You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you miss the pub?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Poll Question: Do you miss the pub?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [46.88%]
14 [21.88%]
20 [31.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think lads are getting mixed up. Not every measure is based on science.  The industry is given a framework that they have to work within based on science then they come up with the rules and overarching body that is based on mix of that advice and commercial factors etc.  The less than 2 hours thing is to increase turnover in many ways esp outside. It’s to keep
The tables moving.  The pubs are open as restaurants and I think many people are forgetting that.  Vast majority of people who gfo
To a restaurant spend more than 9 euro and are there for approx 90 mins to 2 hours.  

People are comparing it with pubs but it’s restauants that are opening and pubs posing as restaurants 

there would be none of this messing if Pubs could just accept they have to wait til july20th before opening

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:45am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Said before that my brother is in a band and they've been told that they might need perspex glass in front of them, as sometimes saliva from a singer can go as far as 14ft.

14ft?! Shocked

Must avoid Jamie Carragher's karaoke night so. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Said before that my brother is in a band and they've been told that they might need perspex glass in front of them, as sometimes saliva from a singer can go as far as 14ft.

Is your brother Dickie Rock?

A joke for the kids there!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think lads are getting mixed up. Not every measure is based on science.  The industry is given a framework that they have to work within based on science then they come up with the rules and overarching body that is based on mix of that advice and commercial factors etc.  The less than 2 hours thing is to increase turnover in many ways esp outside. It’s to keep
The tables moving.  The pubs are open as restaurants and I think many people are forgetting that.  Vast majority of people who gfo
To a restaurant spend more than 9 euro and are there for approx 90 mins to 2 hours.  

People are comparing it with pubs but it’s restauants that are opening and pubs posing as restaurants 

there would be none of this messing if Pubs could just accept they have to wait til july20th before opening

Exactly.   It’s people who see the return date as the 29th of June when in facts it’s only restaurants returning the 20th of July.  Also if you are not comfortable going in as a customer don’t go. Sometimes I think people want others to think for
them and then give out anyway. 

If the rules are too prescriptive people give out and if they are vague they give out as there is no guidance.  

Maybe newryrep was right after all about people :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 7:38pm
BUMP

Lads that werent missing a few pints still not missing them?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 7:44pm
I'd miss the pub environment as it was pre covid.  Wouldn't have any interest in going down to a pub with all the regulations.

I'm happy to wait until they are open the way they were.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'd miss the pub environment as it was pre covid.  Wouldn't have any interest in going down to a pub with all the regulations.

I'm happy to wait until they are open the way they were.

+1 

Wouldn't be arsed at all even if it's going to possibly be next Sep or October  at the earliest before I step inside a pub again. 

What I'd give to be in Walsh's in Stoneybatter right now having a pint of Guinness Cry 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 24 Nov 2020 at 8:00pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

BUMP

Lads that werent missing a few pints still not missing them?
I did enjoy when the 'wet pubs' came back I must say. Was nice meeting friends for a few drinks and a laugh.

If the leaks are true of gastro pubs being allowed open again but normal pubs are I really don't get the logic of it.

Also don't get the logic of having pubs close earlier.

It's been said the virus loves closed environments and when people let their guard down after drink.

I didn't see people going from table to table in any of the pubs I was in.

I wonder will the government go back down to county based restrictions?

Wexford have 36 cases per 100k. Should they be on the same level of restrictions as Donegal?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:19pm
Do people think sitting at the bar will come back ever again?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yes. Vaccine dependent 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:25pm

Yes. Vaccine dependent 

I hope you're right. 

As an aside, I think masks will just be a part of life for a percentage of the population.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:28pm

Yes. Vaccine dependent 

Yep agree with Sham. Could take time but it'll come back eventually
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:39pm
Yep, miss the pub for the bit of craic and devilment. I work in a very PC environment and live in an all female household.So it was great to get out  have a few points talk bulllsh*t and be in male company one night a week. It'll be interesting how they manage the pubs that serve food on All Ireland final day, it being on a Saturday this year. In the unlikely event of Mayo winning the thing, I wouldn't like to be the fella to have to tell celebtating Mayo fans to go home..actually same goes for fans of Tipp, Cavan or even Dublin. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 24 Nov 2020 at 8:43pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Yep, miss the pub for the bit of craic and devilment. I work in a very PC environment and live in an all female household.So it was great to get out  have a few points talk bulllsh*t and be in male company one night a week. It'll be interesting how they manage the pubs that serve food on All Ireland final day, it being on a Saturday this year. In the unlikely event of Mayo winning the thing, I wouldn't like to be the fella to have to tell celebtating Mayo fans to go home..actually same goes for fans of Tipp, Cavan or even Dublin. 

Man Utd v Leeds on the same day as well unless it's moved 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 24 Nov 2020 at 8:45pm

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:00pm
yeah Tommy Tiernan was saying the same thing recently that the biggest thing he misses is make company and sl*gging and piss taking and a couple of pints.  Lockdown or no lockdown I will be missing that for a while 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:09pm
I downloaded an app for the craic the day after a bad hangover during the summer, just to see how long I could stay off the beer.

Haven't had a drop off alcohol in 135 days now, never been fitter and feel great overall. In regard to the pub, it would be nice to have an option with me, but overall not too fussed.

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Nov 2020 at 9:09pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I downloaded an app for the craic the day after a bad hangover during the summer, just to see how long I could stay off the beer.

Haven't had a drop off alcohol in 135 days now, never been fitter and feel great overall. In regard to the pub, it would be nice to have an option with me, but overall not too fussed.

What’s the app? 
El Puto Amo
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

What’s the app? 
Google calendars?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic