Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup - Permutations - see page 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 43>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

When is the draw

Nov. 29th was the original date i think its been pushed back to December though

Edited by lassassinblanc - 12 Oct 2020 at 12:26pm
Sponsored Links

Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:36pm
So would I be correct in thinking if we win on Wednesday and the November window doesn’t go ahead we will be seed 2?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

So would I be correct in thinking if we win on Wednesday and the November window doesn’t go ahead we will be seed 2?

Sure does look that way.
And we will win on Wednesday Tongue
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Sure does look that way.

We can even lose on Wednesday and be seeded 2. All we need to do is match what Slovakia do against Israel 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Sure does look that way.

We can even lose on Wednesday and be seeded 2. All we need to do is match what Slovakia do against Israel 

Is it as simple as that? Match their result on weds and we're second seeds? 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Sure does look that way.

Is it as simple as that? Match their result on weds and we're second seeds? 

If November doesn't go ahead, yes
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 3:51pm
Wonder what would happen if November matches don't go ahead. NL postponed? Have the World Cup draw in December as planned with the pots as they stand?

I'd say they probably will go ahead and might have to look over our shoulder from the likes of NI or Norway overtaking us.
The dark side.. And the light
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:53pm
there was talk of a losers playoff which would leave us play Bosnia , presume that’s been knocked on the head , lads on OFTB mentioned it .?
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

there was talk of a losers playoff which would leave us play Bosnia , presume that’s been knocked on the head , lads on OFTB mentioned it .?

I was under the impression it was but John Fallon says we're down to play Bosnia away on the 12th November 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 12 Oct 2020 at 7:59pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I was under the impression it was but John Fallon says we're down to play Bosnia away on the 12th November 

that was the initial arrangement alright, a losers play off. Not sure if it still stands. Please god no.. imagine.. “we are not just as sh*te as you”.... “we are not as shiiiite as you”

Edited by Sham157 - 12 Oct 2020 at 8:18pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:06pm
I thought that Kenny was asked the question in one of the press conferences before the Wales game about the possibility of a friendly in November now and he said yeah that Uefa are going to be organising one.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:08pm
maybe having another run out in November might be handy but then again whats the point Its not a bloody 3rd/4th playoff and the players prob dont want it either 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:12pm
It was stupidity playing these matches, never mind training games! I would be surprised if anybody turned up for any team!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

that was the initial arrangement alright, a losers play off. Not sure if it still stands. Please god no.. imagine.. “we are not just as sh*te as you”.... “we are not as shiiiite as you”

Must be a pain in the bollox for SK having to go all the way to Bosnia. Given we're in Cardiff on the 15th and Dublin on the 18th I'd imagine he'd have preferred to either having an extended training camp in England or even play a Friendly in England before the Wales game to minimise the travelling

Edited by Denis Irwin - 12 Oct 2020 at 9:35pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
glassman View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:54am
haha.  as if a 0-0 merchant team will be there.

Bottom of the group below San Marino for the republic house of Ireland.
glassman View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:50pm
whats the new date for the draw then
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:35pm
Surely no escaping pot 3 now?
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Surely no escaping pot 3 now?
not over yet - Israel just gone 3-2 up v Slovaks who were winning 2-0

Edited by Dalymount79 - 14 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 43>
  Share Topic