You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Sponsor - Any word yet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Sponsor - Any word yet?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:38pm
Three's contract ends with the FAI at the end of the month + Elverys are selling all the current gear off for little or nothing.

Has anyone heard if we'll be getting a new sponsor?
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:42pm
There was rumours BOI might take over as part of the deal in relation to the FAI's debt 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:55pm
FAI shop now have everything on sale as well 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:55pm
Wouldn't surprise me if Three might reconsider things with the ongoing change at the FAI. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:12pm
Wonder would Opel come back on board
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:17pm
Are they sticking with NB as the kit supplier or is it only the sponsor that is changing. TIA.
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:24pm
I'd love Opel back 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Are they sticking with NB as the kit supplier or is it only the sponsor that is changing. TIA.
Sticking with jacc sports as they had the licence for NB in ireland, however they also have the licence for Kappa, Under Armour, BlK and umbro so if I was a betting man I would think returning to umbro is on the cards similar to what happened at shamrock rovers. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 4:57pm
Giventhat Niall Quinn is friends with Boylesports founder John Boyle the  Belfast bookies may have been an option?    

However as Boylesports are a shirtsponsor of Birmingham city it's probably unlikely    
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wonder would Opel come back on board

Id love that, always loved the opel sign on our old jerseys. Maybe i associate it with the good old days but still
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Sticking with jacc sports as they had the licence for NB in ireland, however they also have the licence for Kappa, Under Armour, BlK and umbro so if I was a betting man I would think returning to umbro is on the cards similar to what happened at shamrock rovers. 

Jesus imagine Kappa Dead
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

There was rumours BOI might take over as part of the deal in relation to the FAI's debt 

Yes, that’s the most likely outcome. Bank of Ireland will have their logo plastered on the new shirt in return for knocking X million Euro off the €55m debt
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:50pm
i think BofI are on fairly shaky ground at the minute. Their share price halved over COVID. I’d be surprised if they wanted to sponsor anyone. 

I’ve always wondered about companies with no presence outside of Ireland sponsoring the national team. 3 operates in many European countries so they get exposure on our jerseys in qualis and tournaments. Opel the same. Eircom, why would they bother sponsoring an international team?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

i think BofI are on fairly shaky ground at the minute. Their share price halved over COVID. I’d be surprised if they wanted to sponsor anyone. 

I’ve always wondered about companies with no presence outside of Ireland sponsoring the national team. 3 operates in many European countries so they get exposure on our jerseys in qualis and tournaments. Opel the same. Eircom, why would they bother sponsoring an international team?

International callsLOL

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

They get feck all exposure as the teams don’t wear sponsored jerseys. And I doubt any fans in other countries would suddenly have decided to switch to three because Irish fans had the logo on their jerseys.

In saying that, sponsorship has always baffled me in general, it obviously works for them but I don’t think I’ve ever been persuaded to buy one product over another because of it 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I think this is the most likely too. Given the debacle that is the FAI I can't see many outside the likes of Paddy Power who would want to be associated. Sponsorship as part of the haircut on the debt makes sense.

Edited by sausy - 15 Jul 2020 at 10:56am
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:33am
   Y

Heard a rumour about 👆

Edited by King_Kenny - 15 Jul 2020 at 10:34am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Y

Heard a rumour about 👆
Ah well that didn’t work
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic