You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Question TJ , in the last 10 weeks have you gone outside your front door ? 
Door handles , seat belts , shopping trollies , and so on ????????

Would you want a surgeon operating on you after flicking on the light switch, handling his phone and typing on the computer without washing his hands thoroughly and using sterile gloves?  There's a reason they dont touch tap handles with their hands before putting on gloves to operate.

Yes I go out for 2 reasons.  Shopping and exercise.  That's it.  If I exercise I run and don't touch anything on my way.  If I go shopping I bring gloves, mask, bottle of water and bottle of liquid soap and paper towels in the car and wash my hands after.  If I do shopping I don't bring my phone or wallet, just a credit card. Put on gloves after leaving the car and never touch my face or anything I need to be kept clean. I take them off after putting the stuff in the boot and throw them in the bin and wash my hands before I touch anything inside my car.  When I get home I bring in the groceries and wash the packaging with soapy water or dettol. I then disinfect the boot of the car handle that I touched with the gloves and car door handles.  I may also disinfect the steering wheel, radio and gearstick if I think they need doing.  Basically never touch anything I know is clean with used gloved hands and if I have to touch something like my credit card, keys ,boot door handle I disinfect straight away when I get home. 

If it sounds over the top it needs to be in this situation. That's how you minimise transmission.  I've seen people with gloves on in the supermarket handling all sorts and then answering their phone when it rings. Schoolboy error. 

Even in normal time I'd always try and keep my hands fairly clean especially if I am about to eat anything. If I am on a flight I'd usually wash my hands just before they serve out the meals.

[/QUOTE]

Don't ever become a serial killer no one would catch you 
It would damage this forums' reputation
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:59pm
Santa Ponsa for 3 nights end of August for a stag Exclamation
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Santa Ponsa for 3 nights end of August for a stag Exclamation
I'd imagine covid is the least of your worries. You have a higher chance of being killed by other means in santa ponza than covid.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:17pm
Anyone book a trip? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:39pm
Long weekend in mid September. Who knows what will happen by then
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Anyone book a trip? 

Nothing booked, will wait till the end of August after everything has been open 6 to 7 weeks and see what way things are developing. Buying cheap now to save €100 or so and being stuck with more vouchers come end of August. I know which one i'd pick. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:40am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Anyone book a trip? 

Nothing booked, will wait till the end of August after everything has been open 6 to 7 weeks and see what way things are developing. Buying cheap now to save €100 or so and being stuck with more vouchers come end of August. I know which one i'd pick. 

Also most companies have updated their policies for coronavirus.
You may not be entitled to a refund now as you knew the risks.

Book through BSM holidays and enjoy a week in Dundalk. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Anyone book a trip? 

Also most companies have updated their policies for coronavirus.
You may not be entitled to a refund now as you knew the risks.

Book through BSM holidays and enjoy a week in Dundalk. 
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:15am
Long story but have a trip booked to Montengro in 3 weeks time , now will it come off hard to say as every day something comes up .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:10am
Budapest mid august for a week - I am bloody going !,  hopefully the wife comes with me Smile 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:12am
Nothing planned and will only travel if on the ‘green list’ for time being but it is some joke. Flights going to all holiday hotspots from tomorrow permitted by our government and then they have Dr Tony calling for nobody to travel. Time to get off the fence
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:34am
If you choose to go everyone knows that they are at a greater risk of getting Covid and by doing so you have a greater chance of bringing the virus back with you.

Upto last week we had very little in the country definitely manageable levels.

We were going to obviously see an bit of a spike once we opened up but once again should be manageable.

I feel we as a nation should choose not to go abroad for holiday purposes anyone doing so is being selfish.

There is enough todo here now to keep lads going not ideal I know but good enough in present circumstances.

But if it means we go backwards just so lads can have a few weeks in the sun  and as a result we are back looking at the 4 walls for the winter.
Or we can keep things are they are now and do as we are asked and have something like a normal winter I know which I would prefer.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:37am
Of the government don't want people going on holidays then make them force Ryanair to issue refunds. 

If you were a local Spanish fella from Malaga, you'd be seriously annoyed at the thought of the infected British being allowed in. This is how every zombie film comes about, someone ignores the rules and let's the infected it.

Edited by Jackal - 30 Jun 2020 at 12:21pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:59am
Have Ibiza booked for the end of August.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:19pm
I’m choosing not to go abroad for now. Have nearly 9k voucher with a travel agency for trip that I plan to use on Orlando but would rather wait until things are a bit more clear on both sides of the Atlantic. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’m choosing not to go abroad for now. Have nearly 9k voucher with a travel agency for trip that I plan to use on Orlando but would rather wait until things are a bit more clear on both sides of the Atlantic. 

9 grand!

You could book yourself onto one of those flights to Mars for that
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

If you choose to go everyone knows that they are at a greater risk of getting Covid and by doing so you have a greater chance of bringing the virus back with you.

Upto last week we had very little in the country definitely manageable levels.

We were going to obviously see an bit of a spike once we opened up but once again should be manageable.

I feel we as a nation should choose not to go abroad for holiday purposes anyone doing so is being selfish.

There is enough todo here now to keep lads going not ideal I know but good enough in present circumstances.

But if it means we go backwards just so lads can have a few weeks in the sun  and as a result we are back looking at the 4 walls for the winter.
Or we can keep things are they are now and do as we are asked and have something like a normal winter I know which I would prefer.
Agree 100% So what if people can’t go on holidays for a few years it’s a small price to pay for the greater good.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 30 Jun 2020 at 12:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
  Share Topic