You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you spending your lockdown time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are you spending your lockdown time
    Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:15pm
How are you lads staying sane? I've got a young fella under 2 so he takes up most of the day but I've been doing stuff in the garden, started my own homebrew and have been painting some shoes in the evenings.
Anyone take up any new hobbies?
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:17pm
I don't just paint shoes, I paint socks as well.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's a good idea, cheaper medium LOL I might give it a try although not sure how it will hold up in the washing machine?

How you keeping? ready for the start of herd culling?
IG @flanno_7hi
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:21pm
I’ve reached level 8 in boredom - washing the outdoor windows, even cleaning the outdoor steps etc

But painting your shoes,,,,, that’s a new level. Must be a 9.

Can anybody trump that?

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:23pm
I've been doing it for years, just have more free time in the evenings now. Well when the Mrs is working nights and the lad is asleep (sometimes).
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

That's a good idea, cheaper medium LOL I might give it a try although not sure how it will hold up in the washing machine?

By painting shoes, do you mean paintings of shoes or painting the shoes themselves?

I'm grand, still have no idea whether I am supposed to be currently in work or getting paid for sitting at home.LOL
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:27pm

By painting shoes, do you mean paintings of shoes or painting the shoes themselves?

I'm grand, still have no idea whether I am supposed to be currently in work or getting paid for sitting at home.LOL
Painting/customising runners. I'm wfh, although I have to drive to clients to witness sample manufacture every so often and after yesterday I'm not sure if I can drive to Newcastle or not.

These are my latest, work in progress. Takes a bit of time and I've to straighten out the lines still and then put a finisher on to seal it. 

Edited by Flanno7hi - 11 May 2020 at 2:28pm
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:32pm
That wasn't what I was expecting! Fair play. Do you just buy them plain?

Yeah, the levels of confusion are astounding. No f**ker knows what they are doing at all.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:32pm
I'm loving it - working from home. No 3-4 commute or pleasantries with some of the people i'm obliged to work with. The weather is good, food and beer in the fridge. Getting time with my kids, catch up on TV programmes and extra sleep. Next step is to reintroduce exercise into the mix. Might be drinking a bit more than i normally would - up maybe 10-15 units per week. All in all, i'm enjoying the dockdown.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:37pm

That wasn't what I was expecting! Fair play. Do you just buy them plain?

Yeah, the levels of confusion are astounding. No f**ker knows what they are doing at all.

These were just plain white adidas superstars. I used to just wear my runners until they were wrecked and then try to fix them up a bit. Did these as a fresh pair.

It's so confusing at the minute, I've been trying not to worry about it too much but with the wife working in the hospital it is a bit of a worry.

Did these Ian Brown ones a few years ago.
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I'm loving it - working from home. No 3-4 commute or pleasantries with some of the people i'm obliged to work with. The weather is good, food and beer in the fridge. Getting time with my kids, catch up on TV programmes and extra sleep. Next step is to reintroduce exercise into the mix. Might be drinking a bit more than i normally would - up maybe 10-15 units per week. All in all, i'm enjoying the dockdown.

Sounds great, I'm enjoying seeing my son a lot more, worried how he will be when I go back to work in the office though.

I've started doing couch to 5k with the mrs, I've not done sport in years besides 5 a side and was never a runner (used to be a 20st prop forward) I'm enjoying it at the moment.
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

even cleaning the outdoor steps

That has to be the winner in the boredom stakes?

IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:20pm
I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so well used to being home. We are now being paid to stay at home 1/2 shifts per block also. Got my hands on so e pallets and knocked together a little bar and seating for the garden I’ll sand and paint them when I next get the enthusiasm to do something. Started back doing a bit of running/walking last week too. Seriously missing the 5aside. Doing fairly well at avoiding the booze. Had a couple of drink filled online parties, but overall, I reckon im drinking a lot less that I would in normal times.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:31pm
Been playing a lot of Super Nintendo with the extra time off, so far have cleared Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. 
Been reading and exercising a bit more too. Missing playing junior hurling big time
Had been availing of free Irish classes in the college too, so I've continued doing that online as well, although its been knocked on the head the last week with online exams this week.
I was in work all day and in college 3 evenings so its great having the extra time around. 
Its going to be weird going back to working and college all week, from Monday to Thursday I'm out 7 - 9.30ish
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:44pm

Painting/customising runners. I'm wfh, although I have to drive to clients to witness sample manufacture every so often and after yesterday I'm not sure if I can drive to Newcastle or not.

These are my latest, work in progress. Takes a bit of time and I've to straighten out the lines still and then put a finisher on to seal it. 

They look class, mate. Kudos to you. Clap
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:54pm
Shoes are quality Flanno Cool

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:02pm
On to 6th season with 1860 Munich in FM

Just finished 6th and won the dFB Pokal in season 5 so looking forward to European Football, just gave up the Swedish National job after reaching semi-final of the Euros in 2024 to take up the Belgium job.

Waiting for the Ireland job to hopefully come up Mick McCarthy still going strong.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Shoes are quality Flanno Cool

Have a 2 year old and 8 week old so I'm just flat out with them and also working from home Mon-Fri so no time for any home projects or anything. Busiest 8 weeks of my life.

Exercise wise I have a little home gym set up so using that maybe 2-3 days a week and following a 10km training plan as my running went to sh*te over the past couple of years, so doing maybe 4-5 runs a week too

Defo drinking more than I would normally. Most weeks I'd have a few beers on 3-4 nights. Trying to knock that on the head now though to even once a week

Thanks lads.

Congrats on the new arrival. We've started talking about a second one. Can't imagine it at the moment.

I was drinking a couple of beers every night there for a few weeks so we decided to hit it on the head for a while.

I have some stout brewing at the moment so I am gonna stay off the drink until that is ready, 3 weeks left. Hopefully it doesn't turn out sh*te after all the wait.

IG @flanno_7hi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic