You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:23am
That last peno Derry missed is one of the worst attempts you'll see. It's almost like it was his bad foot he hit it with.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:27pm
Just seen that on the news at one . good fook LOL . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 2:16pm
Usually the goalkeeper is the centre of celebrations after victory in a penalty shootout, Ed McGinty was almost embarrassed when his team mates ran towards him as the look in his face read "I'd fook all to do".
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:44pm
We discovered stage fright in 2010 when we played Sligo in the final . Dont think we scored one pen . 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 7:55pm
At least they were all on target 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:19pm
Dundalk 3-0 up after 13 mins. Going to be a long aul night for Athlone
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Dundalk 3-0 up after 13 mins. Going to be a long aul night for Athlone
Just sat down with a cuppa and a coffee slice, turned on the match as third goal went in. That's that so. You have to get sorry for Athlone, first big for years, lot of positive media coverage and then 4 down after half an hour.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 29 Nov 2020 at 7:41pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 8:41pm
10 nil now and 15 mins still to go
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 9:29pm
I thought RTE had started giving the score in roman numerals

II-0
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 9:34pm
well that was easier than expected. Pretty sh*t for Athlone the way all these fixtures have worked out, no game for 29 days then coming up against a fully professional team. Was always gonna be tough even without that.

So 6 finals in a row for us, hard to get excited for this one though.
Since I’ve started going to Dundalk games I’ve been to 5 cup finals going back to 93, we lost 4 of them. I missed two and we won both, I’ll take that as a good omen for next week!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
I see Bradley is banned from the dugout for the final

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:00pm
Bradley sent off V shels a few weeks ago .Lafferty badly fouled by one of the shels scrotes and Bradser told the 4th official it was a f....ng disgrace . The 4th official immediately went into early labor on hearing the F word and Bradser got  a red card and a two match holiday . 

Edited by Southstandman - 30 Nov 2020 at 3:05pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 12:46pm
Final day at last . Thought this morning we would see the game cancelled it was so cold but there has been a thaw thank fkuc. Gary O Neill is out due to injury - Gary was immense in last years final and will be missed . On a brighter note Greg Bolger is back and is a rock around the mid . Not as nervous as I expected to be and thats a sign of this season I guess - watching the Hoops on the poxy tv is like looking through the tuck shop window while starving to death . Anyways good luck Rovers - on the double men. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 1:11pm
Very underwhelming on cup final morning and not being able to attend. My first one to miss since 1978 I think. I know some older friends of my dad who haven't missed a cup final since the 1940s. The late kick off time only adds to the frustration. Very difficult game to call, slightly favour Rovers due to a better defence and keeper. I expect a high quality contest, great midfield battle in store which I see as being very even, although Rovers seem to have more goals in that area. Going for a 2-1 win for Rovers. I thought Gary O'Neill was MOTM in last year's encounter and will be a loss. Who is the ref ? I would be concerned for Rovers if it is a certain NW official.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 2:08pm
Always one of the best days of the footballing calendar...Will miss not being there this year. Don't really have much of a preference who wins, just hope it's entertaining!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 2:11pm
Why is it on at such a stupid time?
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 2:40pm
Rob Harvey the ref I believe . 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 3:07pm
Harvey? Thoughts and prayers with both teams so.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic