You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Liverpool are so predictable. I don’t know what’s wrong with them. Easy enough win for Chelsea. A tame Wijnaldum header with about 5 minutes left is the only effort I remember on target from Liverpool.

There's probably multiple issues at present for them, including injuries of course, but the most noticeable thing is that they are persisting with a high defensive line despite no longer pressing the way they were doing. So in effect they have the worst of both worlds as a high line without the press, not to mention without the quick centre backs likes Van Djik and Gomez, leaves you very exposed. Not sure what has caused this but I'd say player burn out could well be the problem. They've played a very intense style of football for the past three or four seasons and it seems to have caught up with them at this point.
They're all defensive issues tho, they haven't been scoring goals, that's the main problem. Last year they could concede one goal and still beat Brighton, Burnley etc by 3
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:53pm
5 home losses for the first time in their history after the longest run without losing one, how mental is that

Edited by Artie Ziff - 05 Mar 2021 at 12:54pm
It would damage this forums' reputation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

5 home losses for the first time in their history after the longest run without losing one, how mental is that

Just shows the Clarets start a trend now everyone wants 3 points at Anfield Tongue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:55pm
They only drew with Burnley at Anfield last season. Burnley hitting the bar in the last minute costing them an away win. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:49am
Fernandez is evens for the PFA with 16 goals and 10 assists.

Doesn’t make sense that Kane is 7/1 and he has 16 goals and 13 assists having played 3 less games.

Kane has a real shot of the 20 goals 20 assists season. He will get the 20 goals but the assists will be harder.
Only Henry has ever done this in the EPL. 

Personally I think Diaz should get it as he has been one of the key reason city won the league. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Doesn’t make sense that Kane is 7/1 and he has 16 goals and 13 assists having played 3 less games.

Kane has a real shot of the 20 goals 20 assists season. He will get the 20 goals but the assists will be harder.

Personally I think Diaz should get it as he has been one of the key reason city won the league. 

Kane plays as a striker which makes Fernandes numbers even more impressive.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:59am
Fernandes will get it and i've no real complaints. Thought he was quite poor again yesterday despite scoring another penalty, but has probably done enough in the games against the weaker teams in the league to warrant the award. In short, he's carried United a lot in games. 

There haven't been many standout players in the league this year to be honest

Dias, Gundogan, Kane, maybe Grealish or Son will be nominated. 

Phil Foden deserves YPOTY

Salah is top scorer in the league and hasn't had a good season, so you can't always just go by numbers

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 08 Mar 2021 at 11:00am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Kane plays as a striker which makes Fernandes numbers even more impressive.

Fernandez has 8 peno to Kane 3.
Makes Kane numbers even more impressive! 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Fernandes will get it and i've no real complaints. Thought he was quite poor again yesterday despite scoring another penalty, but has probably done enough in the games against the weaker teams in the league to warrant the award. In short, he's carried United a lot in games. 

There haven't been many standout players in the league this year to be honest

Dias, Gundogan, Kane, maybe Grealish or Son will be nominated. 

Phil Foden deserves YPOTY

Salah is top scorer in the league and hasn't had a good season, so you can't always just go by numbers

You thought he was poor? He was very good yesterday. You are correct with going by numbers mind, was surprised to see De Bruyne has only one goal from open play in the Premier League this season.

I would maybe give YPOTY to Saka but wouldn’t begrudge it going to Foden! Surprised he’s been benched for the last three games.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 12:01pm
Yeah, he gave the ball away a lot in decent positions I thought. Fouled a bit too, although I wish De Bruyne had fouled Shaw when he was running past him for the second. 
There's a lot to be said for tactical fouling. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 10:04pm
Wolves forwards are pretty poor 
Minus Jimenez of course 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:45pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:19am
City looking good for the domestic treble again. 2 in 3 seasons is some achievement.
Diaz has been magnificent for them this season and for me should be the PFA player of the year. 

Kane is having his best season: 17 goals and 13 assists.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:37am

City looking good for the domestic treble again. 2 in 3 seasons is some achievement.
Diaz has been magnificent for them this season and for me should be the PFA player of the year. 

Another lovely dive from Harry too.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 12:19pm

He’s a very smart player. 
Has some record on peno - might be 16/17 in a row now.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 12:31pm

As England captain he gets away with it more than other players! Do you reckon he stays with Spurs? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 1:04pm

As England captain he gets away with it more than other players! Do you reckon he stays with Spurs? 

I think this is the summer he should go. He is 27 so really needs to go and win the big trophies. 

The question is do the top clubs want / need him? He won’t be cheap.
Man City would be the favs and Aguero looks like he is off.

Bayern would be a great move but Lewandowski is breaking all kind of records. 

PSG maybe if they sell Neymar or Mbappe and Poch is still there.
Real and Barca would prefer Neymar / Mbappe but do they have any money.

If I had to bet on it I reckon he stays at Spurs. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:46am
Leicester 5/1 to beat Man City today.

City have a champions league match on Tuesday which will be the key focus.

I think those odds are too good. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
  Share Topic