You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well known victims of Internet Brain Rot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:29am
I believe the name is derived from his inability to instill confidence in anyone or anything. I don't know who noticed the similarities originally, but it is uncanny.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Over 150 teachers, academics, medics and celebrities have sent a letter to the Education Secretary, Frank Spencer, imploring him not to recommend that children have to wear masks in school on Monday.
The dazzling array of experts included;

Lee Hurst 
Anthea Turner 
'Tiger' Tim Henman 
Carol McGiffin (I will save you having to use Google, she's on Loose Women)
Matt Le Tissier 
Richard Madeley 

Not a great name for a minister to have to instill confidence in his decision making.  

His response will probably be I don’t really know.  
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:48am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

We're always told exercise is complementary to other aspects of life, such as education and developing the mind

But that doesn't explain the recent trend for gym owners to be going on Twitter and spouting Covid denialism and conspiracy theories
I never got the narrative that gyms should be one of the first things to open. Enclosed spaces often with no proper ventilation with people breathing heavily and sharing equipment. Surely should be one of the last things to reopen!

Dr Walkabout Coyne will have something to say about this 
Does he go to gyms? He hasn't mentioned it at all.

Twat! LOLClap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:45am
Over 150 teachers, academics, medics and celebrities have sent a letter to the Education Secretary, Frank Spencer, imploring him not to recommend that children have to wear masks in school on Monday.
The dazzling array of experts included;

Lee Hurst 
Anthea Turner 
'Tiger' Tim Henman 
Carol McGiffin (I will save you having to use Google, she's on Loose Women)
Matt Le Tissier 
Richard Madeley 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:57pm

We're always told exercise is complementary to other aspects of life, such as education and developing the mind

But that doesn't explain the recent trend for gym owners to be going on Twitter and spouting Covid denialism and conspiracy theories
I never got the narrative that gyms should be one of the first things to open. Enclosed spaces often with no proper ventilation with people breathing heavily and sharing equipment. Surely should be one of the last things to reopen!

LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:52pm

There seems to be a very big crossover between gym culture and the culture of the for profit wellness industry

The culture of the for profit wellness industry has a massive crossover with the culture of vacuous internet memes and faux-profound "inspirational" quotes

The culture of vacuous internet memes and faux profound quotes seems to have a very big crossover with the world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine"

The world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine" has a very big crossover with conspiracy theorising

It's all very white American and very weird 

Gym culture has a fairly easy narrative to turn to when they wish to claim that they should be exempt, and that is the hubristic belief that they are important for both physical and mental wellbeing, and that they are different to pubs and restaurants, and that sports and live entertainment doesnt have the same intrinsic value in terms of outcomes. Its just another industry with an inflated view of its importance, especially if you buy a bike, and find some place to go running, you're totally covered.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:38pm

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:31pm

El Puto Amo
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:44pm

It drove me mad when gyms were open here and pubs weren't! They are definitely the least safe space imaginable. Dogging is safer as at least it's outdoors. 
Excellent for fitness too, probably better than gyms
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:31pm

It drove me mad when gyms were open here and pubs weren't! They are definitely the least safe space imaginable. Dogging is safer as at least it's outdoors. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A lot of my "hardcore gym" friends seem to have a bit of a hierarchy in the head that physical fitness from gym work actually trumps the reduction of the spread of Covid. They always start with the strawman that McDonalds is allowed do delivery and drive-thru.
There seems to be a very big crossover between gym culture and the culture of the for profit wellness industry

The culture of the for profit wellness industry has a massive crossover with the culture of vacuous internet memes and faux-profound "inspirational" quotes

The culture of vacuous internet memes and faux profound quotes seems to have a very big crossover with the world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine"

The world of homeopathy and "alternative medicine" has a very big crossover with conspiracy theorising

It's all very white American and very weird 

Edited by sid waddell - 05 Mar 2021 at 12:28pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:24pm
Gym Owners and Hairdressers are now epidemiologists don’t you know.  

Going for a run and lifting weights at home is not good for you.  You have to do it under the supervision of a lad Charging you 60 quid a month to get the real health benefit. 

And it’s dangerous to cut your hair at home.  The repercussions of home hairdressing are unimaginable, and who is going to have to clean up the mess, only hairdressers.  
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:22pm

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm

Brian Harvey, who once ran over himself in a car because of.....ehm.....potatoes apparently, has started a new show on YouTube promoting various conspiracy theories. 
I'd say if you did up a list of all the people who have ever been a contestant on "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here", there would be a fair correlation with celebrity brain rot victims
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:09pm
A lot of my "hardcore gym" friends seem to have a bit of a hierarchy in the head that physical fitness from gym work actually trumps the reduction of the spread of Covid. They always start with the strawman that McDonalds is allowed do delivery and drive-thru.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:58am

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:16am
Of course he has ffs LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:50am

Brian Harvey, who once ran over himself in a car because of.....ehm.....potatoes apparently, has started a new show on YouTube promoting various conspiracy theories. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic