You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League - EURO 2020 Playoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Poll Question: Both the Nations League & EURO 2020 Playoff....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [14.12%]
56 [65.88%]
17 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Slovakia - Ireland October 8th

Potential Final on November 12th 

October and November International breaks are triple headers
The Nations League games due to happen at the end of this year will have to be rejigged for a start.
If we beat Slovakia we're due to play the north/Bosnia on the 12th and Wales away on the 13th.

Dont know why they didn't just move the playoffs exactly a year forward like they did with the actual European Championship, it would have the exact same effect.

Also it would be in everyones interest to drop the nations league this time around and just dive straight into the World Cup 2022 qualifiers.

Would have made sense to just move the playoff. 

Am I right in saying if we reach the playoff final in November then we'll be looking at a change in fixtures for Nations league ??

Doubt we'll be at them anyway but hopefully that might change.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:25pm
Fans at games will be decided in consultation with governments of each country according to media.

Bulgaria could be a maybe then, don't know about the rest

Edited by wanderer - 17 Jun 2020 at 3:26pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

any word on whether supporters are allowed into stadiums? Presume its down to individual countries? 

Yeah, but 3 months is an age in the life of this pandemic. Anyone who claims to know where we'll be at is a spoofer.
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:27pm
Booked up Slovakia there for €78 return, had a few Ryanair vouchers to use anyway, Oxford confident they’ll have a vaccine ready for use in September/October. Plus Slovakia have almost eradicated the virus.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:02pm
Roll on September and then the big one on the 8th Oct (and hopefully final a few days later) 

Pubs should be in better shape by then 

Edited by Healy52003 - 17 Jun 2020 at 4:03pm
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Roll on September and then the big one on the 8th Oct (and hopefully final a few days later) 

Final is the following month... Wales game in Nations league is less than 48 hours later
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:11pm
Wales and Finland games will have to shift to sun and wed respectively which means I am fuked
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Final is the following month... Wales game in Nations league is less than 48 hours later

Ah hopefully we're in it regardless 

Anyone feel a bit better about not qualifying given the mess and the finals been sandwiched in the middle of 2021. I suppose having games in Dublin and us involved would be special

Edited by Healy52003 - 17 Jun 2020 at 4:18pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Wales and Finland games will have to shift to sun and wed respectively which means I am fuked

Yeah they're going to have to move. 

I'll book free cancellation on the off chance we're actually able to go but I doubt it 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:24pm
Will the October games definitely be moved? Any idea when UEFA will decide this? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:27pm
even if fans are allowed in do people think Away fans will be allowed in? Would make much more sense to have home fans only

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Will the October games definitely be moved? Any idea when UEFA will decide this? 

What games?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:40pm

Yeah, there's no way we'll play 2 games in 2 days 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

even if fans are allowed in do people think Away fans will be allowed in? Would make much more sense to have home fans only

Depends really, if travel restrictions are lifted in any of the countries then it just depends on what the guidelines are surrounding mass gatherings really.

Our own government don't sound too hopeful on anyone getting into the likes of the aviva this year.

Bulgaria seem to be allowing crowds to start again but it really is wait and see anything could happen 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Yeah they're going to have to move. 

I'll book free cancellation on the off chance we're actually able to go but I doubt it 

Be careful with the free cancellation. I had 2 hotels booked for this summer that both took the cash out my account the minute all this kicked off, and I have been fighting to get it back since.

Only message back off booking.com is that they have decided to close and to take it up with my bank. It is actually robbery.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 5:02pm
Should we reach the playoff final, Wales have a huge advantage over us in both our fixtures as we'll be playing playoff matches right before both games against them. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 5:21pm
revised dates for NL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020���21_UEFA_Nations_League_B

Edit: NI are scheduled to play twice on the 8th so these dates will need to be moved around for those in the playoffs.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 17 Jun 2020 at 5:30pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 5:44pm

Should we reach the playoff final, Wales have a huge advantage over us in both our fixtures as we'll be playing playoff matches right before both games against them. 
It's only the nations league while I appreciate it could effect our seeding for the World Cup Draw it's also an opportunity to tie down players like Smallbone, Luca Connell and Oxo Flex.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic