Liam Delap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The English players playing for Scotland were/are Brits, as are the Scots. It's a nonsense that they have four teams anyway, one "Kingdom" one team is the way it should be.

A few Scottish nationalists I know share that view - too many in the tartan army happy to proclaim their Scottishness in football but not so much when it comes to an independence vote.

Don't get me started u numpty. England Scotland Wales have existed as separate associations for more than 100 years. Don't pretend Ireland is completely separate. Second and I've said it on here millions of times. Uk isn't a country   its a kingdom of  countries.  So yes they should be separate 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:18pm
The English players playing for Scotland were/are Brits, as are the Scots. It's a nonsense that they have four teams anyway, one "Kingdom" one team is the way it should be.

A few Scottish nationalists I know share that view - too many in the tartan army happy to proclaim their Scottishness in football but not so much when it comes to an independence vote.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Apr 2021 at 8:20pm
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
I think a few years ago when Gordon McQueen was doing his nut at the disgrace of two Scottish born players , McGeady and McCarthy turning out for Ireland against their country of birth, there was about 5 English born players turning out for Scotland in the same game. McQueen saw nothing wrong with that of course. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Sure he's played and scored for the England u18 vs Wales last week ffs.

His decision is pretty clear but we continue to try to convince ourselves 

Delap if he plays with us at all will essentially be a Che Adam’s job I think. Combination of Ireland actually looking like doing something and his career being decent but regular English caps being out the question. 

I wouldn’t be as pretentious about that as some we have had plenty marvellous servants with looser ties to Ireland but plenty are. A few in Scotland a bit put out at the Che Adam’s situation as well. 

They probably like the idea of a national team.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:39am

Delap if he plays with us at all will essentially be a Che Adam’s job I think. Combination of Ireland actually looking like doing something and his career being decent but regular English caps being out the question. 

I wouldn’t be as pretentious about that as some we have had plenty marvellous servants with looser ties to Ireland but plenty are. A few in Scotland a bit put out at the Che Adam’s situation as well. 

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:37am

Ciaran Clarke played underage for England and was captain at one stage coupd of easily picked up England caps at that stage in his career.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:29am

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:49am
Kenny did sound upbeat when talking about him recently and also Rory didnt rule it out in a recent interview when he said he dosent have a choice to make just yet, also his younger brother who is 16 and plays as a right back is on the books of Burton Albion, I can see him getting called up to one of the younger squads when there games resume.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:36am
Though that would no longer tie him. He'd need to cap him 4 times.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:27am
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

I wouldnt rule Delap out just yet, when you look at the forwards England have at the moment and the fact he has a strong link to Ireland could sway it in our favour.

Englands top forward line have 2 world class players in every position lads like Grealish and Sterling on the left, Kane and Rashford through the middle, and Sancho and Bellingham on the right with Foden and Mount just behind.

If that is who Southgate picks for the Euros, the likes of Calvert-Lewien, Bamford, Hudson-Odoi, Greenwood, Ings, and Maddison wont even get in the squad. He could potentially be a starter for us very soon if he did pick us whereas he could be waiting a long time to be a regular in the England squad. Heres hoping .

Southgate has been very clever and proactive in capping young dual qualified players.  He'll get him on the pitch against San Marino or Andorra. Don't see Liam playing for us barring a severe stalling in his development 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:13am
I wouldnt rule Delap out just yet, when you look at the forwards England have at the moment and the fact he has a strong link to Ireland could sway it in our favour.

Englands top forward line have 2 world class players in every position lads like Grealish and Sterling on the left, Kane and Rashford through the middle, and Sancho and Bellingham on the right with Foden and Mount just behind.

If that is who Southgate picks for the Euros, the likes of Abraham, Calvert-Lewien, Bamford, Hudson-Odoi, Greenwood, Ings, and Maddison wont even get in the squad. He could potentially be a starter for us very soon if he did pick us whereas he could be waiting a long time to be a regular in the England squad. Heres hoping .

Edited by JoxerDaly - 08 Apr 2021 at 8:41pm
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

WTF are we even talking about this fella for anyway. Hes got nowt to do with us. NOWT!!!!!!

Ah the irony of using nowt is lost on you isn't it  ?
Nowt is Anglo English and not Hiberno English, which us Irish speak. 
But carry on. 

No its a word they use in the Yorkshire/Lancashire area which Manchester is in. Ok. Now take your irony and shove it up your ho#e.

LOLLOL

You got summink else to say   ?    You've got nowt have you   ?   

Hahaha 

I'm a lancastrian.  I've never used that word.  I've nowt left to add
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

"Pep Guardiola has confirmed that youth star striker Liam Delap (18) will join the first-team squad permanently next season"
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-confirm-new-first-20311269

I would think this belongs in the ROW thread... while sober, this guy will never select ireland

Then we know what we need to do. Get him locked
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

"Pep Guardiola has confirmed that youth star striker Liam Delap (18) will join the first-team squad permanently next season"
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-confirm-new-first-20311269

I would think this belongs in the ROW thread... while sober, this guy will never select ireland

DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:23pm
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:20pm
Grown men arguing over a teenage boy. Embarrassing 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:03pm
53 new posts and absolutely nothing new on Liam Delap. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 7:11pm
What on earth is going on here?!

Back to topic lads! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic