Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Just seen the Newcastle penalty 
Correct decision for me 

Wud ya go way. Fcking absolutely ridiculous. 
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Correct decision for me 

It may well be a correct decision under the rule, but nobody seems to know what the rule is, certainly I don't, I'm not sure if you have to reach Level 1 or Level 3 and a half to be classed as a handball these days

And if it's a correct decision under the rule, then the rule is an ass

You can't jump without getting leverage from your arms

Anybody who has ever jumped would know that, which maybe Baggio doesn't, as he's white

Edited by sid waddell - 27 Sep 2020 at 11:56pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:05am
Baggio sounds like he never played the game.

To quote SlurAlex - “he doesnt know his ball”
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:07am
Or else I just know the current rules of it
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:09pm
The rules are the problem. That been give is a complete joke
Some people just deserve a slap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:19pm

Correct decision for me 

It's the rule though, if it hits the hand, away from the body, in the box, it's a foul. The rule may be nonsense and widely loathed but it was the correct decision. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 1:17pm
What was the story with the Havertz hand ball leading to Chelsea’s equaliser? 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What was the story with the Havertz hand ball leading to Chelsea’s equaliser? 

The rule from last season about any accidental handball by the attacking team in the lead up to a goal has been tidied up a bit I think. It now has to lead directly to a goal and not indirectly as was the case in the WBA-Chelsea game.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 7:35pm

Correct decision for me 

What? Defenders penalised for handling the ball in the box? What will they think of next?

The rule that the English have only just discovered, has actually been in place since June 1 2019. 15 whole solid months ago, over 400 days in the past. It was showcased on the very first day, in the European Cup Final. It won't just change, just because they now think it's nonsense. That's the law, and the law is now being enforced, as its supposed to be. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Correct decision for me 

It's the rule though, if it hits the hand, away from the body, in the box, it's a foul. The rule may be nonsense and widely loathed but it was the correct decision. 

Exactly. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:24pm
What's the change we need made do ya reckon? The rule at the moment is basically "you can't use your hands to make yourself bigger than you are normally". It's to stop defenders leaving their hands out wide to make it harder to cross the ball. So the Dier one, the Ward one, are technically correct. In the past it had to be deiberitely leaving their hands out, which I dont think Ward or Dier were, is the answer to bring back the intent bit?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:40pm
Two well taken goals by Spurs but dreadful defending from Man Utd.

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 Oct 2020 at 4:40pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 8:13am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:32pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm
It's ridiculous, but not surprising. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:07am
More c**tishness from Liverpool, and their former CEO, Parry. As if the furlough scandal wasn't enough negative publicity. Disgusting.

I've already mainly lost interest in the English topflight as it is. The whole idea of a breakaway elite project - which is what the EPL is - is bad enough. I just won't watch at all if this happens.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 12 Oct 2020 at 12:07am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:35am
An absolute joke. PPV games yesterday, this today. This league is going to destroy itself.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 1:42am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

More c**tishness from Liverpool, and their former CEO, Parry. As if the furlough scandal wasn't enough negative publicity. Disgusting.

I've already mainly lost interest in the English topflight as it is. The whole idea of a breakaway elite project - which is what the EPL is - is bad enough. I just won't watch at all if this happens.

Rick Parry was the CEO of the breakaway FA Premier League in 1992. Every FA Premier League programme used to have the thoughts of this chartered accountant on page one.
Along with the admission prices being doubled this was confirmation that the highest level of the game in England had been hijacked.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 12 Oct 2020 at 1:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic