You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well known victims of Internet Brain Rot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Nope, I've no problem with anyone having an opinion
I aint gonna get angry on the internet about Matt Le Tissier thinking people shouldn't wear masks or Jon Walters suggesting that he votes Conservative.

Each to their own
But you do have a problem with people having opinions

You consistently voice that here

And what you certainly have a problem with is people in the public eye being called out over stupid opinions

While simultaneously claiming you don't

Where have I claimed that?

I've been pretty consistent. People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how stupid others may view it, and don't have to be hauled over the coals, obsessed over or treated like a pariah for having a differing one.

The very fact you've started a thread about them is strange in itself.
An ex footballer believes we shouldn't have to wear masks. CryCryCry Boo f**king hoo.
Go an do a days work and get over it

You see you're just proving my point

People have the right to privately believe anything they want

But if somebody is publicly uttering stupid and dangerous opinions which are, say, going explicitly against public health advice and promoting the spread of a pandemic disease, they should indeed be challenged, ridiculed and if necessary made a pariah, especially if they have zero knowledge to back up their idiotic opinions - as is the case with Le Tissier, Ian Brown, Peter Ebdon etc.

If, say an expert in a relevant field challenges the public health advice in good faith and makes their case in a reasonable manner, they have at least earned the right to a hearing - that's the difference anf that's the essence of real public debate

Whereas Le Tissier is an ex-footballer who has zero medical expertise, and is also promoting far right political demonstrations

Your ideology says that anybody who, say, publicly denies the Holocaust happened should not suffer in any way for that

Which would obviously be ridiculous

Platforms have responsibilities and misuse has consequences

Le Tissier was obviously sacked from Sky because of what he said and was promoting, and he thoroughly deserved it

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Shay Given liking anti-mask posts on Twitter.
He also thought the famine was in the 1920’s.
Given thinks the lyrics of "Up The RA" by the Rubberbandits is real history
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:32pm
Jedward destroying Ian Brown on Twitter sums the year up so far.LOL
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They gave Jim Corr a run for his money too.

Jedward: the least likely liberal poster boys since Michael Heseltine and Kenneth Clarke.

Maybe they should swap acts.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 14 Sep 2020 at 9:08pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm

When you're getting rinsed by Jedward you need to give up LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

When you're getting rinsed by Jedward you need to give up LOL
Jedward were hanging around with Vincent Browne nearly a decade ago

They didn't waste the lessons they got from the great man

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:11pm
Ian Brown ( I absolutely love most of his music) is a perfect illustration of one facit of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He is an absolute idiot that thinks he knows better than experienced qualified scientists. The type of person that claims that he has done his research whilst not having a clue what research actually means. The fella spouts off about f**king chemtrails on his latest album ffs. 

Edited by Flanno7hi - 14 Sep 2020 at 11:12pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Ian Brown ( I absolutely love most of his music) is a perfect illustration of one facit of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He is an absolute idiot that thinks he knows better than experienced qualified scientists. The type of person that claims that he has done his research whilst not having a clue what research actually means. The fella spouts off about f**king chemtrails on his latest album ffs. 
YOUR NUTS IF YOU BELIVE ANYTING THE MSM TELL U

ALWAYS QUESTION EVERYTING

GO WAY AND TINK FOR URSELF

KEEP AN OPEN MIND ON EVERYTING

DO UR OWN RESERCH

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:45pm

DO UR OWN RESERCH

That's my personal favourite. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

DO UR OWN RESERCH

That's my personal favourite. 
People banging on about "this stuff was not meant to go into our bodies" and "it's interfering with nature" and such and such is a beauty

Literally rules out the entirety of modern medicine 

Most of the US based crackpots spouting this nonsense are probably addicted to oxycontin

Edited by sid waddell - 14 Sep 2020 at 11:59pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:00pm
Looks like Noel Gallagher has joined Ian Brown in getting a dose of the brain rot

The signs were there, he was going steadily in a Morrissey direction

I always thought Don't Believe The Truth was an ironic album title, but it now appears it wasn't

To my knowledge Bernard Sumner and Shaun Ryder still remain free of the brain rot, but that is always subject to change

Edited by sid waddell - 15 Sep 2020 at 3:02pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:15pm

Looks like Noel Gallagher has joined Ian Brown in getting a dose of the brain rot

The signs were there, he was going steadily in a Morrissey direction

I always thought Don't Believe The Truth was an ironic album title, but it now appears it wasn't

To my knowledge Bernard Sumner and Shaun Ryder still remain free of the brain rot, but that is always subject to change

Gallagher's a dimwit who once boasted on a well-known talkshow that he hadn't read a book since his school days. A Blairite and a vehemently anti-Corbyn gobsh*te to boot.

Remember 'Cool Britannia' and Tony Blair's Number 10 party? Vomit-inducing.

When 'Standing on the Shoulder of Giants' came out it sounded vaguely liierate by Oasis standards for a short time, until it you realised that it's a misquote Noel had seen on a £2 coin in the pub.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 15 Sep 2020 at 3:22pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 3:49pm
Both Gallagher's have been suffering from brain rot for a long time now never mind from Twitter.

"Gaggin' for a chuddy cos it's rock nd roll innit mate" t**sers.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:07pm
Think everyone is suffering from internet brain rot, when was the last time anyone here went a day offline? 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:08pm
Happens to a lot of people when they play up to character,  or caricature, for too long. Mozza got a sort of Jesus complex and I think it has happened with Noel and Ian Brown too. 

Come to think of it, maybe that's why they made that ridiculous 'Manchester Passion' with Tim Booth.LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:11pm

Happens to a lot of people when they play up to character,  or caricature, for too long. Mozza got a sort of Jesus complex and I think it has happened with Noel and Ian Brown too. 

Come to think of it, maybe that's why they made that ridiculous 'Manchester Passion' with Tim Booth.LOL

To be fair to him (not that I've actually checked) but Morrissey has been quite quiet on the conspiracy theories
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:26pm
Is that because nobody is listening?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

To be fair to him (not that I've actually checked) but Morrissey has been quite quiet on the conspiracy theories
34 years later his fake story about the Queen being dead still hasn't come true

Be a laugh if he died before her and the Queen then tweeted "Morrissey is dead"

Edited by sid waddell - 15 Sep 2020 at 4:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic