You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posters than make you click on/off a thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:31am
DM is an instant click on for me.

I love hearing about what an Irish-born player who briefly played in Sunderland's academy in the 1990s before dropping out of the game is doing now. The Sunderland thread is the most epic thread on the forum; it reminds me of The Iliad in terms of its scope and depth, full of the kind of insightful debate that you get on The Athletic or The Guardian. I also don't have to find highlights of matches to see goals scored by Irish players because I know DM will be there with his much vaunted goal ratings i.e. "Quality", "Cracking", or "Cool finish".
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
All depends on my mood and time as for long winded posts near close to always give them a miss , now Des was something you had to read as always on the money apart from hurling which i never bothered with anyway .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Definitely click on it  if the likes of Planning, Shedite or Topper have posted because it could be anything and has a good chance of being amusing. There's a few sensitive lads too that can be enjoyable, without mentioning names. People seem to forget that the place is pretty f**king pointless.LOL

There's a lot of bland posters who have posted fairly regularly for years and  have never really said anything. I could never see the point of using an internet forum to point out the obvious or solely to mention you went up a big  hill on a bicycle, but each to their own. 

£££. Hey Pre Madonna leave Shoco alone. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

All depends on my mood and time as for long winded posts near close to always give them a miss , now Des was something you had to read as always on the money apart from hurling which i never bothered with anyway .

Didnt even read
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Definitely click on it  if the likes of Planning, Shedite or Topper have posted because it could be anything and has a good chance of being amusing. There's a few sensitive lads too that can be enjoyable, without mentioning names. People seem to forget that the place is pretty f**king pointless.LOL

There's a lot of bland posters who have posted fairly regularly for years and  have never really said anything. I could never see the point of using an internet forum to point out the obvious or solely to mention you went up a big  hill on a bicycle, but each to their own. 

�£�£�£. Hey Pre Madonna leave Shoco alone. 
I actually wasn't think of an individual as there are quite a few of them, but a fine example alright! 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I have an alert set for when BSM posts Hug
😍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

DM is an instant click on for me.

I love hearing about what an Irish-born player who briefly played in Sunderland's academy in the 1990s before dropping out of the game is doing now. The Sunderland thread is the most epic thread on the forum; it reminds me of The Iliad in terms of its scope and depth, full of the kind of insightful debate that you get on The Athletic or The Guardian. I also don't have to find highlights of matches to see goals scored by Irish players because I know DM will be there with his much vaunted goal ratings i.e. "Quality", "Cracking", or "Cool finish".

It's an instant off for me.

I can probably speak for GD on his behalf also but you know it's gonna contain either some transfer rumour about some player from FC Sochaux, some 3rd cousin of Rory McIlroy who's scored for the U17's or some takeover rumour regarding some bloke who lives in Diagon Alley.

The obsession with having the thread on the top deters me and GD from posting in it.

I think the fuss over McGeady is the first half-reasonable discussion the thread's had since their Netflix series began LOL

Edited by coyne - 15 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:28pm
And then you arrive and tell everyone you were at the gym.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:30pm

Obligatory innit. A bit like checking in on Facebook.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:31pm

I'd even take that with a pinch of Sodium Chloride. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:31pm
The worst type of thread is predicting the score in an Ireland game.
Who is really going to trawl through several pages of strangers posting 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:46pm
I'm not turned off by any particular poster but rather behaviour. Too many threads with giant post and multi quotes in the end touching on similar issues and generally I would not even bother trying to catch up and move along. Would be good if those types of discussion could stay within dedicated threads.

In terms of clicking onto a thread, I think I just look at new posts and see if there are titles that interest me or if something has a load of new posts then go in and check out what it is all about, so again, not really focused on the particular poster
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:53pm
Funnily enough, I have often said about myself in my head "thread killer" because I've often come in to see if there is any response to maybe a point i made and I will see its down the list of threads unanswered! 

I am pretty average and boring personality wise on a day to day basis unless I have a drink and get giddy so my posts probably reflect the same!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who is really going to trawl through several pages of strangers posting 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1

That's why I always post ridiculous scores line 9-0

To answer the question at hand PM as Flanno said he's one who can hold a decent debate and isn't afraid to back up his arguments with people which can be highly entertaining. 

I do miss JAVIER just for the random Argentinian primera D players who qualify for Ireland 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

To answer the question at hand PM as Flanno said he's one who can hold a decent debate and isn't afraid to back up his arguments with people which can be highly entertaining. 

I do miss JAVIER just for the random Argentinian primera D players who qualify for Ireland 

Poor Javier hasn’t taken too well to covid to be fair. 
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Poor Javier hasn’t taken too well to covid to be fair. 
Did you hear about the Argentine Matt Le Tissier?

His name is Javier Mask-er-a-NO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 6:31pm
must say when I see Olaf has posted in a thread I usually stay away.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:26pm

must say when I see Olaf has posted in a thread I usually stay away.  
Lunacy is what this place is founded on. Give me his semi-literate ramblings over boredom any day.Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic