You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Booked a house in Renvlye in Connemara end of August. Anyone recommend much to do? Didn't see any resturants/pubs?
My main recommendation would be to bring food and drink.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Booked a house in Renvlye in Connemara end of August. Anyone recommend much to do? Didn't see any resturants/pubs?
You been that area before? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:28pm
would recommend the boat trip on the Fijord.   Really enjoyed it the other day.    Some great beaches,  the popular ones such as dogs bay and gurteen bay. But there is one just beside Connemara Golf course which is pure paradise.   Esp if you get weather like we did today.  There is a small greenway if you like a cycle.  Guys gastro pub in clifden is top notch and O dowds in roundatone is very nice.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

baldrick beaches there a lot when he goes for a 'swim'.

A bit of a surfer too by the sounds of it Clap

Feic all surf at the white strand.. you would want to go to doughmore or lahinch or spanish point for surfing  
AKA pedantic kunt
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

would recommend the boat trip on the Fijord.   Really enjoyed it the other day.    Some great beaches,  the popular ones such as dogs bay and gurteen bay. But there is one just beside Connemara Golf course which is pure paradise.   Esp if you get weather like we did today.  There is a small greenway if you like a cycle.  Guys gastro pub in clifden is top notch and O dowds in roundatone is very nice.   

Little coffee place on edge of fjord too does amazing coffee was there two weeks back
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Little coffee place on edge of fjord too does amazing coffee was there two weeks back

They were voted top.10 food truck in the world by lonely planet and their curry was sensational.  Bit of a wait for it but it was worth the wait.   Misunderstood heron is the name
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:37am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You been that area before? 
Nope, was merely hilariously replying to the bit in boldOuch
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:17pm
Lads Booked Portugal in January, managed to cancel Hotel, locked in kildare now, flight was supposed to be 21st, Means I cant travel, anyone know if Ryanair have to accept my cancellation now?
Getting old and intolerant
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:37pm

Feic all surf at the white strand.. you would want to go to doughmore or lahinch or spanish point for surfing  
Now too long of a story but did try surfing once , now kind of before leg straps and when you fell off the board I have to swim back in to get the board talk about knacked or what .

Hummmm 1985 was hitching hiking on Christmas eve in the North Island in New Zealand got picked up with this dude who was working as a lifeguard and had was to work over Christmas at this beach ( cant remember the name of the place ) anyway he said he had loads of room if i wanted to stay so hey why not . Spent 3 days chilling and i remember his mates came down to see him On Christmas evening and we ended up play cricket on the beach .
Yep too long of a story indeed as i said . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:41pm
howya Aido Murph
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:47pm

howya Aido Murph
 Aido would have gone on for hours LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Lads Booked Portugal in January, managed to cancel Hotel, locked in kildare now, flight was supposed to be 21st, Means I cant travel, anyone know if Ryanair have to accept my cancellation now?
would you have gone if Kildare not in lockdown?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 4:18pm
no already had the hotel and AIRBNB cancelled, not many options with Ryanair though
Getting old and intolerant
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 5:13pm

Now too long of a story but did try surfing once , now kind of before leg straps and when you fell off the board I have to swim back in to get the board talk about knacked or what .

Hummmm 1985 was hitching hiking on Christmas eve in the North Island in New Zealand got picked up with this dude who was working as a lifeguard and had was to work over Christmas at this beach ( cant remember the name of the place ) anyway he said he had loads of room if i wanted to stay so hey why not . Spent 3 days chilling and i remember his mates came down to see him On Christmas evening and we ended up play cricket on the beach .

Murph I told you before you really need to put pen to paper especially the Pakistan Afghanistan border incident 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Murph I told you before you really need to put pen to paper especially the Pakistan Afghanistan border incident 

Have to hear this Pakistan Afghanistan border incident story now!!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Ok  short version as Baldie hates long Stories .
So found out that Afgan Border was open , i think some time in 92 ( need to look that up ) so decided to go for it . Got visas and a pass for the the Kyber pass on the date of travel .
Now only had a single entry visa to Pakistan my idea ( the wife didn't think it was great ) was to dress as a local and walk across the border , now it would have come off if the dick of an Aussie said he wanted to get his Passport stamped . So ended up with an exit visa from Pakistan . 
So a few days later after getting rid of the fecking dick of an Aussie we headed back to Pakistan Was going to head to Kabul but  the Aussie said he was heading that way so we went the other way .
Anyway get to the border but our backpacks gave us away and we were pulled into the border check point ( in those days the border was like a line drawn in the sand ) I said to the wife if they turn us back start to cry has they hate tears . Again he was distracted with another group of people and said make sure you go to the police station in Pershwer inside Pakistan and tell then you need another visa  . 
Yer right the rest is history one visa was enough baby . 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:47am

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Ok  short version as Baldie hates long Stories .
So found out that Afgan Border was open , i think some time in 92 ( need to look that up ) so decided to go for it . Got visas and a pass for the the Kyber pass on the date of travel .
Now only had a single entry visa to Pakistan my idea ( the wife didn't think it was great ) was to dress as a local and walk across the border , now it would have come off if the dick of an Aussie said he wanted to get his Passport stamped . So ended up with an exit visa from Pakistan . 
So a few days later after getting rid of the fecking dick of an Aussie we headed back to Pakistan Was going to head to Kabul but  the Aussie said he was heading that way so we went the other way .
Anyway get to the border but our backpacks gave us away and we were pulled into the border check point ( in those days the border was like a line drawn in the sand ) I said to the wife if they turn us back start to cry has they hate tears . Again he was distracted with another group of people and said make sure you go to the police station in Pershwer inside Pakistan and tell then you need another visa  . 
Yer right the rest is history one visa was enough baby . 

ConfusedConfused

you must read some sh*te books so. sh*te story 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:53am
I've read it a couple of times and only know where it happened, haven't a clue what happened. I do know that he isn't Howard Marks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
  Share Topic