You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

10 days in Spain booked for July, starting to actually consider it.. Life in Ireland will be pretty much back to normal,  Spain want us... It'll probably be deserted so social distancing won't be difficult.... A lot can change in the next few weeks 
All outdoors too, so risk should be minimal
. Starting to seriously think about Montenegro early August.

What about the flights and transfers?  Bars, breakfast in the hotel etc?  When people have drink onboard they won't give a toss about washing hands, social distancing etc

Well I'll be with my wife and 2 young kids so won't be on the lash, ryanair insisting on face masks, we'll have an entire row and 2 seats on the other side of the plane, probably won't be full either....  All inclusive buffet style meals so again social distancing should be manageable.... We still haven't decided if we're going or not,  but a few weeks ago I would've said no chance at all, things are changing rapidly now, so all I'm saying is I am no longer ruling it out entirely 
Why no wine??!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:31pm
buffet ?   Hardly
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:43pm

10 days in Spain booked for July, starting to actually consider it.. Life in Ireland will be pretty much back to normal,  Spain want us... It'll probably be deserted so social distancing won't be difficult.... A lot can change in the next few weeks 

What about the flights and transfers?  Bars, breakfast in the hotel etc?  When people have drink onboard they won't give a toss about washing hands, social distancing etc

Well I'll be with my wife and 2 young kids so won't be on the lash, ryanair insisting on face masks, we'll have an entire row and 2 seats on the other side of the plane, probably won't be full either....  All inclusive buffet style meals so again social distancing should be manageable.... We still haven't decided if we're going or not,  but a few weeks ago I would've said no chance at all, things are changing rapidly now, so all I'm saying is I am no longer ruling it out entirely 

Fair enough but the thing with the virus is that you can pick it up off objects people have touched such as the pulldown trays on the flight, the toilet door handle, the seatbelts, the hotel room doors, remote controls etc.. Basically anything.  The virus lives mimimum of 5 days on hard surfaces so if it hasn't been thoroughly disinfected then you can get infected.   Did you say you had the virus on here a couple of months ago?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

buffet ?   Hardly

Yep buffet 
Why no wine??!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:34am

Fair enough but the thing with the virus is that you can pick it up off objects people have touched such as the pulldown trays on the flight, the toilet door handle, the seatbelts, the hotel room doors, remote controls etc.. Basically anything.  The virus lives mimimum of 5 days on hard surfaces so if it hasn't been thoroughly disinfected then you can get infected.   Did you say you had the virus on here a couple of months ago?

Never got tested but lost the taste and smell for about 2 weeks so presume I had it yea., going back about 10 weeks now at this stage, self isolated and all that. 

All of the above is fair enough but obviously some personal responsibility comes into play with extra hygiene and I presume and would hope the airline will be taking extra precautions, in relation to door knobs etc there is only so much someone can do, again it comes to down to individual responsibility 

Edited by Patman Scoop - 07 Jun 2020 at 12:59am
Why no wine??!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 7:25am

buffet ?   Hardly

Yep buffet 
Thats one thing I wouldn’t go near. I’d say buffet will be closed. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 7:29am
Yeah there'll be no buffet open.

I'd actually half consider a family holiday. If ya had a villa somewhere and weren't relying on restaurants/bars, and enough space around the pool, it mightn't be the worst
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:48am

Question TJ , in the last 10 weeks have you gone outside your front door ? 
Door handles , seat belts , shopping trollies , and so on ????????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 9:09am
A sun holiday now sounds great but I’m not sure I’d really enjoy myself. I don’t think it will be relaxing. 

Some people in places like Spain / Italy want tourists (€€€) but I’m sure there are other locals who don’t want you there spreading your germs and enjoying themselves given the year.

I know a travel agent and she doesn’t expect things to return to normal until 2022. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

A sun holiday now sounds great but I’m not sure I’d really enjoy myself. I don’t think it will be relaxing. 

Some people in places like Spain / Italy want tourists (€€€) but I’m sure there are other locals who don’t want you there spreading your germs and enjoying themselves given the year.

I know a travel agent and she doesn’t expect things to return to normal until 2022. 

I think it'll be back to normal a lot sooner, I agree with the rest.

As I said I'll see what unfolds over the next few weeks, monitor TripAdvisor from July to get a better picture.... Truth be told nobody will want any foreigner in their country ever again but life goes on and things will return to normal 
Why no wine??!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:27am

As I said I'll see what unfolds over the next few weeks, monitor TripAdvisor from July to get a better picture.... Truth be told nobody will want any foreigner in their country ever again but life goes on and things will return to normal 

I think it will be back to normal sooner for the people on the Ryanair / EasyJet flights.

Her business would cater to older people on the expensive trips.
Nobody is going to go on a cruise ship without a vaccine readily available and proper medical equipment (ventilators etc) on board.

Also business / corporate travel will be seriously reduced.
Tough times ahead for the tourist industry.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:27am
I wouldn’t agree.  Ireland would be a far poorer country if we did not have people coming here to visit and work here.  I can’t wait for the day that people can come and go safely
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:58am

I think it will be back to normal sooner for the people on the Ryanair / EasyJet flights.

Her business would cater to older people on the expensive trips.
Nobody is going to go on a cruise ship without a vaccine readily available and proper medical equipment (ventilators etc) on board.

Also business / corporate travel will be seriously reduced.
Tough times ahead for the tourist industry.

Business travel will return very soon I think. Travel agents will potentially gain a broader market share if they are marketing to tailor packages to ‘safe’ foreign holidays
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:42am

I wouldn’t agree.  Ireland would be a far poorer country if we did not have people coming here to visit and work here.  I can’t wait for the day that people can come and go safely

Obviously I mean pre vaccine travel.
Why no wine??!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:47am

Obviously I mean pre vaccine travel.

There will be travel pre vaccine in my view and depending on various checks and balances that's fine.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Would you want a surgeon operating on you after flicking on the light switch, handling his phone and typing on the computer without washing his hands thoroughly and using sterile gloves?  There's a reason they dont touch tap handles with their hands before putting on gloves to operate.

Yes I go out for 2 reasons.  Shopping and exercise.  That's it.  If I exercise I run and don't touch anything on my way.  If I go shopping I bring gloves, mask, bottle of water and bottle of liquid soap and paper towels in the car and wash my hands after.  If I do shopping I don't bring my phone or wallet, just a credit card. Put on gloves after leaving the car and never touch my face or anything I need to be kept clean. I take them off after putting the stuff in the boot and throw them in the bin and wash my hands before I touch anything inside my car.  When I get home I bring in the groceries and wash the packaging with soapy water or dettol. I then disinfect the boot of the car handle that I touched with the gloves and car door handles.  I may also disinfect the steering wheel, radio and gearstick if I think they need doing.  Basically never touch anything I know is clean with used gloved hands and if I have to touch something like my credit card, keys ,boot door handle I disinfect straight away when I get home. 

If it sounds over the top it needs to be in this situation. That's how you minimise transmission.  I've seen people with gloves on in the supermarket handling all sorts and then answering their phone when it rings. Schoolboy error. 

Even in normal time I'd always try and keep my hands fairly clean especially if I am about to eat anything. If I am on a flight I'd usually wash my hands just before they serve out the meals.

Edited by Trap junior - 07 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:56pm
Who foots the bill if say you went to Spain and got Covid over there are needed to be isolated and /or hospitalised for 14 + days?  Travel insurance wont cover it.

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 9:08am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Would you want a surgeon operating on you after flicking on the light switch, handling his phone and typing on the computer without washing his hands thoroughly and using sterile gloves?  There's a reason they dont touch tap handles with their hands before putting on gloves to operate.

Yes I go out for 2 reasons.  Shopping and exercise.  That's it.  If I exercise I run and don't touch anything on my way.  If I go shopping I bring gloves, mask, bottle of water and bottle of liquid soap and paper towels in the car and wash my hands after.  If I do shopping I don't bring my phone or wallet, just a credit card. Put on gloves after leaving the car and never touch my face or anything I need to be kept clean. I take them off after putting the stuff in the boot and throw them in the bin and wash my hands before I touch anything inside my car.  When I get home I bring in the groceries and wash the packaging with soapy water or dettol. I then disinfect the boot of the car handle that I touched with the gloves and car door handles.  I may also disinfect the steering wheel, radio and gearstick if I think they need doing.  Basically never touch anything I know is clean with used gloved hands and if I have to touch something like my credit card, keys ,boot door handle I disinfect straight away when I get home. 

If it sounds over the top it needs to be in this situation. That's how you minimise transmission.  I've seen people with gloves on in the supermarket handling all sorts and then answering their phone when it rings. Schoolboy error. 

Even in normal time I'd always try and keep my hands fairly clean especially if I am about to eat anything. If I am on a flight I'd usually wash my hands just before they serve out the meals.

sweet divine f**k ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused think you need to chill out TJ. this tops your ISIS posts from 2016 LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
  Share Topic