Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathan Hill appointed FAI CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:15pm
FFS TJ LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
How Americans Ruined What Was Once Ketchup - Lawyers, Guns &amp; Money

Edited by Trap junior - 16 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 7:52pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:03pm
Ah, Trap. LOL
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:09am
Amazing how Jon has cranked up the sponsorship since joining Embarrassed

At least he is willing to trek the Irish Sea after 6 months Clap

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:30pm
I find it amazing this CEO has set foot in Ireland for the first time when we have a World Cup qualifier.... Where was he when the league kicked off last weekend - 4 and a half months after he was appointed ?

This appointment is already stinking to high hell and maybe he has Kenny to deflect attention but this is extremely concerning 

One press conference since November when he was telling everyone we would be hosting the Euros Confused

Edited by Pipkin - 27 Mar 2021 at 11:31pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:33pm
You'd be safer with f**king Benny Hill running it, make it a proper comedy act
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I find it amazing this CEO has set foot in Ireland for the first time when we have a World Cup qualifier.... Where was he when the league kicked off last weekend - 4 and a half months after he was appointed ?

This appointment is already stinking to high hell and maybe he has Kenny to deflect attention but this is extremely concerning 

One press conference since November when he was telling everyone we would be hosting the Euros Confused

Out of curiosity how many press conferences has the English CEO done in the last 12 Months ? 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:50pm
Couldn't tell you who the English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish FA's CEOs are. I don't think they're supposed to be celebrities which is part of the reason Irish football is in the shape its in
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 7:35am
Exactly. If results were going well, we wouldn't be talking about him. Looking for scapegoats here, when the real ones were on the pitch last night.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 9:32am

Totally agree. It should be a sackable offence not to be based in Ireland full time. My own company appointed an Englishman as CEO during pandemic. He moved over immediately Lockdown 1 last year was eased. This was despite he being sitting in a house or apartment in Dublin on his own working remotely as office was still closed. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:56am
I wonder if Mr Hill realises the size of the job ahead of him
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 7:41pm
https://twitter.com/PFAISolicitor/status/1376157088532021249?s=20

PFAI not consulted on reforms. Any insight on this from D69er?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 12:11am

https://twitter.com/PFAISolicitor/status/1376157088532021249?s=20

PFAI not consulted on reforms. Any insight on this from D69er?

Been working all weekend and had that EGM this morning / afternoon. Will be working on some comms tomorrow to issue to members when finalised. We are extremely disappointed at how the process was handled in terms of the lack of consultation. Supporters made a statement at the EGM today and both reps spoke and expressed that disappointment.  

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 29 Mar 2021 at 12:12am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 12:15am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I wonder if Mr Hill realises the size of the job ahead of him

It's an up Hill one 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:57am
Member relations with FAI have 'deteriorated' since the appointment of new FAI CEO Jonathan Hill 

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/member-relations-with-fai-have-deteriorated-since-the-appointment-of-new-fai-ceo-jonathan-hill-40270832.html

It is quite an achievement to make relations worse than had been previously. Worrying times 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Out of curiosity how many press conferences has the English CEO done in the last 12 Months ? 

Missed this. I’m not sure. I should have pointed out that he hasn’t answered questions other than the press conference since beginning in the role. Just searched English FA CEO in google and see he was on SSN three weeks ago. Not sure the point of the question but I imagine there’s been a hell of a lot more public appearances than. Hill 

Edited by Pipkin - 03 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:41pm

Member relations with FAI have 'deteriorated' since the appointment of new FAI CEO Jonathan Hill 

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/member-relations-with-fai-have-deteriorated-since-the-appointment-of-new-fai-ceo-jonathan-hill-40270832.html

It is quite an achievement to make relations worse than had been previously. Worrying times 

That link isn't working and browsing the international section I can't find it either.

I believe Hill went with the Ireland team to Serbia etc and then cut his trip short and returned to London. Still failing to deal with the Keane situation too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic