You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you spending your lockdown time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Shoes are quality Flanno Cool

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

I'm in a similar situation, trying to work 40 hours a week and the wife too while doing school work with a 6 year old and keeping a 1 year old entertained. Usually log on around 7am and do three hours then the wife does 10am to 2pm, I do 2pm to 4pm, she does 4pm to 7pm and I try catch up on a Saturday and Sunday. Her job is safe at the council but 20% of the accounts I manage are going to the wall. It's massive pressure. I have no spare time but I like to bring the 1 year old for a long walk around 11am while I leave the 6 year in front of the tv. 

Tough, tough going. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 1:02am
Primary School teacher so off at the moment. Have prepared online work for the kids but as they know they won't see me again as they are heading into Secondary school the uptake on it has been poor enough! 
Got a dartboard at xmas so playing it a lot more. Still rubbish but improving slowly. Still flatout on CM 01/02. Won the Premier last year with Harps and I have Bristol Rovers near the top of the Premier!
Zoom sessions at the weekend have been good. Usually a quiz with the lads I go to Ireland games with on the Fri and a few Sats we've done one with my Donegal friends. They have turned into mad enough sessions!
Have been doing zoom sessions with my soccer team 2/3 times a week which has been good as it's tough to motivate yourself. Been out doing a sprints a couple of times per week up till 2 weeks ago. My partner asked me to sign up to the race she was doing. All on an app where you're running against a car that sets off 30 minutes after you and slowly picks up speed and you try go as far as you can. before that week the longest I had run was 8km but ended up doing a half marathon, nearly 22km. Would have been happy with 15/16km. One of the bucket list unintendedly!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:08am
Working from home normal office hours & the missus is the same in another room. Only calls she gets are internal work calls so I'm away from the kids as getting customers calls through. Hardest part of it all is trying to get the kids school work done with them. 8 year old is fine but the junior infants lad's attention span isn't great! After that's done they're grand, play around outside together and only hear from them when they're hungry

Been in the house here about 10 years and the outside looks like we moved in last year so have been spending my evenings the last few weeks out in the garden trying to make it a bit more respectable. Getting there bit by bit and its keeping me busy so enjoying seeing the improvements. Other than that it's been walks with the kids or a bit of tv

Works busy so the days are flying by. Never worked from home up until now, in no rush to go back into the office at all
Some people just deserve a slap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:45am
I'm flat out Monday-Friday with work. Call/meeting volume higher than ever.
Then evenings are split between kids homework and cooking. If work hasn't been too bad on a particular day I might have enough time for a walk with family and an hour or two of tv/playstation.
Was doing a bit of drinking in the beginning during week but got pulled up on it eventually. 

On weekends, normally just chill in sun in back garden if nice, go for walks, get the weekly shop in or watch TV and bit of playstation if weather is crap. At night, nearly every weekend there is at least 1 or maybe 2 zoom nights which take up the night. 

Hardly any real exercise being done. 

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Then evenings are split between kids homework and cooking. If work hasn't been too bad on a particular day I might have enough time for a walk with family and an hour or two of tv/playstation.
Was doing a bit of drinking in the beginning during week but got pulled up on it eventually. 

On weekends, normally just chill in sun in back garoden if nice, go for walks, get the weekly shop in or watch TV and bit of playstation if weather is crap. At night, nearly every weekend there is at least 1 or maybe 2 zoom nights which take up the night. 

Sounds like you need a holiday. 
Work have started getting us to take some of ours so I've started taking them on the days my Mrs is working at the hospital so I can look after my son without worrying about work. Still feels like a little break though. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

My partner asked me to sign up to the race she was doing. All on an app where you're running against a car that sets off 30 minutes after you and slowly picks up speed and you try go as far as you can. before that week the longest I had run was 8km but ended up doing a half marathon, nearly 22km. Would have been happy with 15/16km. One of the bucket list unintendedly!

This one sounds like it might work to motivate me to run more as I find it boring enough. Can you share the name of it? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:50pm
bluewaffle.com
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

On weekends, normally just chill in sun in back garden if nice, go for walks, get the weekly shop in or watch TV and bit of playstation if weather is crap. At night, nearly every weekend there is at least 1 or maybe 2 zoom nights which take up the night. 

Any late night cream pies whilst sipping down on some light ales?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:36pm
Personally really enjoying the lockdown outside of all the sadness relating to deaths. Life has slowed down and ive definitely had a chance to relax a bit. 

Working from home 2 days a week and 3 at the office (albeit short days). I leave the house much later than normal, no traffic, grab a coffee and dress down friday every day now.

The garden was landscaped last year and the winter took it's toll but have it back to where it was now. Have decluttered the gaff, barbequeing, enjoying the fine weather (poor this week), boozing, netflix. Almost feels like a throwback to when i was in college and then free for the summer but working part time. 

Miss the pub and the proper nights out and all the gigs that were due this summer.

Saving f**k all money mind LOLOuch

Edited by McG - 12 May 2020 at 2:37pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Personally really enjoying the lockdown outside of all the sadness relating to deaths. Life has slowed down and ive definitely had a chance to relax a bit. 

Working from home 2 days a week and 3 at the office (albeit short days). I leave the house much later than normal, no traffic, grab a coffee and dress down friday every day now.

The garden was landscaped last year and the winter took it's toll but have it back to where it was now. Have decluttered the gaff, barbequeing, enjoying the fine weather (poor this week), boozing, netflix. Almost feels like a throwback to when i was in college and then free for the summer but working part time. 

Miss the pub and the proper nights out and all the gigs that were due this summer.

I'm back in the office full time for the last month but this is the biggest thing for me. It's not just for those lovely pints but the interactions. Houseparty/Zoom calls are fun and I'm drinking an awful lot on them but you miss having a laugh with a couple of mates which doesn't happen when it's once person at a time on these calls.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I normally spend about £200 a month on petrol with my commute and driving to labs for work but I have been putting that away and we can't go out for dinner so we've saved a few quid. No nursery fees either.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:04pm
I miss the social aspect far more than the pints and I do enjoy a pint. 
Get through a serious heap of cans on zoom/Houseparty chats. 

Enjoying not gambling too, hope to carry it on when it’s back to semi normality 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I miss the social aspect far more than the pints and I do enjoy a pint. 
Get through a serious heap of cans on zoom/Houseparty chats. 

Enjoying not gambling too, hope to carry it on when it’s back to semi normality 

I'll bet you a tenner that you do gamble again?
El Puto Amo
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 4:23pm
Starting learning to play the Bodhrán, had one that was never used that I found when moving house a couple of weeks ago. 

Apart from that been kept busy with gardening and getting the new house sorted, had very little furniture until last week when furniture shops started delivering again.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 7:26pm
Lockdown hasn't effected me as much. I still have to go to work but cause we're limiting the numbers of staff on the shop floor, we now work as late as 2am. I haven't seen my girlfriend in nearly 7 weeks which is tough, and all I miss really is live music, football and our 7 aside games on a Tuesday night. I missed the trip to the pub at the start but thats faded, mainly thanks to zoom quizzes etc. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:22pm
First few weeks was very busy working from home. The work has dried up since then but still haven't been furloughed, just keeping an eye on emails and doing an hour or so a day on my laptop.
In the last few weeks have started another job helping a friend's business 4 days a week, good opportunity for a bit of extra cash 
Other than that have been doing a good bit of running, watching lots of box sets and old football matches, looking after a baby and attempting to do some DIY and jobs round the house I've been meaning to do for ages.

Actually will be a bit of a culture shock when I've to go back to the office

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 May 2020 at 8:23pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:52pm
Working from home but I have to say the zoom sh*te doesn't appeal to me at all. One of the lads suggested a Zoom Quiz night and it just feels like it's more effort than it's worth tbh. 

I'd rather spend my lockdown time getting locked, listening to music, playing the PS4, watching films and various comedy series that I like over and over again.

No football trips to plan or look forward to this year so just want it to fly by as soon as possible. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:00pm
I struggle with quizzes anyway, and Zoom ones are even tougher! I probably took them too seriously when I was younger, so when I do them now, rarely, I just want them to end so I can enjoy myself! I have tried a couple of Zoom ones, but it's just an excuse to get battered in your sitting room and pretending to be social.
I think moving to London and working in pubs put me off quizzes! Be off on a Monday and walk into a pub for a gallon of ale and suddenly you have to shut up as some **** is asking how many kids, to the nearest whole number, does Boris Johnson have. 
I think it's an example of finding a way to be social that isn't really social. f**k the quiz, get the beers out and have a laugh.
Rant over.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic