You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with real estate agency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with real estate agency
    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 1:51pm
😂
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

Not yet, but just finished a 2-year course in DIT, got results yesterday so just have to apply for the license and do another short valuation course with IPAV to get my papers! Hopefully done by the end of the year

Good man, actually i was looking at that course recently. Have been onto someone from IPAV in regards speeding up the process instead of doing it over 2 years as I've a degree in Quantity Surveying. It's linked to the RICS which now has auctioneers linked to accreditation. Best of look with it. Looking forward to see a lookalike Harry Potter on a Daft.ie listing LOL

I did the SCSI one which is now being discontinued. I did the first 2 years which is all I need, you may be able to do year 3 and 4 considering your qualifications. After this year it won't be done again though. They may do it in some other form. The IPAV one is only a year I think but it's every week and not every 2 weeks which the SCSI one is. Hard work driving to Dublin every Friday so I said I'd spread it over the 2 years. Pricey enough though.

As for your last point, maybe I can spin it into some sort of gimmick! And just sit back and watch the money roll in

Do you drive a BMW? Every estate agent I've ever met, drives one! Tongue
I most certainly do not LOL
Bentley ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

Not yet, but just finished a 2-year course in DIT, got results yesterday so just have to apply for the license and do another short valuation course with IPAV to get my papers! Hopefully done by the end of the year

Good man, actually i was looking at that course recently. Have been onto someone from IPAV in regards speeding up the process instead of doing it over 2 years as I've a degree in Quantity Surveying. It's linked to the RICS which now has auctioneers linked to accreditation. Best of look with it. Looking forward to see a lookalike Harry Potter on a Daft.ie listing LOL

I did the SCSI one which is now being discontinued. I did the first 2 years which is all I need, you may be able to do year 3 and 4 considering your qualifications. After this year it won't be done again though. They may do it in some other form. The IPAV one is only a year I think but it's every week and not every 2 weeks which the SCSI one is. Hard work driving to Dublin every Friday so I said I'd spread it over the 2 years. Pricey enough though.

As for your last point, maybe I can spin it into some sort of gimmick! And just sit back and watch the money roll in

I most certainly do not LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 12:39am

You an Auctioneer MM?

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 12:52pm

You an Auctioneer MM?

You are some thick.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

I am sure you will find something you are competent at , just keep looking Big smile
Ohhhhh this could be popcorn time on the way Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 11:39am

You an Auctioneer MM?

I am sure you will find something you are competent at , just keep looking Big smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 11:06am

You an Auctioneer MM?

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

Do you know Nigel Dineen? Auctioneer around Claremorris he seems to have taken over a place and put the prices up on houses that didn’t sell at a cheaper price not sure why he thinks they’ll sell now at a higher price.

Cracking pool player the same lad WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Haha! Himself and Frankie Dolan and a few others!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 24 Jul 2020 at 10:47am
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:42am

You an Auctioneer MM?

familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

You an Auctioneer MM?

Do you know Nigel Dineen? Auctioneer around Claremorris he seems to have taken over a place and put the prices up on houses that didn’t sell at a cheaper price not sure why he thinks they’ll sell now at a higher price.

Cracking pool player the same lad WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:18am

You an Auctioneer MM?

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 24 Jul 2020 at 10:19am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:09am

You an Auctioneer MM?

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:32am
You an Auctioneer MM?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

The numer of stamp duty transactions were down by around 1,000 or so I think in April/May
Some banks stood down their valuation people due to Covid and government guidelines, told them not to go to peoples houses to do the valuation bit. So no mortgages that required valuations (which is 80% of sales) could close

Banks don't have their own valuers (Well they do, but not for stuff like this). They'll have a list/panel of independent estate agents that they use.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:13am

The numer of stamp duty transactions were down by around 1,000 or so I think in April/May
Some banks stood down their valuation people due to Covid and government guidelines, told them not to go to peoples houses to do the valuation bit. So no mortgages that required valuations (which is 80% of sales) could close
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:54am

Land registry/registry of deeds was closed. Most conveyancing was held up. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:33am
Yeah that will be the case but it seems things are picking up again.

As shedite says, this is nothing like 2008. People actually have money and want to spend in general. We have had interest from people upsizing, downsizing, first time buyers and investors. So it has been healthy across the board.

Also a trend in people looking to relocate from cities and work from home. A great trend for the west and could have a massive impact in the coming years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic