Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PL Season 20/21
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:26pm
Only 5 weeks until the start of the new season Clap

Fulham vs Brentford is taking place on Tuesday to see who gets promoted, should be a cracking game.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Leeds do under Bielsa in the Premiership, I also think if Ancelotti gets backed well in the transfer market that Everton can have a very good season.

Bit early for predictions and the likes especially with very few transfers sorted/made already but I can see the top 2 Liverpool and City going at again but the title race will be much tighter imo.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:09am
Leeds will make top 4
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Leeds will make top 4
Sid how many times do i have to say " stop drinking toilet cleaner at home " .
So hope Leeds go back down Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:13pm
The last two times Leeds were promoted to the top division, in their first seasons back they i) finished second on goal difference and ii) finished 4th, and then won the league the following season

They have a top tier coach respected worldwide and are a massive club

Elland Road will be a fortress next season in front of the fanatical virtual supporters

Newly promoted Sheffield United were not that far off contending for a Champions League place this year

Below the top two, there are a lot of poor teams with poor coaches, only Arsenal look like they might step up, Wolves may have gone as far as they can go

Chelsea, Spurs and Manchester United are no great shakes
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:25pm
Leeds will get relegated, they have a poor squad.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The last two times Leeds were promoted to the top division, in their first seasons back they i) finished second on goal difference and ii) finished 4th, and then won the league the following season

They have a top tier coach respected worldwide and are a massive club

Elland Road will be a fortress next season in front of the fanatical virtual supporters

Newly promoted Sheffield United were not that far off contending for a Champions League place this year

Below the top two, there are a lot of poor teams with poor coaches, only Arsenal look like they might step up, Wolves may have gone as far as they can go

Chelsea, Spurs and Manchester United are no great shakes
Leeds fisinshed 10 points adrift of Norwich last season. Norwich finished 14 points from safety this season.
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:43pm
Leeds will certainly be the interesting team to watch. To think they’ll be top 6 is laughable. They’ll need to recruit heavily, to simply stay in the league. I’ve seen then linked with some huge names but nothing has materialised. The interest in Leeds comes from Bielsa, yes they’ve a large fan base. So do all PL teams...
Sheffield United came up stronger than this current Leeds team inn nearly every single position bar Philips. Wolves are the other similarity, when they came to the big time again large sums of money were spent to keep them there. Bielsa could be found out in PL, yes he’s managed large clubs in Europe but he’s never achieved anything of note in Europe. It could be argued his greatest achievement is getting Leeds promoted in Europe. If reports are true and he’s to be given 45m, that’s not a lot of money in the Premier League.

Edited by Olaf - 02 Aug 2020 at 8:44pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Leeds will certainly be the interesting team to watch. To think they’ll be top 6 is laughable. They’ll need to recruit heavily, to simply stay in the league. I’ve seen then linked with some huge names but nothing has materialised. The interest in Leeds comes from Bielsa, yes they’ve a large fan base. So do all PL teams...
Sheffield United came up stronger than this current Leeds team inn nearly every single position bar Philips. Wolves are the other similarity, when they came to the big time again large sums of money were spent to keep them there. Bielsa could be found out in PL, yes he’s managed large clubs in Europe but he’s never achieved anything of note in Europe. It could be argued his greatest achievement is getting Leeds promoted in Europe. If reports are true and he’s to be given 45m, that’s not a lot of money in the Premier League.

Isn't that what the majority of Sid's posts are supposed to be though
Hard to know when he's being serious
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Leeds fisinshed 10 points adrift of Norwich last season. Norwich finished 14 points from safety this season.
And?

Leicester finished 46 points behind Chelsea in 2015. They finished 31 points ahead of them in 2016.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:24am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:42am
Current PL thread, there was no need for another to be made below Thumbs Up

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Aug 2020 at 10:43am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:40am
Liverpool v Leeds on the day opening day 

Wow

The game the whole world is waiting for

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Current PL thread, there was no need for another to be made below Thumbs Up

Harsh on DM, you know how much he likes making/bumping threads.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 7:39pm

greatest achievement is getting Leeds promoted in Europe

Top 6 then, good man
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 8:18pm

All PL clubs have a large fan base , hummmm yer right Burnley with it's 68,000 depending on which borders of the town you call to be their's 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

greatest achievement is getting Leeds promoted in Europe

Top 6 then, good man
I think he means when they won Serie B last year
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:25pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Step aside there's a new sheriff in town

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-every-clubs-away-fans-in-english-football-ranked-20200824

It just proves why Leeds fans get the piss took out of them on a weekly basis on social media.

Topping a poll of 6200 people, out of the total capacity of all the 91 league clubs, is nothing to be bragging about but only something Leeds fans would brag about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic