You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The No Sun Holiday 2021
    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:09pm
Anyone else open to looking into a Sun holiday this year, taking advcntagenof possible great deals ?
Asking for a friend. 

Edited by nvidic - 17 Apr 2021 at 2:53pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Anyone else open to looking into a Sun holiday this year, taking advcntagenof possible great deals ?
Asking for a friend. 

I must say, 2 weeks ago I’d have said no chance, now the signs are all positive and wouldn’t mind getting somewhere just to get away from the relentless doom and gloom from those in power. Let’s see how the rest of the month goes and could well tip off in August. I don’t mind staying here but when you can’t as much as go for a quiet pint in a regulated pub what’s the point?

Also, given the debacle that took place here, how is it more safe going on holiday here than say Portugal that had a fraction of the cases.

80 quid return to the Algarve. Even if you booked now you could wait and see and decide closer to the time. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:03am
While I do feel things are looking up and even if our nations league games don't go ahead I may still use my flights that I've booked to Sofia to get away for a few days. Now things that I'd be wary of is for argument's sake would be if you were to travel to a destination and there was an outbreak of covid at your apartment complex which lead to you being quarantined for 14 days. Missing your return flight home and suffering potential loss of earning too as not being able return to work.
In my opinion it's a bad time to book something. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:05am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

While I do feel things are looking up and even if our nations league games don't go ahead I may still use my flights that I've booked to Sofia to get away for a few days. Now things that I'd be wary of is for argument's sake would be if you were to travel to a destination and there was an outbreak of covid at your apartment complex which lead to you being quarantined for 14 days. Missing your return flight home and suffering potential loss of earning too as not being able return to work.
In my opinion it's a bad time to book something. 

That is going to be a risk wherever you travel in the next 12 months but naturally most pertinently in the short term. You also have the unknown of people travelling in from all corners of Europe and it is likely those that do holiday are the ones that are immune to social distancing. 

In hindsight, it was probably a bit rash saying August, but when 3 weeks ago a publican on Liveline was getting lambasted for suggesting he would open with the restaurants as he makes more from food than drink to the case now where the narrative has turned to holidays abroad, it shows you can’t really predict anything with this.

Cases averaged ~ 220 the 4 days after the May bank holiday. Since Monday they have averaged 38. Whilst I understand the caution, as long as amenities that are available in other jurisdictions remain closed here, people will travel and that needs to be addressed. Pubs being forced to remain closed is bizarre given the level of house parties. I know where I’d be more comfortable and where the virus is less likely to spread.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:16am
Might do a long weekend in the sun in September. As said above,I’ll see how the next few weeks etc play out
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:34am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

While I do feel things are looking up and even if our nations league games don't go ahead I may still use my flights that I've booked to Sofia to get away for a few days.  

Not a bad shout.

Bulgaria's stats are quite low.

Edited by horsebox - 05 Jun 2020 at 8:37am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:39am
Will people go if the 14 day quarantine is still in place 
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:48am
have a week in Hungary planned for mid aug - the expectation is that we will be going - unless flights get cancelled/significantly altered.

the UK 14 day quarantine is a joke especially Europe wise where they are the worst performing European country  - Greece circa 300 deaths UK excess deaths now at 67500   - if anything it should be the other way about - it will likely go after the initial 3 weeks

The irish one is window dressing and unenforceable
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:50am
To be honest why should anyone consider your views on this.. you thought it was a storm in a teacup and only for bedwetters.  
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

To be honest why should anyone consider your views on this.. you thought it was a storm in a teacup and only for bedwetters.  
He drinks Stella by choice; Covid would be refreshing after that.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:23am

I was only thinking of you
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I was only thinking of you

That's only when you climb in 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:24am
club 18-30 to Wuhan
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:37am
Spain and Italy are opening their borders to everyone from July 1st.
Greeks are only opening to certain countries
UK has a mandatory 14 day quarantine.

It’s really bizarre but the best thing to do is look at each nations post-covid policies but yes a sunny holiday is possible if you want it.

A return trip to Ibiza is barely over £100 in July 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Might do a long weekend in the sun in September. As said above,I’ll see how the next few weeks etc play out

Dundalk in the sun baby!!! 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:27am
Gonna holiday at home this summer as its looking good so far. Might do a trip once the weather takes a turn
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:27am
Looking at a week in Malta at the end of October. no point in booking anything yet in August. September maybe doable. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Gonna holiday at home this summer as its looking good so far. Might do a trip once the weather takes a turn

only problem with holidaying at home is a lot of the rural pubs will be closed. be f**k all life in certain areas in the west of Ireland. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
  Share Topic