You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:01pm
3rd and 4th going to be very interesting now. United win at villa on Sunday - then it’s a B team against Leicester. They wouldn’t want to be knackered for the Liverpool game now would they.

2 wins will be enough for Chelsea but not a given if they loose to city at the weekend.

Could the hammers sneak in - they have very winnable games.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:20pm
Especially against Everton !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:31pm
If West Ham get 12 points from their last 4 games they will get top 4. Even 10 may be enough.

Leicester play Man U / Chelsea and Spurs.
Chelsea play City , Arsenal , Leicester and Villa.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 7:42am
Yeah as a WH fan I always thought Leicester were the ones to catch. Chelsea too strong. Leicester are such a flaky team, and their fixtures are rough.

That said, the fixtures they have left are probably they type they can play on the bresk and it will suit them a bit more.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah as a WH fan I always thought Leicester were the ones to catch. Chelsea too strong. Leicester are such a flaky team, and their fixtures are rough.

That said, the fixtures they have left are probably they type they can play on the bresk and it will suit them a bit more.

WH have good fixture so if they get 4 wins they will do it.

Leicester could get 0 or 9 points in those games.
Man U may play a weakened team against them. 
I guarantee who over wins the FA cup loses the next game. 

Spurs will probably have to beat Leicester to get into Europe so they will be motivated. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

WH have good fixture so if they get 4 wins they will do it.

Leicester could get 0 or 9 points in those games.
Man U may play a weakened team against them. 
I guarantee who over wins the FA cup loses the next game. 

Spurs will probably have to beat Leicester to get into Europe so they will be motivated. 

Yeah 4 wins (70 points) is needed to be safe, though the way the season is going, I think 68 points gets 4th.
Spurs could be out of it in an hour really (currently losing to Leeds)
Man Untied are home and hosed but next week they have a massive impact. If they can take points from Leicester and Liverpool then West Ham will be in a very nice position (especially if WH beat Everton tomorrow)
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:29pm
although they’ve plenty of work to do the hard fixtures could be falling kindly for Leicester - hammers currently loosing which if they don’t turn around confirms champions league for United.
They’ll rest up for the game against Liverpool and the Europa league.
With the win last night, by the time they play Leicester in the league, Chelsea may have champions league spot wrapped up also and so may rest players with champions league final in mind.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 9:11pm
CL dream dead now. Hope they can close it out now and qualify for Europa League
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:23pm
Still wouldn't write Liverpool off for top 4. 

I think it'll be a draw on Thursday between United & Liverpool and assuming Liverpool win their remaining 3 games against sides that have nothing to play for, Leicester will need at least 2 points out of their remaining two games against Spurs & Chelsea. Even then the goal difference would work against Leicester. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:16pm
interesting game tonight - will it be a glorious May for Chelsea or could the season collapse on them. Ten o’clock tonight we’ll know a bit more.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:18pm
Should be a good battle for top 4 now
At least there’s something still at stake in the last few games 

I see the bookies have 
Chelsea 2/5
Leicester 4/11
Liverpool 8/13 to make top 4

Liverpool were 11/2 before tonight 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 May 2021 at 10:19pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Should be a good battle for top 4 now
At least there’s something still at stake in the last few games 

I see the bookies have 
Chelsea 2/5
Leicester 4/11
Liverpool 8/13 to make top 4

Liverpool were 11/2 before tonight 
3 teams below evens. Stingy bastards.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:23pm
Ancelotti at Everton, not doing well at all for the money spent 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:52am

Fernandez is evens for the PFA with 16 goals and 10 assists.

Doesn’t make sense that Kane is 7/1 and he has 16 goals and 13 assists having played 3 less games.

Kane has a real shot of the 20 goals 20 assists season. He will get the 20 goals but the assists will be harder.
Only Henry has ever done this in the EPL. 

Personally I think Diaz should get it as he has been one of the key reason city won the league. 

My huge £2 bet paid off.
He is now the fav ahead of Fernandez who has less goals and assists than Kane. 

Fernandez is 2nd (18 G, 11 A) fave with Kane 3rd (22 G, 13 A)

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:02pm
Why do you keep bringing goal contributions up? Kane has also more than Dias.

Kane is a striker while Fernandes is an attacking midfielder, United are sitting second while Spurs have no chance of even qualifying for the Champions League.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 17 May 2021 at 12:02pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Kane is a striker while Fernandes is an attacking midfielder, United are sitting second while Spurs have no chance of even qualifying for the Champions League.

It just seemed wrong Fernandez was the heavy favourite for Player of the year when he clearly wasn’t the best player. Diaz has been.

People argued he was the best attacker in the league but that’s not true either as Kane has more goals and assists. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It just seemed wrong Fernandez was the heavy favourite for Player of the year when he clearly wasn’t the best player. Diaz has been.

People argued he was the best attacker in the league but that’s not true either as Kane has more goals and assists. 

Goal contributions can be misleading, De Bruyne is the best attacking midfielder in the world but his numbers aren’t anywhere close to Fernandes goal contributions.

Fernandes has been a better player than Kane in the Premier League this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:46pm

Fernandez is evens for the PFA with 16 goals and 10 assists.

Doesn’t make sense that Kane is 7/1 and he has 16 goals and 13 assists having played 3 less games.

Kane has a real shot of the 20 goals 20 assists season. He will get the 20 goals but the assists will be harder.
Only Henry has ever done this in the EPL. 

Personally I think Diaz should get it as he has been one of the key reason city won the league. 

My huge £2 bet paid off.
He is now the fav ahead of Fernandez who has less goals and assists than Kane. 

Fernandez is 2nd (18 G, 11 A) fave with Kane 3rd (22 G, 13 A)

Dias has won the Footballer Writers Player of the Year award
What odds was he when you placed your huge bet?
I think he was as big as 8 or 10/1 a few months ago? For the PFA one that is

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 May 2021 at 12:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
  Share Topic