You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

what’s the average/mean wage there and the average wage in the retail sector.  Without comparing those with the prices, it’s hard to say if we are being ripped off as they feed into the costs. 
Judging by the prices of AirBnB's up there versus what I've seen in the south, it's defintely much cheaper up there.

Most thing are cheaper but ( pardon the pun ) it’s a bit rich fir people to complain about rip off prices in the south when they are paid southern wages which are higher than northern ones though - hell Martin us paid more than Biden I think 

All predicated on house prices which has drive up wages 

I wasn't complaining at all, the only lace with AirBnBs open in May is in the North, that's what's driving me there. The prices are just an added bonus.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:26pm
it wasn’t aimed at you it was just a general comment 

The south is bloody expensive ( as most Europeans will testify) but when a starter house is 6 figures you can see why prices are high as everything is relative 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:47pm

The south is bloody expensive ( as most Europeans will testify) but when a starter house is 6 figures you can see why prices are high as everything is relative 
Yer not wrong, things are bloody expensive down here. I'm lucky to live within 35 minutes of the border and can avail of cheaper prices.i like an old tunnocks wafer, pack of 6 in Banbrige is 80p wheres in my local tesco, same product, made in same factory is €2.59. Evening allowing for salary differential etc, it's too big of a price gap.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Yer not wrong, things are bloody expensive down here. I'm lucky to live within 35 minutes of the border and can avail of cheaper prices.i like an old tunnocks wafer, pack of 6 in Banbrige is 80p wheres in my local tesco, same product, made in same factory is €2.59. Evening allowing for salary differential etc, it's too big of a price gap.

Tesco’s head office apparently used to refer to Ireland as ‘Treasure Island’
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:01pm
Looking to go up North for a break, Larne looks the spot, any recommendations
It would damage this forums' reputation
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:07pm
[QUOTE=Artie Ziff]Looking to go up North for a break, Larne looks the spot, any recommendations [/QUOTE

Iceland.

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 03 May 2021 at 10:08pm
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

The road out of it 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:29pm
f**king Larne LOL
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:27pm

Absolute kip. Loyalist Larne as the graffiti says. Zero craic there. 
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:35pm

Great spot on the 11/12th July. They have an annual cultural festival, not to be missed. Bring a Union Jack and a Lambeg drum with you as well. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 12:17am

Who the fook told you that? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:25am

€1.50 in Dealz/Mr. Price.

Usually do my shopping in Aldi or Lidl. Had the misfortune to be in Super Valu recently and couldnt believe the price of stuff. Too many brand snobs willing to pay extra. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:41am

Pretty sure they are big unionists 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Usually do my shopping in Aldi or Lidl. Had the misfortune to be in Super Valu recently and couldnt believe the price of stuff. Too many brand snobs willing to pay extra. 
Sham no name brands come at a price , please check the suger and salt content with brand zero with a named brand , cereal really stands out .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Sham no name brands come at a price , please check the suger and salt content with brand zero with a named brand , cereal really stands out .
Cereal across the board is awful for Sugar, couldn't believe I'd gone so long having that for breakfast every day before I figured that out. A lot of them have squeaky clean images too.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 10:48am

Don't think they have ever released their ROI profits either. Combine them with the rest of group so not to advertise how much extra we get charged here.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Don't think they have ever released their ROI profits either. Combine them with the rest of group so not to advertise how much extra we get charged here.
Found this article from 2008 on Google, 9.6% margin in Tesco Ireland V 6% Tesco worldwide
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 1:08pm
Thank fock I’m not at the stage where I want to drive to a different country to save 1e on biscuits and 2e on washing up liquid😕
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic