You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League - EURO 2020 Playoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Poll Question: Both the Nations League & EURO 2020 Playoff....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [14.12%]
56 [65.88%]
17 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Irish times reporting that the FAI hope to have 18500 fans attend if the 2 metre distance is moved to 1 metre.
According to Hoskins on here that 2 meter rule is getting scrapped so should be good to go
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:50pm
It could go the other way before then, id say we wont know for sure until a few weeks before.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:35pm
How many season ticket holders are there. Presume they will have first dibs if things go well 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Jun 2020 at 11:36pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

How many season ticket holders are there. Presume they will have first dibs if things go well 

Think it's in the region of 14k.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 2:18pm
Quite a few of the younger lads starting in the championship today the likes of Collins, Masterson, Molumby and Manning with O Shea and Knight on the bench. Also good to see O Dowda back starting as he hasn’t had the greatest spell this season. Hopefully they all take their chances today and could be included in our next squad.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 2:40pm

Irish times reporting that the FAI hope to have 18500 fans attend if the 2 metre distance is moved to 1 metre.
I'd have no interest in going to watch the game in a half empty stadium to be honest, the atmosphere would be pants, the experience completely diluted, I can see matches much better on TV. Would prefer to watch it at home or in the pub.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'd have no interest in going to watch the game in a half empty stadium to be honest, the atmosphere would be pants, the experience completely diluted, I can see matches much better on TV. Would prefer to watch it at home or in the pub.
Must be the only person not looking forward to being able to watch live football again. Have watched almost all the games on tv so far out of boredom and they have been absolutely crap. Not the same watching on the tv and even worse watching a game in the pub end up chatting and kissing half of it.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 4:29pm

Half our matches are like that anyway.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Must be the only person not looking forward to being able to watch live football again. Have watched almost all the games on tv so far out of boredom and they have been absolutely crap. Not the same watching on the tv and even worse watching a game in the pub end up chatting and kissing half of it.
Can't wait to see live football again under proper circumstances. No interest in doing it if people are spread out all over the stands.

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Half our matches are like that anyway.
Yeah, and the Bulgaria, New Zealand games etc are pants. Even in those games, youc an have pockets that are crowded so make it seem busy. Imagine having 2 out of every 3 seats from 114 empty, while people are assigned a seat in row TT in the upper tier.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 7:59am

Sounds like a friendly pub you frequent.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Sounds like everyone scores in that Pub LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Sounds like everyone scores in that Pub LOL
LOLLOL I didn’t even notice the typo but it’s not all wrongEmbarrassed
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 4:58pm
Amended fixture list confirmed.

September dates as is, Bulgaria away on Sept 3rd and Wales at home on Sept 6th. 

The Dublin game with Wales will now place a day later than scheduled on Sunday October 11.

The trip to Finland has also been adjusted by 24 hours with that game now on Wednesday October 14.

Ireland take on Slovakia in their Euro 2020 semi on Thursday October 8.

Win that and we travel to Bosnia/Northern Ireland on Thursday November 12.

Lose, we play a friendly on either Wednesday November 11 and November 12.

Ireland's 2020 schedule
Thurs Sep 3: Bulgaria (A) - UEFA Nations League
Sun Sep 6: Finland (H) - UEFA Nations League
Thursday Oct 8: Slovakia (A) - Euro 2020 Playoff Semi
Sun Oct 11: Wales (H) - UEFA Nations League
Wed Oct 14: Finland (A) - UEFA Nations League
Thurs Nov 12: Possible Euro 2020 final or friendly (Nov 11/12)
Sun Nov 15: Wales (A) - UEFA Nations League
Wed Nov 18: Bulgaria (H) - UEFA Nations League

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 4:59pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:01pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Revised NL fixtures:

Too slow, my friend. Wink
By 1 shagging minute! Cry

Ye jammy bollix! LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:39pm
No huge surprises on the dates.

I wonder would we know by the end of July if we're able to travel for the Bulgaria away match? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No huge surprises on the dates.

I wonder would we know by the end of July if we're able to travel for the Bulgaria away match? 

nope no surprises though wales away a bit easier as the all blacks will have left town at least accommodation wise
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic