Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should we give up football?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Turns out when you have a manager organising his team well and having them well drilled, anything is possible.

Unfortunately for us, our fella is capable of neither of those things.

Take a day off 

Reality hurts? Understandable I suppose when everything you've said on here for 2 years is so absolutely, comically wrong.

Try and enjoy the World Cup and not worry about our issues, thankfully we don’t play for another 4 months.

Also, I have never been wrong on anything I have ever posted on this forum. 

Being real for a second, I dont know how any Ireland fan could have watched that performance and not been extremely frustrated with how we are organised, how we are set up.

Its night and day levels of tactical coaching ability.
Probably because we’re not all miserable f**kers like yourself.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Case in point.

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Nov 2022 at 1:10pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's more that a lot of people simply dislike accepting that they were wrong about Kenny.

It's really not. I'd say a large portion of supporters who backed Kenny, which isn't exactly unusual supporting the manager of your team, have seen that it has worked out and wouldn't exactly be putting up a fight for him at this stage. People were hopeful it was a change for the better and hung onto that hope perhaps a little longer than they should of.

It's the one up, schoolyard sh1te every post that's tiring. Some have put it very well why they want Kenny gone on their posts, others are just using it as "I told you so" childish muck. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:37pm

Case in point.
Can’t enjoy a game of football without crying about Stephen Kenny is pathetic.

As You Were
Three in a row
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:41pm

Case in point.

Good man Franko, don't let me stop you from continuing to prove my point.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:51pm

Case in point.

Good man Franko, don't let me stop you from continuing to prove my point.
Confused

As You Were
Three in a row
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:52pm

The point about Saudi and us are very valid.

Imagine what Argentina would have done to a Kenny led Ireland

Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm
E2016 and YTM,  leaving aside whether or not the points you make again and again and again about SK are 100% the truth the way and the light, the constant shoehorning of this into every thread is f*****g tiring. It really is. It's not like this is a percentage game, where the more times you state your absolutist position on this the more likelihood it will be accepted as objective reality by the rest of us, and will spread from us to our partners and friends, and ripple out into wider society ans lo and behold one bright shining day the FAI will be so overwhelmed with this tidal wave of TRUTH that Kenny will be sacked and we can start over at another year zero. It's just not that interesting to most of us, and is spamming at this point.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

It's more that a lot of people simply dislike accepting that they were wrong about Kenny.

It's really not. I'd say a large portion of supporters who backed Kenny, which isn't exactly unusual supporting the manager of your team, have seen that it has worked out and wouldn't exactly be putting up a fight for him at this stage. People were hopeful it was a change for the better and hung onto that hope perhaps a little longer than they should of.

It's the one up, schoolyard sh1te every post that's tiring. Some have put it very well why they want Kenny gone on their posts, others are just using it as "I told you so" childish muck. 
A few on here were right about Kenny along as Brick Myself and  Stick stand out on that one . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

If your well organised, defensively strong, brave and get a little bit of luck. Anything is possible.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

A few on here were right about Kenny along as Brick Myself and  Stick stand out on that one . 

Take that brick out of your mouth 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:31pm
I think it's possible to be pro Kenny and accept he's a beaten docket it will be time to move on this time next year. 

There's not much sense in booting him now but the group will take care of that most likely. My main criticism would be the most recent nations league campaign, he knew going into it how strategically important it was in terms of playoffs, ranking and so on. Losing away to Armenia first match left us in a massive hole, and Kenny's luck ran out with the qualifying draw, he was hoping for a handy group and to sneak second most likely.  

Major failures for me: 
losing 3 nil in Wembley losing the unbeaten record, even if the FAI arranged that fixture.
losing to Luxembourg
losing to Armenia
drawing with Azerbaijan
throwing away leads in Serbia, Scotland, Portugal and Ukraine, you can't afford that in international football, even less so as Ireland. 

pros:
blooding players
the 0-0 playoff in Slovakia played very well
the dead rubbers against Scotland and Portugal

Edited by dangere_here - 22 Nov 2022 at 2:46pm
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If your well organised, defensively strong, brave and get a little bit of luck. Anything is possible.

We seem to have entirely forgotten this. An approach that gives us a clear if unlikely path to a trophy. Greece did it in 2004. It can happen again.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

We seem to have entirely forgotten this. An approach that gives us a clear if unlikely path to a trophy. Greece did it in 2004. It can happen again.

In fairness, we weren’t going to be in the hunt for Euro 2004. We had a decent squad at the time and played a nice brand (under McCarthy). Not as big a myth as the common, and misguided, beliefs around Euro ‘92, but I don’t think there was a path to us winning in 04, had we qualified.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

E2016 and YTM,  leaving aside whether or not the points you make again and again and again about SK are 100% the truth the way and the light, the constant shoehorning of this into every thread is f*****g tiring. It really is. It's not like this is a percentage game, where the more times you state your absolutist position on this the more likelihood it will be accepted as objective reality by the rest of us, and will spread from us to our partners and friends, and ripple out into wider society ans lo and behold one bright shining day the FAI will be so overwhelmed with this tidal wave of TRUTH that Kenny will be sacked and we can start over at another year zero. It's just not that interesting to most of us, and is spamming at this point.

I just thought that given the thread title and the following discussion in this thread - which is in relation to our perceived talent pool and how it makes success either incredibly difficult or an outright impossibility - I thought today's result where Saudi were good value for their win over Argentina due to a superbly executed offside trap, great defensive organisation, aggression and ultimately being excellently coached was a great advertisement for what is possible if we had the right set up behind the scenes.

Apologies if the reasoning behind sticking with Kenny becomes more absurd with every passing game that he manages and even ones that dont involve him. I would have thought that the Saudi game and performance today was extremely relevant to us.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 2:59pm
Should we hire the Tunisia manager?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 3:00pm
Fair play to Tunisia getting a result against those arrogant pricks. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 4:11pm

what irish managers were people ever right about?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
  Share Topic