You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with real estate agency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with real estate agency
    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 2:30pm
I am planning to sale my apartment, how can I find a good real estate agency ? There are just a lot of them around, I don't know which one to choose. Do any of them give a first free consultation ?
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 5:42pm
I'm looking to buy at the minute and its funny how you can be auto focused on the property photos and details as advertised by estate agent. Many are doing videos and virtual reality visit to property because of covid. Generally the big hitters Sherry Fitz etc are best but prob take the biggest cut. Get a list of agents in your area and look at their website and the way they advertise properties. Some are terrible some excellent. 
The excellent advertisers are the ones who get the Web hits. Make sure it goes up on Daft and My Homes website. Estate Agent should do that.
GOOD LUCK I think prices are going to drop soon ie 3/4 months

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 22 Jul 2020 at 5:43pm
WillieB View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 1:50pm
oh thank you so much for your reply! may be you can recommend me any of them ?
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 6:58pm
can be worth approaching the owner for a direct sale, saves on fees for both, esp if it's a cash sale, just agree on price

agents and solicitors are a pure rip off for the actual work they do

purple bricks an option too
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

We earn every f**king penny!!

Can't tell you how many times I have seen sales without a third party mediator fall apart
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Can't tell you how many times I have seen sales without a third party mediator fall apart

spoken like a lad who knows how to put fear into people LOL

taking pictures and posting on a website is not work Wink
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 12:10am

I assumed the arse would fall out of the housing market but a house 3 doors up from me went on sale a few weeks back and is already sold, for much the same, if not more, than pre-Covid prices. Had 5 or 6 people bidding too.

Are you seeing much of a drop?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I assumed the arse would fall out of the housing market but a house 3 doors up from me went on sale a few weeks back and is already sold, for much the same, if not more, than pre-Covid prices. Had 5 or 6 people bidding too.

Last 3 weeks have been mad busy and haven't seen any drop,and in some cases an increase. Plenty of sale agreeds and new listings

People still want to buy and banks are willing to lend,and starting to see mortgage valuations take off again which is great. Next 6 weeks will tell a tale
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I don't expect to see "the arse fall out of things" as you say, not in the way it did in 2008. In 2008 far more people of a house-buying age lost jobs, that hasn't really happened yet. Most of the jobs lost so far has been in pubs/restaurants/tourism which would have a lot of younger people employed. There's a lot of people who want to buy houses that still can. 

The impact will be much slower on this one. Once the world rebalances to where people want to live (will immigrants return home out of ireland, will Irish people decide to leave the cities and work remote), then loads of houses that were normally rented will go for sale instead if they can't find tenants. That might flood certain markets, but I don't see it happening overnight. People deciding to relocate isn't instant, landlords deciding they want to sell up isn't an overnight decision, give it a year and we might see a noticeable difference
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:13am
The numer of stamp duty transactions were down by around 1,000 or so I think in April/May
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:33am
Yeah that will be the case but it seems things are picking up again.

As shedite says, this is nothing like 2008. People actually have money and want to spend in general. We have had interest from people upsizing, downsizing, first time buyers and investors. So it has been healthy across the board.

Also a trend in people looking to relocate from cities and work from home. A great trend for the west and could have a massive impact in the coming years. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

The numer of stamp duty transactions were down by around 1,000 or so I think in April/May

Land registry/registry of deeds was closed. Most conveyancing was held up. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:13am

Some banks stood down their valuation people due to Covid and government guidelines, told them not to go to peoples houses to do the valuation bit. So no mortgages that required valuations (which is 80% of sales) could close
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Some banks stood down their valuation people due to Covid and government guidelines, told them not to go to peoples houses to do the valuation bit. So no mortgages that required valuations (which is 80% of sales) could close

Banks don't have their own valuers (Well they do, but not for stuff like this). They'll have a list/panel of independent estate agents that they use.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:32am
You an Auctioneer MM?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

Not yet, but just finished a 2-year course in DIT, got results yesterday so just have to apply for the license and do another short valuation course with IPAV to get my papers! Hopefully done by the end of the year
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:18am

You an Auctioneer MM?

Not yet, but just finished a 2-year course in DIT, got results yesterday so just have to apply for the license and do another short valuation course with IPAV to get my papers! Hopefully done by the end of the year
Do you know Nigel Dineen? Auctioneer around Claremorris he seems to have taken over a place and put the prices up on houses that didn’t sell at a cheaper price not sure why he thinks they’ll sell now at a higher price.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 24 Jul 2020 at 10:19am
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

Do you know Nigel Dineen? Auctioneer around Claremorris he seems to have taken over a place and put the prices up on houses that didn’t sell at a cheaper price not sure why he thinks they’ll sell now at a higher price.

Cracking pool player the same lad WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic