You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020/2021 Europa League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Rangers are the last Celtic team left in Europe this season so let's all get behind them

Celts v Slavs in the last 16

A great tie

And that Ajax v Young Boys tie is the very definition of PROPER European football, brief highlights on Sportsnight with voice over by Tony Gubba hopefully

LOL Clap
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Tottenham in the QF then. Arsenal you'd give a 75% chance or more. Same with Rangers. I'd even give Man Utd the edge over AC Milan given Milan's European performances and Utd having a more obdurate defense.

The last 16 could very well end up having better matchups than the QF seeing as Roma/Shakhtar Donetsk, Villarreal/Dynamo Kiev and Man Utd/AC Milan are all happening.

Real opportunity for Tottenham or Rangers to win a European trophy.

Having watched the Leicester game last night I'd be backing Slavia Prague to beat Rangers, they were very comfortable against a side twice as good as Rangers. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Has that happened before? Same city won both European trophies?

@Terri?? 
Glasgow, Liverpool and Madrid have had teams in two different finals in the same year. I am not sure about the past few years, I think the EPL had four teams in the two finals?

Brendan got it with Madrid (2017/18), but London also very nearly had it the following year, when Chelsea won the EL, but Spurs were robbed blind by a cheating referee runners-up in the Champions League.

Somedays I don’t think about that penalty. But only some. 

Spurs were terrible in that final - wouldn't have made any difference 

Both teams were terrible.

Of course the first goal in a major final makes a difference. I’m sure the team that scores first wins more than 75% of the time.

If no penalty is given the match probably goes into extra time as neither team played well. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:51pm

Has that happened before? Same city won both European trophies?

@Terri?? 
'94 Inter and Ac Milan too
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:55pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Tottenham in the QF then. Arsenal you'd give a 75% chance or more. Same with Rangers. I'd even give Man Utd the edge over AC Milan given Milan's European performances and Utd having a more obdurate defense.

The last 16 could very well end up having better matchups than the QF seeing as Roma/Shakhtar Donetsk, Villarreal/Dynamo Kiev and Man Utd/AC Milan are all happening.

Real opportunity for Tottenham or Rangers to win a European trophy.

Having watched the Leicester game last night I'd be backing Slavia Prague to beat Rangers, they were very comfortable against a side twice as good as Rangers. 

+1

Czech football is on the up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 5:05pm
Soucek and Coufal have been revolutionary at West Ham for a combined £25 Million or so.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 7:31pm
Part of me wondered whether Leicester actually cared about getting eliminated with another 2nd spot a possibility

The bookies have Slavia 6/4 to qualify with Rangers 1/2 to qualify which suggests it's extremely close to call but then in the outrights they have Slavia at 50/1 with Rangers at 18/1 

If I were a Rangers fan I'd be extremely happy with this draw, with possibly Granada being the only easier option.

Edited by coyne - 26 Feb 2021 at 7:33pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:38pm
Was chatting to Rangers fella this morning and he was hoping for Spurs or Arsenal, didn't want Man Utd as didn't fancy their chances against them
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:32pm
Great chance of an all English final.

It's foolish to rule out Villareal however, Unai Emery is the king of the Europa League afterall..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Great chance of an all English final.

It's foolish to rule out Villareal however, Unai Emery is the king of the Europa League afterall..

All the big teams were kept apart so the semifinals should be good but hard to call

Man U v Roma
Villarreal v Arsenal 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:50pm
Slavia Prague to make the final
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 5:10pm

Certainly the better half of the draw, but even though they thoroughly deserved to go through last night, they're still not a very good side (imo).

Which is not to disrespect them btw, but I just can't get past reflecting on just how utterly crap Spurs were not to have put them away.

EDIT: Sorry, I read that as "Dinamo Zagreb" - I'm still suffering from flashbacks! Shocked

Dunno much about Slavia, but suspect they'll go out to Arsenal.

Edited by Territorial - 19 Mar 2021 at 5:13pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Certainly the better half of the draw, but even though they thoroughly deserved to go through last night, they're still not a very good side (imo).

Which is not to disrespect them btw, but I just can't get past reflecting on just how utterly crap Spurs were not to have put them away.

EDIT: Sorry, I read that as "Dinamo Zagreb" - I'm still suffering from flashbacks! Shocked

Dunno much about Slavia, but suspect they'll go out to Arsenal.

Slavia have been brilliant. They're the team West Ham bought Soucek and Coufal and there's a few strikers there that WH have been linked with for a few months so watched a few of their games. Put Leicester out in the last round
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
Man U v Arsenal final 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 10:33pm

Man U v Arsenal final 

I would've preferred Ajax over Roma in the semi final. 

Perfect semi final pairings given the ex players & manager factor regarding both Roma & Villareal. 

I don't see United or Arsenal comfortably beating those two sides at all. They'll be tight enough games. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:30pm
Man U coming from behind yet again but the Roma keeper poor on the third goal.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 1:03pm
Villarreal will be hard to beat but Man U should have too much for them up front.

I think it will be close but Utd to win by a single goal.

Man U 
2-1 

CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 4:58pm
Emerys fifth Europa final - won 3iar
Who are Villarreals danger men?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic