You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone bought the LOI streaming package?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone bought the LOI streaming package?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 4:39pm
Or planning to?
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 4:59pm
Will be buying it next week. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 4:59pm
Planning to. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 5:26pm
Bohs giving it free to season tickets who don’t ask for a refund, I’ll get it that way. Would have got it anyway though.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Bohs giving it free to season tickets who don’t ask for a refund, I’ll get it that way. Would have got it anyway though.
This.  
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 5:41pm
Yeah bought it yesterday, as a Cork City fan exiled in Cork I'd happily pay to have the service every year.

Be interesting to see how it works. At the moment it'll cost RTE quite a bit to run, which will never break even. I didn't like the RTE lad's comment saying this will be a test to see if there's a demand for LOI. 
Firstly, not a hope he'd try that test with his GAA/rugby fanbase. There's be outrage if he put some of his GAA coverage on a paywall. 
And then secodnly, if he's so worried about the breakeven, wouldn't it be better to put the Tuesday night Champions League games of English teams on the paywall? If it's got such a great demand, he'll make money, if it doesn't well does that fail his test too?
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 6:14pm
Added a poll lads in a separate thread to get a gauge on numbers 
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 6:15pm
I'm not sure why people think that because RTE are involved that it will be a quality production. Every LOI broadcast they do is terrible especially your wan commentating on Soccer Republic. I'll still buy it though
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Yeah same here just got email from SRFC...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

I'm not sure why people think that because RTE are involved that it will be a quality production. Every LOI broadcast they do is terrible especially your wan commentating on Soccer Republic. I'll still buy it though
Who's saying that? They've already told us it's a one-camera job, with no pre, post or halftime analysis 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Who's saying that? They've already told us it's a one-camera job, with no pre, post or halftime analysis 

It's two cameras apparently.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:40pm
On the irish version you get 55+ games to stream while us foreigners get 65+ games .
We do get charged more.

I'm assuming not all matches will be available going by these numbers - is there a schedule of games that will be available ?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:44pm
Eir games are excluded from the Irish package AFAIK.

Has there been any mention of being able to watch replays of the games? Would be very handy for those of us living in different time zones. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:45pm
I bought it immediately after reading the snide remarks about it from RTEs head of sport 
El Puto Amo
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I some comments on social media and Foot.ie. One of the newspaper articles was quite enthusiastic about it too
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Eir games are excluded from the Irish package AFAIK.

Has there been any mention of being able to watch replays of the games? Would be very handy for those of us living in different time zones. 

There’s a catch up section on the website 
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 5:58pm
You need to watch 11 games to make the season pass worth it. I probably won't end up doing that, so will go match by match. Some games will be on RTE and eirSport as well, so a fiver for the Pats matches I want to watch will be my option.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 11:47pm
Never watched league of Ireland other that the odd highlights but might actually go with this!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic