Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk Chairman Attacks FAI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 6:20pm
Yes indeed Davey Kehoe.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yes indeed Davey Kehoe.
He says Helloe
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 7:18pm
Sounds like Peak 6 are looking for a way out 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 9:28pm

Yes indeed Davey Kehoe.

What did he do to make himself a dickhead ?Dead
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Yes indeed Davey Kehoe.

Licking up delaneys hole-  basically saying that he thought that the media were a disgrace having a go at him.

Some very decent articles on Delaney by Daniel McDonnell around that time too. If only more listened, the plug may have been pulled earlier. 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 9:31am
These lads were used and abused by Delaney, Delaney had them in his pocket and exploited them, I'd say they might still try and defend him to try and save face.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 9:38am
Davey was part of the business that was Ballybrack S.C..
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 10:55am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Davey was part of the business that was Ballybrack S.C..

was?? still is! 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

The ole ole brigade let us down - a number of ybig too - have kept my eye on ybig since first fanzine too when I emailed them to complain about having ads in it 😂- will never forget the fans praising Delaney at the cringefest in the rugby bar beside lansdowne before one of the matches (v Russia??). Davey Kehoe made an absolute dickhead of himself.

Should be water under the bridge now I know, but still grinds with me a bit that so many were taken in

Yep it was the Russia match. Enjoyable free bar at it though!! It was needed to avoid taking in any of the first half which saw go in 3 down.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

The "New" FAI have a new CEO lined up for a position they are planning to advertise

That should be a major warning to everybody. 

The fact The Sun are the only outlet running with it needs to be considered. 

Niall O'Riordan is one of the top Irish soccer writers. The above has been around Dundalk since Thursdays meeting between clubs and FAI. Its something all the clubs know about.

Questions are needed answering, and judging by Thursday meeting its the same old same old. Niall Quinn coming out saying it was a good meeting etc when the clubs left bemused at what took place.

Change in the FAI and change in the LOI are 2 very different things...one is about tickets and piss ups away with the lads around Europe and the other is to ensure the local club gets funding for their ground to be built or youth systems to be pushed

I know he is. There's also plenty of other top journos out there who aren't touching that story about the CEO job though. Why is it only in The Sun? I know plenty involved in LOI clubs who aren't aware of it and would be aware what was discussed last Thursday.

how views change eh? on the FAI payroll these days? expenses? 
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Sounds like Peak 6 are looking for a way out 

The only club in LOI that players never had to take any kind of pay cut, no non playing staff member laid off all on full pay.

If they wanted a way out, they would be gone by now.

The FAI will be hoping they are gonna go soon, because they are only club owners who have money to take them to the cleaners through courts
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 1:03pm
It would seem Dundalk are the only club up in arms atm, strange that, is it just a matter of the wooden plank shaking his ice hockey stick vigorously and throwing his hockey puck out of the pram as a smoke screen for something else 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

It would seem Dundalk are the only club up in arms atm, strange that, is it just a matter of the wooden plank shaking his ice hockey stick vigorously and throwing his hockey puck out of the pram as a smoke screen for something else 

The FAI have kept money from Dundalk (and other clubs) Dundalk are demanding answers not the FAIs response lets forget it, that was the old FAI, this is the new FAI.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Yes indeed Davey Kehoe.

Licking up delaneys hole-  basically saying that he thought that the media were a disgrace having a go at him.
Sits up the front at LSL monthly meetings licking the committees holes too.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 1:56pm

That says more about the other clubs than Dundalk though Daithi. I really cant see your issue here if you’ve any sort of interest in the LOI other than some sort of petty point scoring exercise. Long overdue and more power to Dundalk (kills me to type that btw) in this. Theres a chance here to really achieve something if clubs act as one off the pitch v the FAI.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That says more about the other clubs than Dundalk though Daithi. I really cant see your issue here if you’ve any sort of interest in the LOI other than some sort of petty point scoring exercise. Long overdue and more power to Dundalk (kills me to type that btw) in this. Theres a chance here to really achieve something if clubs act as one off the pitch v the FAI.
Firstly I was going to LOI matches long before internationals and only recently got back to that, absolutely no issue whatsoever,  I would love to see the league carry on the way it has been going numbers wise and with better investment (and Maybe independently if doable), not trying to point score either,  although I did dangle a bit of bait my bad , I am merely pointing out that Dundalk are at this point in time the only club making waves and the yank would have been better advised waiting on all other clubs to back him before going on a solo rant 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 3:21pm

Firstly I was going to LOI matches long before internationals and only recently got back to that, absolutely no issue whatsoever,  I would love to see the league carry on the way it has been going numbers wise and with better investment (and Maybe independently if doable), not trying to point score either,  although I did dangle a bit of bait my bad , I am merely pointing out that Dundalk are at this point in time the only club making waves and the yank would have been better advised waiting on all other clubs to back him before going on a solo rant 

Peak 6 have been vocal in their views of the FAI from minute they joined Dundalk. They have brought it up on numerous occasions when dealing with the press, releasing statements etc...

Its not like this is out of the blue

Edited by Twoinarow - 07 May 2020 at 3:21pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 4:12pm

Certainly your bait dangling influenced my reply. In short, LOI clubs don’t have a glorious past in speaking as one, quite the opposite. Just think back to the 5k marketing money a few seasons ago, an absolutely disgusting, less than the leftover crumbs gesture from the FAI/JD. Only Derry and Pats made a stand iirc whilst the rest lapped it up. Is it not the case that all clubs are in receipt of the letter? They will either come out in support or opposition to its contents, or unsurprisingly, many will likely say nothing and the status quo of breadcrumbs continue with the same f**knut as usual in the FAI pulling the strings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic