You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well known victims of Internet Brain Rot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well known victims of Internet Brain Rot
    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
This is taking over the Coronavirus thread so here goes

Qualifications are a belief in nutty conspiracy theories, being anti-mask, anti-vaccine, anti-Covid restrictions or down the right wing culture war rabbit hole in general

Jim Corr
Matt Le Tissier
Peter Ebdon
Ali Carter
Ian Brown
Eddie O'Sullivan

I think No-vaxx Djokovic and Dejan "Degsy" Lovren are nutty enough to be included as well

Peter Shilton gives all the signs of brain rot but I doubt there was much brain there to rot in the first place

Rugby's Eddie O'Sullivan looks like our first home grown sporting figure to fall victim

Ones to keep an eye on include Roger Daltrey, Chris Waddle, and, I bet anything, Tony Adams

Edited by sid waddell - 06 Sep 2020 at 2:21pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:19pm
Anyone who’s read this forum over the past few months could become a victim of brain rot
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:30pm
A bitter Stone Roses feud is erupting

John Squire has replied to Ian Brown's tweet

Squire is PRO-MASK

The battle lines have been drawn

As somebody who liked Brown's solo stuff and ridiculed Squire's post-Stone Roses musical efforts, this is difficult for me

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:23pm
To be fair to them both, Squire was the genius in that band. He reinvented that psychedelic jangle-pop sound, he was the main lyricist, regardless of what Brown may claim, and created the brilliant artwork and branding.  Brown's job was to chip in with a few lyrics and look dangerously cool, which he did brilliantly, but he cannot sing! 

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 Sep 2020 at 12:31am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
More brain rotted zombies are wandering the wasteland of low level celebrity Twitter amateur epidemiology

Richard Madeley is not so much Richard and Judy as punch him and Judy (I mean punch Richard, not Judy)

Former Coronation Street actress Denise Welch might as well be reading Welsh for all she understands about Covid

Carol Decker of T'Pau thinks you can squash the China virus in your hand, but not by wearing a mask

I wonder what John Leslie and yer wan from Transvision Vamp think

Samantha Fox hasn't yet weighed in with her opinion

John Fashanu is so far curiously silent, so too Vinnie Jones

We await developments as regards the pronouncements of these key opinion formers 

Edited by sid waddell - 06 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anyone who’s read this forum over the past few months could become a victim of brain rot

LOL
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A bitter Stone Roses feud is erupting

John Squire has replied to Ian Brown's tweet

Squire is PRO-MASK

The battle lines have been drawn

As somebody who liked Brown's solo stuff and ridiculed Squire's post-Stone Roses musical efforts, this is difficult for me

Surely their relationship was f**ked anyway seeing as the reunion shows ended when they did. Everyone was clamouring for a new album if only to see how bad it might have been and they couldn't keep it together to make it happen. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:06am
Shay Given liking anti-mask posts on Twitter.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He also thought the famine was in the 1920’s.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:22am

Hang him high from the nearest lamp post and quick. One utter scumbag for having an opinion
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

He also thought the famine was in the 1920’s.

Forgot about that LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:59am

Hang him high from the nearest lamp post and quick. One utter scumbag for having an opinion

Bit over the top and un called for.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Is that not the reaction these days on the internet to someone taking a different view than yourself on a matter such as this?
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:06am

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Is that not the reaction these days on the internet to someone taking a different view than yourself on a matter such as this?

Ah gets you know Pinch
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:15am

Posts like this are the problem with the INTERNET and modern society

Free speech grifting, it's called

Claiming to be be "pro-free speech", while simultaneously trying to shut down other people

What it really means is "stupid opinions should be allowed to be voiced unchallenged"

But only stupid opinions

A tactic straight from Katie Hopkins

Edited by sid waddell - 14 Sep 2020 at 10:17am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
Nope, I've no problem with anyone having an opinion
I aint gonna get angry on the internet about Matt Le Tissier thinking people shouldn't wear masks or Jon Walters suggesting that he votes Conservative.
 Definitely not going to start a new thread suggesting that they have "brain rot" for expressing a view.

Each to their own

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Sep 2020 at 11:03am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:12am

I aint gonna get angry on the internet about Matt Le Tissier thinking people shouldn't wear masks or Jon Walters suggesting that he votes Conservative.

Each to their own
But you do have a problem with people having opinions

You consistently voice that here

And what you certainly have a problem with is people in the public eye being called out over stupid opinions

While simultaneously claiming you don't

It can't be both, as you claim - they are fundamentally competing claims

The notion that no opinion should be challenged, that all opinions are equal in legitimacy, bedevils modern society

This is why we have the worldwide problem with fascism we now have - because a lot of people count the opinions of Matt Le Tissier as equal in legitimacy to that of, say, Devi Sridhar

And the very people who push this "idea" most, the fascists, are the people who believe in it least - they are the people who most want to shut down any opinion they don't agree with

Which is an entirely different thing to challenging or ridiculing an idiotic opinion like that held by Matt Le Tissier, which is a completely legitimate thing to do

Funnily enough, you've consistently tried to shut down debate about Manchester City's ties to the horrible Abu Dhabi regime

Your opinions are tied up in many knots of confusion, inconsistency and hypocrisy

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Each to their own
But you do have a problem with people having opinions

You consistently voice that here

And what you certainly have a problem with is people in the public eye being called out over stupid opinions

While simultaneously claiming you don't

Where have I claimed that?

I've been pretty consistent. People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how stupid others may view it, and don't have to be hauled over the coals incessantly, obsessed over or treated like a pariah for having a differing one.

The very fact you've started a thread about them is strange in itself.
An ex footballer believes we shouldn't have to wear masks. CryCryCry Boo f**king hoo.
Go an do a days work and get over it

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Sep 2020 at 11:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic