You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you spending your lockdown time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so well used to being home. We are now being paid to stay at home 1/2 shifts per block also. Got my hands on so e pallets and knocked together a little bar and seating for the garden I’ll sand and paint them when I next get the enthusiasm to do something. Started back doing a bit of running/walking last week too. Seriously missing the 5aside. Doing fairly well at avoiding the booze. Had a couple of drink filled online parties, but overall, I reckon im drinking a lot less that I would in normal times.

Throw up a pic of the bar Sham?

Was thinking of doing something similar myself although we were looking at a pre-fabbed one, just screw it together type thing.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

On to 6th season with 1860 Munich in FM

Just finished 6th and won the dFB Pokal in season 5 so looking forward to European Football, just gave up the Swedish National job after reaching semi-final of the Euros in 2024 to take up the Belgium job.

Waiting for the Ireland job to hopefully come up Mick McCarthy still going strong.

FM20? I got the mobile version but it is not the same. used to spend some amount of time on the it every year. Got Ireland to WC semis one time think it was FM14 (WC2018), got destroyed by Messi 4-0, best I ever did with Ireland, got Cameroon to the semis and qualified with Algeria also but have never won the WC I think. 
IG @flanno_7hi
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:28pm
Shoes are excellent Flanno Clap
Think this is week 7 with no work, and won’t be back for at least another 3. Have an 8month old young lad, really enjoying the time with him but Monday to Friday I try keep busy painting or in the garden usually with the weather being so good. Flowers and plants are the latest thing to keep me occupied, learning as I go. 

Beer wise I drink Friday, Saturday & Sunday. 
Got a dart board, skipping rope and other fitness stuff from Decathlon so work our every second day on the patio.
Generally keeping busy. 

Around week 2/3 I struggled a bit, anxiety and stuff, I’ve never really had it before, I assume it was the massive shake up to life/routine but grand now, fully adjusted to unemployment LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

On to 6th season with 1860 Munich in FM

Just finished 6th and won the dFB Pokal in season 5 so looking forward to European Football, just gave up the Swedish National job after reaching semi-final of the Euros in 2024 to take up the Belgium job.

Waiting for the Ireland job to hopefully come up Mick McCarthy still going strong.

FM20? I got the mobile version but it is not the same. used to spend some amount of time on the it every year. Got Ireland to WC semis one time think it was FM14 (WC2018), got destroyed by Messi 4-0, best I ever did with Ireland, got Cameroon to the semis and qualified with Algeria also but have never won the WC I think. 

Aye Fm20, yeah I had the mobile version of  16 , not on the same level.

My most cherished memory of FM is winning World Cup and  European Championship with Ireland in 2018 and 2020 in FM15. Team containing Jack Grealish, Nathan Redmond, Harry Kane and Patrick Bamford to mention but a few, Alex McCarthy of Southampton was also my goalkeeper so really exploited the Granny Rule.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Shoes are quality Flanno Cool

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

Thanks lads.

Congrats on the new arrival. We've started talking about a second one. Can't imagine it at the moment.

I was drinking a couple of beers every night there for a few weeks so we decided to hit it on the head for a while.

I have some stout brewing at the moment so I am gonna stay off the drink until that is ready, 3 weeks left. Hopefully it doesn't turn out sh*te after all the wait.

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:33pm
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:36pm

I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so well used to being home. We are now being paid to stay at home 1/2 shifts per block also. Got my hands on so e pallets and knocked together a little bar and seating for the garden I’ll sand and paint them when I next get the enthusiasm to do something. Started back doing a bit of running/walking last week too. Seriously missing the 5aside. Doing fairly well at avoiding the booze. Had a couple of drink filled online parties, but overall, I reckon im drinking a lot less that I would in normal times.

Throw up a pic of the bar Sham?

Was thinking of doing something similar myself although we were looking at a pre-fabbed one, just screw it together type thing.

sent you pics on whats app
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:50pm
I'm glad you decoded my subtle message haha

looks in good shape Sham. you gonna varnish it to make it look classy or go mad colours?
IG @flanno_7hi
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:31pm
Those shoes are class.

Paint arrived today to do a job on the back yard. To be honest between working 6/7 hours a day then swapping with the wife and minding the kids while she works 6/7 hours a day, that's pretty much 7am to 8pm taken up. Just about enough time for a jog or a bit of TV at the end of the day. 

I thought I'd have a lot more time to kill to be honest. If they opened the creches and my work routine stayed as is, I'd be in a much different setup
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:34pm
great looking job on the shoes, have done a few jobs on my kids runners for the craic. 
Besides making the garden and house look ready for a presidential visit I have built a bug hotel for the kids, 2 bird of houses currently under construction a d possibly build the ungrateful little sh*ts a treehouse
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That wasn't what I was expecting! Fair play. Do you just buy them plain?

Same here - I thought you were painting shoes and putting them up on display.

They look good - you could set up a little business there selling YBIG shoes. Just don’t tell the mods as they will want their usual 50% cut. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That wasn't what I was expecting! Fair play. Do you just buy them plain?

Same here - I thought you were painting shoes and putting them up on display.

They look good - you could set up a little business there selling YBIG shoes. Just don’t tell the mods as they will want their usual 50% cut. 
Fact! I would definitely be interested in a pair of the above.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 6:58pm
thanks lads if you send the shoes any pay the postage both directions id do them for ya free, I don't think I'm good enough to charge. 

Find it very relaxing. Probably only viable for PM though distance wise. 
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:17pm
I might get back to you about that alright.Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:25pm
Could I get a pair with a Rangers crest on the side?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Not for free
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You got Tonyjaa’s address?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:12pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Shoes are quality Flanno Cool

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

Thanks lads.

Congrats on the new arrival. We've started talking about a second one. Can't imagine it at the moment.

I was drinking a couple of beers every night there for a few weeks so we decided to hit it on the head for a while.

I have some stout brewing at the moment so I am gonna stay off the drink until that is ready, 3 weeks left. Hopefully it doesn't turn out sh*te after all the wait.

LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic