You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Cheers Wallsy.    It gets some shocking reviews on trip advisor.  

Don't bother with it so LOL

This will do the job for ya if trip advisor ratings is what ya want

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:53pm
ha ha greatly appreciated.  Just laughing to myself as the first 3 reviews were shockers ha ha !!!!!   Some people I think have no patience esp now with covid.  

I always think the people who give terrible.reviews are like Newrygrump and are never happy.  
AKA pedantic kunt
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:58pm

ha ha greatly appreciated.  Just laughing to myself as the first 3 reviews were shockers ha ha !!!!!   Some people I think have no patience esp now with covid.  

I always think the people who give terrible.reviews are like Newrygrump and are never happy.  

Right enough. Once they get the hump too every single little thing that would at best be a minor criticism gets blown out of all proportion. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Roundstone looks tremendous 

No hotels in that area on SuperValu stamps so don't be getting you're hopes up son 
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Lads any tips on decent places to eat in Westport.  Not for a big drinking session but good grub with a good chef in the kitchen and locally sourced ingredients possible.  Guys in Clifden is the reference point for a really good gastro pub. 

Thanks  

Did think Sage was very good at the top of the town , even Newry Rep said it was decent Smile

Tried to book there again a couple of weeks ago and it was booked out

Sage has a terrible reputation around Westport.

Even worse than his one in coppers 😀
LOL
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:13pm

Lads any tips on decent places to eat in Westport.  Not for a big drinking session but good grub with a good chef in the kitchen and locally sourced ingredients possible.  Guys in Clifden is the reference point for a really good gastro pub. 

Thanks  
An Port Mór is good 

Cian's pop up is supposed to be really good. I ate in the one in town last week and it was lovely but just burgers etc. The one out at the hotel is a level up.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:33am
I lived in Galway for a time after visiting the city and thinking what a nice place it was.

It rained every f**king day.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:21am
Did 5 days in The Kingdom last week. Got lucky with the weather, was decent. Stunning place. Planned on doing Dingle on the Monday, forgot it was a Bank holiday. Couldn't get parking anywhere so headed off around Slea Head and came across Coumeenole Beach near Dunquin. Couldn't pass it and ended up staying there for 4 hours. Would recommend it to anyone, small but just beautiful with stunning scenery. 
Headed back into Dingle then when it had quietened a bit but not much. Is it always that busy?
First time down in Kerry in about ten years, I'd go back just to sit on that beach for a day
Some people just deserve a slap
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I lived in Galway for a time after visiting the city and thinking what a nice place it was.

It rained every f**king day.

LOL

Its unbeatable on a nice day. Which would roughly happen 14 days in the year. 
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Did 5 days in The Kingdom last week. Got lucky with the weather, was decent. Stunning place. Planned on doing Dingle on the Monday, forgot it was a Bank holiday. Couldn't get parking anywhere so headed off around Slea Head and came across Coumeenole Beach near Dunquin. Couldn't pass it and ended up staying there for 4 hours. Would recommend it to anyone, small but just beautiful with stunning scenery. 
Headed back into Dingle then when it had quietened a bit but not much. Is it always that busy?
First time down in Kerry in about ten years, I'd go back just to sit on that beach for a day

Just back from Dingle. Wasn’t busy at all. Expected it to be way more populated. No issue with parking and no issue with getting into pubs for walk ins but really, it’s just a complete pain in the hole. The amount of cracking pubs closed and no live music just totally watered down the experience.

Lucked out with the weather though. Was class.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:06am
Fair play for the An Port Mór recommendation lads, rolled out of the place Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:09am
Tragic to see all the cosy, cracking looking pubs closed in Westport though. That was very sad.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:33pm
Resigned to staying in this kip for holiday this year. 
Thinking of a 3 day road tripEmbarrasseda night in maybe Cork,Waterford,Wexford. With boozers not open,maybe a change in scenery will mix things up. 
Any ideas,Cobh,Tramore,Wexford town? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:40pm
Thought you'd be more of a Dundalk, Warrenpoint Newry type of guy.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I thought you were the Warrenpoint type of guy HB. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOLlooking to go somewhere I havnt been
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Resigned to staying in this kip for holiday this year. 
Thinking of a 3 day road tripEmbarrasseda night in maybe Cork,Waterford,Wexford. With boozers not open,maybe a change in scenery will mix things up. 
Any ideas,Cobh,Tramore,Wexford town? 

Tramore is a kip and full of Dubs, suit you down to the ground 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:51pm
Was waiting for you !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 30>
  Share Topic