yard LOL
Maybe 
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:11pm
Premier League 2 Player of the Month.

Worth re-visiting the Rory Delap interview someone shared above from 2014:

And with his parents — John from Letterkenny and Maura from Kells — he had a special Christmas, marvelling at John’s capacity to persuade his boys — aged 10, six and four — to declare their allegiance to Ireland.

“They’ll listen to him quicker than they will me,” laughed Delap. “But you hope the importance of being Irish resonates with them. It meant everything to me growing up. We’ve gone back to the same places I went to when I was a child in Donegal and Meath. They loved it.

"Their granddad has drilled it into them that if they’re any good at anything, it’s Ireland they have to represent. When he said it, they took it all in. So that’s one issue done and dusted then.”

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

Premier League 2 Player of the Month.

Worth re-visiting the Rory Delap interview someone shared above from 2014:

And with his parents — John from Letterkenny and Maura from Kells — he had a special Christmas, marvelling at John’s capacity to persuade his boys — aged 10, six and four — to declare their allegiance to Ireland.

“They’ll listen to him quicker than they will me,” laughed Delap. “But you hope the importance of being Irish resonates with them. It meant everything to me growing up. We’ve gone back to the same places I went to when I was a child in Donegal and Meath. They loved it.

"Their granddad has drilled it into them that if they’re any good at anything, it’s Ireland they have to represent. When he said it, they took it all in. So that’s one issue done and dusted then.”

We should 100% be knocking his door down. He could be starting for us right now
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:19pm
Yes, and with the talent in front of him he could be waiting a long time to be a regualar England player, we could build a team around this kid, robably one of the best prospects in world football for his position. 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 14 Dec 2020 at 3:19pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm
We've got plenty of long term forward prospects, what we are lacking in is short term goal scoring options. Delap never had any interest even playing under-16 friendlies for us, now his career has progressed he's not going to suddenly get excited about playing for the worst Ireland team in 40 years.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:08pm
He's got very close ties to ireland and he's a fantastic talent with star potential. The FAI should definitely be on a charm offensive here.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He's got very close ties to ireland and he's a fantastic talent with star potential. The FAI should definitely be on a charm offensive here.

He either wants to play or he doesn't. Best of luck to him either way. One phone call should sort it. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

We've got plenty of long term forward prospects, what we are lacking in is short term goal scoring options. Delap never had any interest even playing under-16 friendlies for us, now his career has progressed he's not going to suddenly get excited about playing for the worst Ireland team in 40 years.

It's mad, isn't it? He's played for England at U15, U16 and U17 level and hasn't shown any interest in representing us, yet people think it's just a matter of dangling the carrot of playing with Callum O'Dowda and Daryl Horgan in front of him and he'll immediately declare for us at 17 years old and become the salve to all our problems despite playing a sum total of two matches for City.

It's mind-boggling how I could easily list 20 players who've been in a similar situation and there hasn't once been a player who has went with us if they had a choice to make - yet we are doomed to keep repeating these same pointless conversations again and again despite there being no precedent of a player at high profile club either in or on the periphery of England sides going with us.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:46pm
Yes hotlips... yes... Things are that desperate that all we have is a hope and a prayer that something might change in our favour. 

Things are bad and will most definitely get worse before they get better. Next season we'll have fewer Premier league players than we do now. Egan, Stevens, oshea and Robinson set for relegation

Our best players Coleman, Doherty and Mccarthy falling out of the first teams for various reasons and that is a trend likely to continue 

Its pretty grimm yet some ireland fans will still expect Kenny to wave a magic corner flag and create a winning team or face the sack...

Edited by Left foot - 14 Dec 2020 at 5:47pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

It's mad, isn't it? He's played for England at U15, U16 and U17 level and hasn't shown any interest in representing us, yet people think it's just a matter of dangling the carrot of playing with Callum O'Dowda and Daryl Horgan in front of him and he'll immediately declare for us at 17 years old and become the salve to all our problems despite playing a sum total of two matches for City.

It's mind-boggling how I could easily list 20 players who've been in a similar situation and there hasn't once been a player who has went with us if they had a choice to make - yet we are doomed to keep repeating these same pointless conversations again and again despite there being no precedent of a player at high profile club either in or on the periphery of England sides going with us.

Like your namesake Hotlips you are zero craic
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:18pm
delap is worth talking too, seems to have a good connection with ireland so might be interested. if you do not ask you never find out, it is really simple
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
I'd say it would go about as well as the time Northern Ireland asked Wayne Rooney if he'd be interested in playing for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic