You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathan Hill appointed FAI CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

I find it amazing this CEO has set foot in Ireland for the first time when we have a World Cup qualifier.... Where was he when the league kicked off last weekend - 4 and a half months after he was appointed ?

This appointment is already stinking to high hell and maybe he has Kenny to deflect attention but this is extremely concerning 

One press conference since November when he was telling everyone we would be hosting the Euros Confused

Out of curiosity how many press conferences has the English CEO done in the last 12 Months ? 

Missed this. I’m not sure. I should have pointed out that he hasn’t answered questions other than the press conference since beginning in the role. Just searched English FA CEO in google and see he was on SSN three weeks ago. Not sure the point of the question but I imagine there’s been a hell of a lot more public appearances than. Hill 

The point I was trying to make was that I dont really think it matters if he's not seen or heard from 6 months at a time, public appears are not what a CEO is there for. I know he's moving over from London this month. Considering the sh*t shows he's inherited id imagine he's snowed under.
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:30pm

I find it amazing this CEO has set foot in Ireland for the first time when we have a World Cup qualifier.... Where was he when the league kicked off last weekend - 4 and a half months after he was appointed ?

This appointment is already stinking to high hell and maybe he has Kenny to deflect attention but this is extremely concerning 

One press conference since November when he was telling everyone we would be hosting the Euros Confused

Out of curiosity how many press conferences has the English CEO done in the last 12 Months ? 

Missed this. I’m not sure. I should have pointed out that he hasn’t answered questions other than the press conference since beginning in the role. Just searched English FA CEO in google and see he was on SSN three weeks ago. Not sure the point of the question but I imagine there’s been a hell of a lot more public appearances than. Hill 

The point I was trying to make was that I dont really think it matters if he's not seen or heard from 6 months at a time, public appears are not what a CEO is there for. I know he's moving over from London this month. Considering the sh*t shows he's inherited id imagine he's snowed under.

This is an Association in tens of millions of debt and they are free to get on with business with no questions to answer and unaccountable to public representatives and the general public who are funding them? I would agree if they were wheeling out spokespeople to tackle the, as you say, sh*t show he has inherited but they’re not. The buck stops with him and the Board and to be honest I’m not so sure how appropriate it is for a non executive Chairman in Roy Barrett to be answering questions as he did last week. He simply doesn’t have the day to day experience in house.

In any case; if everything else was going well and he was making a good impression; the public appearances wouldn’t be a concern. But that is not the case.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:03pm

This is an Association in tens of millions of debt and they are free to get on with business with no questions to answer and unaccountable to public representatives and the general public who are funding them? I would agree if they were wheeling out spokespeople to tackle the, as you say, sh*t show he has inherited but they’re not. The buck stops with him and the Board and to be honest I’m not so sure how appropriate it is for a non executive Chairman in Roy Barrett to be answering questions as he did last week. He simply doesn’t have the day to day experience in house.

In any case; if everything else was going well and he was making a good impression; the public appearances wouldn’t be a concern. But that is not the case.

But going back to my original point he’s only in the job a few months and try to get a grasp of the sh*t show he’s trying to get back in order . That’s not going to happen over night you’d have to agree. I agree he’s accountable there no point him answering any questions unless he has a full grasp of what’s wrong and how he can fix this 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 12:27am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Member relations with FAI have 'deteriorated' since the appointment of new FAI CEO Jonathan Hill 

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/member-relations-with-fai-have-deteriorated-since-the-appointment-of-new-fai-ceo-jonathan-hill-40270832.html

It is quite an achievement to make relations worse than had been previously. Worrying times 

That link isn't working and browsing the international section I can't find it either.

I believe Hill went with the Ireland team to Serbia etc and then cut his trip short and returned to London. Still failing to deal with the Keane situation too.

Link back working and now the FAI wish everyone a happy Easter and a hush hush Clap
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 12:37am

But going back to my original point he’s only in the job a few months and try to get a grasp of the sh*t show he’s trying to get back in order . That’s not going to happen over night you’d have to agree. I agree he’s accountable there no point him answering any questions unless he has a full grasp of what’s wrong and how he can fix this 

Look I agree with that but he should be on top of things after a couple of months, Don’t mind 6 months. 

He was brought in on the basis he was going to pull in sponsors. Where are they?

He has retained the same senior management that preserved John Delaney. Why hasn’t he shaken that up?

He hasn’t bothered moving to Ireland yet the FAI are at pains to stake there is an open door policy with him LOL Obviously they mean that virtually but who on earth cold calls the CEO to query an employment matterConfused

He has stated he thinks the Euros will be played here.. What world is he living in? And on that basis how much money is being wasted recruiting for this fantasy?

Any word on the ‘investigation’ in to a video being shown to the team? Why was the manager undermined in such a manner?

His opening 6 months has been nothing short of shambolic and now the PFAI, SIPTU and YBIG are coming out criticising him. A bad bad appointment.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 1:18pm
You give Kenny time you give the new CEO time too. I'll wait and see
It would damage this forums' reputation
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
Doesnt sound like he has too much time for Kenny

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Bit early for him to be sticking his colours to the mast.

If he said he will be kept and we do shockingly over next games he will look like an idiot.

He is smart to say nothing at this juncture - given that the next set of games are likely to be the decider.

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:08pm

http://twitter.com/BernardOToole/status/1436007235612729353 - http://twitter.com/BernardOToole/status/1436007235612729353

Sounds more like he doesn't have time for the interviewer. They have their process & he won't be drawn into giving a soundbite, one way or the other, before that process happens.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Bit early for him to be sticking his colours to the mast.

If he said he will be kept and we do shockingly over next games he will look like an idiot.

He is smart to say nothing at this juncture - given that the next set of games are likely to be the decider.

Yeah you're probably right in that sense.

Maybe Im just not used to hearing an FAI CEO speaking some sense and logic.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:28pm
Those comments are worse than the dreaded vote of confidence to be honest. It would have been easy for him to make a few positive noises in that interview without committing to anything beyond the end of the campaign. Instead he was purposely evasive and refused to say anything positive about the current manager, which is very unusual. Doesn't sound like he was at all impressed by the performances in the last week. 

The failure to beat Azerbaijan at home, on top of all the other poor performances in the last year including against Serbia this week, may have done terminal damage, though you would think if he won the last two away qualifiers they would probably grudgingly keep him on for the first few Nations League games at least.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Sep 2021 at 10:28pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:48pm
I think people are reading too much into Hill's comments. He was being very careful to neither back nor not back Kenny post World Cup. Like the rest of us, he's going to wait to see how the three qualifiers pan out.

It's a bit optimistic to expect him to nail his colours to the mast. What if we were to lose to Azerbaijan next month?
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:48pm

business man/politicians answer. if he had courage he'd be supporting Kenny and handing him a 2024 contract. Spineless.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Those comments are worse than the dreaded vote of confidence to be honest. It would have been easy for him to make a few positive noises in that interview without committing to anything beyond the end of the campaign. Instead he was purposely evasive and refused to say anything positive about the current manager, which is very unusual. Doesn't sound like he was at all impressed by the performances in the last week. 

The failure to beat Azerbaijan at home, on top of all the other poor performances in the last year including against Serbia this week, may have done terminal damage, though you would think if he won the last two away qualifiers they would probably grudgingly keep him on for the first few Nations League games at least.

People will hear what they want to hear, so these comments come as no surprise.

Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

business man/politicians answer. if he had courage he'd be supporting Kenny and handing him a 2024 contract. Spineless.

Not even remotely spineless.  It’s professional.  It’s been so long since anyone has acted that way in the FAI that we don’t even know what it looks like.  In the good old days we’d extend a contract when we are four points behind Luxembourg.  We’d probably give Robbie a bonus as well.  All he is doing is what you should expect him to: Evaluate SK’s performance at or near the end of his contract based on results and progress in developing a team for the future.  
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:31am
Hill will have no say in the decision. 

He is a useless mouthpiece. The Board are already disgusted they appointed him.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 7:11am

Hill will have no say in the decision. 

He is a useless mouthpiece. The Board are already disgusted they appointed him.
Is there anyone you like Pip in the whole of the FAI ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 7:42am
Very hard to tell if them posts are parody or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic