You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Any recommendations for a whale watching boat trip? There is one in Cork with decent reviews.

We went from Courtmacsharry and it was deadly! The night before we kayaked the phosphorescent lake (Lough Hyme) near Baltimore. Would advise doing both
Go to Courtmac 4 or 5 times a year and have never been Whale watching 
Would advise it. We were out on the boat for 2 and a half hours. Didn't see anything the first hour and a half but it was still enjoyable. The final hour I couldn't get over the amount of dolphins and whales that we seen. Didn't expect so many at all!

Thumbs Up Will hopefully check it out whenever restrictions allow 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:53pm
the west cork coast is teeming with sealife. seals the easiest to find. especially common around garnish island and between there and eccles hotel on the mainland.

can recommend the storytelling festival on cape clear island. been twice. cancelled last year and probably shagged this year as well. held the last weekend of august, it is savage craic with storytelling held outside when the weather is fine and a concert at night...well worth visiting the stunningly beautiful island even if you only have a few hours. the views to the mainland, roaringwater bay and atlantic are spectacular. there was a special ferry running pre-covid from baltimore to the island and then out to the fastnet lighthouse. highly recommended.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Feb 2021 at 1:53pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

thanks lads mrs wanted to do Donegal so we will do clonakikty another time 
She made the correct decision

Newryrep definitely made the correct decision.  Big smileBig smile

The decisison was made for him as he was never given the choice Ouch

A bit like yourself in Lille.  Never seen a man so nervous in his life. I would say if you hadn’t of done what you were told that night it would have been your last away game. 
Hell yes when you said to me " you can stay in our room if you are stuck "Pinch
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
Should we change this to 2021 ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Should we change this to 2021 ?

Away with the negativity murph Thumbs Up
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:10pm
Had flights cancelled during the week for October... For Covid?.... Nahhh they're digging up the runway in Cork! Angry
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:51am
What's the current verdict on holidays in the north? Intercounty travel is allowed up there yeah? And no need to quarrantining when coming home?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What's the current verdict on holidays in the north? Intercounty travel is allowed up there yeah? And no need to quarrantining when coming home?
From 10th May, you can travel up with no quarantine required on return. I go up about 3 or 4 times a year for shopping so will be heading up mid May. You only appreciate how much we are being ripped off down here when you go into the large cheap shops like Home Bargains, the savings to be made are phenomenal especially in household items like washing powder, dishwasher tabs and the like.....ps never thought I'd post about shopping here.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 03 May 2021 at 12:12pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:28pm
what’s the average/mean wage there and the average wage in the retail sector.  Without comparing those with the prices, it’s hard to say if we are being ripped off as they feed into the costs. 

Edited by Baldrick - 03 May 2021 at 12:29pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:48pm

what’s the average/mean wage there and the average wage in the retail sector.  Without comparing those with the prices, it’s hard to say if we are being ripped off as they feed into the costs. 
All I know that a lot of the goods I buy up there are 50% cheaper than here, that's all that matters to me and my family. The differential in price for a couple of boxes of washing powder pays for the petrol. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:50pm

Isn't the dole like £60 ?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

All I know that a lot of the goods I buy up there are 50% cheaper than here, that's all that matters to me and my family. The differential in price for a couple of boxes of washing powder pays for the petrol. 

Yes but you said we are being ripped off.  You are going up with your ROI wages which are inflated compared to NI wages in average.  That is a huge contributing factor in prices in any economy.  

I wasn’t criticising you for going up and shopping there but it doesn’t necessarily mean we are being ripped off.   Take social welfare rates as an example and they are massively different. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 1:21pm

Yes but you said we are being ripped off.  You are going up with your ROI wages which are inflated compared to NI wages in average.  That is a huge contributing factor in prices in any economy.  

I wasn’t criticising you for going up and shopping there but it doesn’t necessarily mean we are being ripped off.   Take social welfare rates as an example and they are massively different. 
Ok, prices are cheaper in the north and great savings can be made. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 1:42pm

From 10th May, you can travel up with no quarantine required on return. I go up about 3 or 4 times a year for shopping so will be heading up mid May. You only appreciate how much we are being ripped off down here when you go into the large cheap shops like Home Bargains, the savings to be made are phenomenal especially in household items like washing powder, dishwasher tabs and the like.....ps never thought I'd post about shopping here.

Especially with the exchange rate down to 1.15
Everybody from Dundalk makes regular trips up north if the exchange rate is good. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 4:24pm

Judging by the prices of AirBnB's up there versus what I've seen in the south, it's defintely much cheaper up there.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:00pm
Is everything open up North now or what?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Is everything open up North now or what?

Non essential shops open as is outdoor pints 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:45pm

Judging by the prices of AirBnB's up there versus what I've seen in the south, it's defintely much cheaper up there.

Most thing are cheaper but ( pardon the pun ) it’s a bit rich fir people to complain about rip off prices in the south when they are paid southern wages which are higher than northern ones though - hell Martin us paid more than Biden I think 

All predicated on house prices which has drive up wages 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic