You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 62>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 7:30am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Most excited I've been for a game in a good while, shame I'm not sat in the airport for the flight over 

Looking forward to it too but I'm not a fan of the crowdless matches.

Mon YBIG.

Edited by Double Maxim - 03 Sep 2020 at 7:31am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Most excited I've been for a game in a good while, shame I'm not sat in the airport for the flight over 

Mon YBIG.

DM. Name one person who is a fan of them. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Mon YBIG.

DM. Name one person who is a fan of them. 

Marcelo Bielsa.
😂
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 8:52am

Probably since our last match in November!

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 9:19am

Yup excited to see what way we play, based on Kennys comments he's aiming for a more of a possession based game with no hopeless long balls.

It does feel strange not being over there though, hopefully we can get back as soon as possible 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Rudolph

Docherty
Daffy 
Egin
Stephen's's

Arthur
Mulambi
Hendricks'

Conneelly
MacGwire
MacLeen

It's McLean stupid!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 9:38am
Waiting patiently for the team-sheet Ermm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 9:53am
This forum is very busy.... youd think there was a game on.

So what do we know so far? 

We'll be playing 433

We'll be looking to a more possession approach.

The keeper and back 4 seem to pick themselves but midfield 3 and forward 3 could be a range of permutations 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 9:55am
He will use a phased approach for sure. Meaning he will get rid of most of the lads that don't fit the system within 12 months. Otherwise the ybigots would be up in arms. I'm curious as to what happens with Doherty & Coleman. Like our most important in form players are Egan, Stevens & Doherty so the 3 of them have to play and they all play in systems different to what Ireland play. Duffy is so important for us or has been but can he play in a back 3, can Coleman? I would start Molumby because he is the future and Connolly is looking sharp and is such a threat. I believe in 6 months most of the main stays will be gone and another 5/6 will have come through from the 21s. Like everyone else I am beyond excited but it's just a shame we aren't over in Sofia right now. Would be great way to kick off the new era.

Edited by kearney304 - 03 Sep 2020 at 9:56am
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:22am
How come this isint on RTE. I thought government had said that all competitive Ireland games had to be on Irish tv. Especially with pubs closed and can't go out to see it. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:22am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

How come this isint on RTE. I thought government had said that all competitive Ireland games had to be on Irish tv. Especially with pubs closed and can't go out to see it. 

Sky have the rights to the National team's games.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:24am
Sky tried to get the rights before if I remember right and government stepped in !!!

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 03 Sep 2020 at 10:25am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:30am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Sky tried to get the rights before if I remember right and government stepped in !!!
UEFA hold the distribution rights. The government cant do diddly squat.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:31am
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been like forever that Sky broadcast Ireland's away games and RTE does the home games?
Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:37am
Sky tried to get rights to the qualifiers and the govt stopped it, said any home qualifier must be broadcast on free to air, same for all irelands from semi finals on i think and the egg chasers in 6 nations etc.

Sky had our home friendlies, the nations league isnt classed as a qualifying series and uefa sold the rights to the highest bidder, Sky. Virgin media have rights to all nations league games live bar those of the 4 UK associations and us. But VM can do highlights and deferred coverage of our games.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:37am
The match is on Sky Sports. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:40am
Dan McDonnell says Doherty will get the nod over Coleman tonight
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been like forever that Sky broadcast Ireland's away games and RTE does the home games?
Sweet Valley High Sunderland. I'm not sure what the public reaction will be, but worse has succeeded. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 62>
  Share Topic