You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League - EURO 2020 Playoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
Poll Question: Both the Nations League & EURO 2020 Playoff....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [14.12%]
56 [65.88%]
17 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:08pm
Couldn't care less about trying to tie down players. They either want to play for us or they can jog on. 

Edited by Borussia - 17 Jun 2020 at 6:11pm
Sponsored Links

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm
Would imagine our games would be the 11th and 14th of October and (should we win) the 15th and 18th of November

2020/21 UEFA Nations League

League phase
Group stage matches: 3/4/5 & 6/7/8 September, 10/11 & 13/14 October, 14/15 & 17/18 November 2020

Finals
Current status: under review

from: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641731.html

Edited by foggy.nelson - 17 Jun 2020 at 6:14pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Couldn't care less about trying to tie down players. They either want to play for us or they can jog on. 

It's better we call their bluff at an early stage, cap them this autumn if they want to play and then return them to Jim Crawford's U21's or if they refuse send them on their way and let someone else use the experience of playing underage international football.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Wales and Finland games will have to shift to sun and wed respectively which means I am fuked

Yeah they're going to have to move. 

I'll book free cancellation on the off chance we're actually able to go but I doubt it 

Be careful with the free cancellation. I had 2 hotels booked for this summer that both took the cash out my account the minute all this kicked off, and I have been fighting to get it back since.

Only message back off booking.com is that they have decided to close and to take it up with my bank. It is actually robbery.

Always use your credit card for this reason. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Wales and Finland games will have to shift to sun and wed respectively which means I am fuked

I'll book free cancellation on the off chance we're actually able to go but I doubt it 

Be careful with the free cancellation. I had 2 hotels booked for this summer that both took the cash out my account the minute all this kicked off, and I have been fighting to get it back since.

Only message back off booking.com is that they have decided to close and to take it up with my bank. It is actually robbery.

Are you covered by the bank if it's booked on the cc?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 7:29pm
@MiguelDelaney
Ceferin says no fans as of now but "things changing rapidly" - so doesn't rule it out. "Haven't decided yet. Will assess at beginning of July."
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Yes, and funnily enough the one i paid with a debit is also covered (i had always assumed cc only). Uk bank.

Still waiting for the bank to get it back, been about 50 days since i started the process but I imagine there is a massive backlog with everything going on. 
Davemc25 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davemc25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 7:52pm
I did the same. Be a steal if we’re allowed go and not the worst amount to concede if travel insurance doesn’t pay out for the flights. Have flights to Sofia booked pre-lockdown. Be great to get some away trips in but have to be careful as it’ll be 2 weeks of isolation from work which is unpaid.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:26pm

Same boat and no paddle 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:30pm

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Yes, and funnily enough the one i paid with a debit is also covered (i had always assumed cc only). Uk bank.

Still waiting for the bank to get it back, been about 50 days since i started the process but I imagine there is a massive backlog with everything going on. 

Good to know. Thanks.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Same boat and no paddle 

hopefully I can fashion a paddle
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:08pm

Same boat and no paddle 

Hotel in  Finland took 50% deposit on booking.com even with free cancellation. Now with the change of dates, will be doubtful at this stage for this game.. so cancelled the hotel, so hopefully they'll reimburse me in full.. I've spent the last few weeks chasing airlines and hotels for money.

Advice is not to book early folks until we (A) know confirmed dates of games (B) are fans allowed to travel.  Anyone like myself and a few others on here booked stuff well in advance, but now we have to rely on good faith.. not easy when you're dealing with airlines and hotels. Vouchers for flights at this stage if you had a previous booking as I can't get a refund from AL or Ryanair. 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Same boat and no paddle 

Hotel in  Finland took 50% deposit on booking.com even with free cancellation. Now with the change of dates, will be doubtful at this stage for this game.. so cancelled the hotel, so hopefully they'll reimburse me in full.. I've spent the last few weeks chasing airlines and hotels for money.

Advice is not to book early folks until we (A) know confirmed dates of games (B) are fans allowed to travel.  Anyone like myself and a few others on here booked stuff well in advance, but now we have to rely on good faith.. not easy when you're dealing with airlines and hotels. Vouchers for flights at this stage if you had a previous booking as I can't get a refund from AL or Ryanair. 

well said Frank, never underestimate YBIG for a panic booking LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:24am

Same boat and no paddle 

I would say you have more chance then i would as our flights have never been cancelled .
Just going to sit tight and wait and see what happens in the next few months as it's been hard trying to get money back from Hotels and Airlines these past few months .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You hoping for an England call up?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:45pm

Same boat and no paddle 

I would say you have more chance then i would as our flights have never been cancelled .
Just going to sit tight and wait and see what happens in the next few months as it's been hard trying to get money back from Hotels and Airlines these past few months .

ours haven't been cancelled Murph just hoping to swap for Lufthansa vouchers
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:47pm
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:51pm
Irish times reporting that the FAI hope to have 18500 fans attend if the 2 metre distance is moved to 1 metre.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
  Share Topic