Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 62>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 9:45pm
Stephen Kenny -

"We will be playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3"

That seems to be going over lads heads on here.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Why would anyone put Coleman into CB in a back three when we have Clark, Duffy, Egan available?

Zero logic.......
He’s played there before for Everton and done well. Clarke has barely kicked a ball since Christmas or played for us in a long time either. Is that enough logic for you?

No not really tbh,

Coleman has played at centre back a mere handful of times in his whole career, but yeah let's take him out of right back at the expense of a Premiership centre back.
So you don’t think it is worth a try? Clark barely featured under Mick and he’s hardly a regular in the Newcastle team the last 3 years either. Sure you might aswell throw Kevin Long into the mix too. Of course if you read my original post you would have seen my comments about four at the back which I hope will fit both

Edited by Donegalman - 22 Aug 2020 at 9:58pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:00pm
We'll be playing 4 at the back though so there's nothing to discuss on that front.

Literally the only way Doherty and Coleman will be playing is if one is at right back and the other is playing at right wing.

There is zero chance that both will start in the defence.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:07pm

Why would anyone put Coleman into CB in a back three when we have Clark, Duffy, Egan available?

Zero logic.......
He’s played there before for Everton and done well. Clarke has barely kicked a ball since Christmas or played for us in a long time either. Is that enough logic for you?

No not really tbh,

Coleman has played at centre back a mere handful of times in his whole career, but yeah let's take him out of right back at the expense of a Premiership centre back.
So you don’t think it is worth a try? Clark barely featured under Mick and he’s hardly a regular in the Newcastle team the last 3 years either. Sure you might aswell throw Kevin Long into the mix too. Of course if you read my original post you would have seen my comments about four at the back which I hope will fit both

Clark has been a regular whenever he's been fit, he had an excellent season for Newcastle before he got injured.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:08pm

We'll be playing 4 at the back though so there's nothing to discuss on that front.

Literally the only way Doherty and Coleman will be playing is if one is at right back and the other is playing at right wing.

Ok don’t get too carried away it’s just a forum talking about the team. Once again since you really are jumping to conclusions and taking things very seriously I said that I would like to see us play like that but I also said in response to Kevin100 that as Kenny already mentioned he was going to try both players in with Doherty more than likely being on right side of midfield. Do I need to say it a third time?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Zero logic.......

No not really tbh,

Clark has been a regular whenever he's been fit, he had an excellent season for Newcastle before he got injured.
I’m the last two seasons he’s made 11 and 14 appearances respectively in the league for them which is far from regular. There was plenty times when he was fit he wasn’t even included in the squad. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:20pm

Ok don’t get too carried away it’s just a forum talking about the team. Once again since you really are jumping to conclusions and taking things very seriously I said that I would like to see us play like that but I also said in response to Kevin100 that as Kenny already mentioned he was going to try both players in with Doherty more than likely being on right side of midfield. Do I need to say it a third time?

I merely made a point(s), it is a forum after all.

You could start using commas btw.

Edited by Green Devil - 22 Aug 2020 at 10:25pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:27pm

You could start using commas for a start. 
Ah yes the old grammar argument when you have nothing else to say but want to anyway. If there was “nothing to discuss on that front” then why did you bother even making your point? 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:33pm

Zero logic.......
Jesus wept! Daniel o donnell up front too maybe!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:33pm

Ah yes the old grammar argument when you have nothing else to say but want to anyway. If there was “nothing to discuss on that front” then why did you bother even making your point? 

I made my point(s) , but for some reason you started waffling on about me supposedly quote "getting carried away, jumping to conclusions and taking things very seriously" which couldn't be further from the truth amigo. 

There is of course a big difference between wanting a manager to pick the team and tactics you would like to see, than lets say after Kenny has already told us all that "we'll be playing 4 at the back" , you still have some posters suggesting that we may play 5 at the back and having this idea of Doherty and Coleman starting in defence, which is a tad silly no?

This isn't me saying you've said that either, I'm just saying in general. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:35pm

I quoted what our manager has said, which in turn debunked the myth surrounding us playing 5 at the back Big smile 

So there wasn't anything to discuss re the 5 at the back, when I made my point on it.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:42pm

Stephen Kenny -

"We will be playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3"

That seems to be going over lads heads on here.

Thank you. Yeah, we aren’t playing three at the back 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:44pm

I made my point(s) , but for some reason you started waffling on about me supposedly quote "getting carried away, jumping to conclusions and taking things very seriously" which couldn't be further from the truth amigo. 

There is of course a big difference between wanting a manager to pick the team and tactics you would like to see, than lets say after Kenny has already told us all that "we'll be playing 4 at the back" , you still have some posters suggesting that we may play 5 at the back and having this idea of Doherty and Coleman starting in defence, which is a tad silly no?

This isn't me saying you've said that either, I'm just saying in general. 
If it was silly this thread wouldn’t exist. Was it not silly for the posters who said that Coleman has to be dropped when Kenny has also said he’s going to try to fit both players into the team?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
If we are playing a back four and Coleman can't play centre back because he hasn't played there much, well on that logic we can't play Egan, Stevens or Clark in the team as they play in a back 5 week in week out. 

Stevens doesn't play left back in a back four, he plays as a wing back in a back 5... so it would be silly to ask him to play left back? 

I think players are more versatile than this
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 12:27am

I’m only going by No.1 that Kenny has stated he won’t use a back 5 and No.2 how the U21s played if he plays 4 2 3 1 in particular with the wingers cutting in to accomadate the full backs going forward. They played a similar style Lee O’Connor for example was bombing forward at a fierce rate he spent more time in our opposition box then his own defending in that 2nd half against Sweden in the last game. 
Doherty is an exceptional wing back but I would be confident he would have no issue flourishing as a mauruading full back of deployed that way and considering you have Stevens and Doherty not to mention Manning who’s attacking stats/output in his first season at full back were insane it would be mad not to play to their strengths. 
I would have no issue with Coleman as a RCB in a back 5 btw. Ancellotti tried it with Everton and basically hinted without Coleman he wouldn’t have done it. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 2:33pm
Match against from Bulgaria in 87 on RTE2 now.  What a starting XI we had for that game 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Match against from Bulgaria in 87 on RTE2 now.  What a starting XI we had for that game 

Stapleton EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 2:51pm
Every single player wearing a long sleeved jersey on both teams
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 62>
  Share Topic