You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Tighe book - Champagne Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Though as Mark Tighe said as part of his tweet about it, subject to a probable  incoming injunction

Has he ever used his own money to seek an injunction? No.

I’m sure there are a couple of existing long term staff in the FAI a bit uneasy as to what could come out. He didn’t do it all on his own..
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Though as Mark Tighe said as part of his tweet about it, subject to a probable  incoming injunction

I read that as being tongue in cheek?

I'd say it was of course but you never know with JD.

But as pipkin says he wasn't signing those legal cheques himself..... Actually he probably was hence the mess

Edited by lassassinblanc - 01 May 2020 at 11:37pm
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I’m sure there are a couple of existing long term staff in the FAI a bit uneasy as to what could come out. He didn’t do it all on his own..

I wonder if his bestest friend Denis would pay for the legal proceedings, he seems to like loosing money in court. 
Let Christy Take It.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

I wonder if his bestest friend Denis would pay for the legal proceedings, he seems to like loosing money in court. 

Denis ran fair quick when Delaney offered O Neill, who had just flirted with taking a job with Everton and Stoke, a €2m salary.

I’d say he even learned he was throwing good money after bad with Delaney at the wheel.

That being said, I heard a friend in need was a friend indeed for a few months last year while the spotlight was on him. Don’t think his current job is DOB related though
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:13am

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Denis ran fair quick when Delaney offered O Neill, who had just flirted with taking a job with Everton and Stoke, a €2m salary.

I’d say he even learned he was throwing good money after bad with Delaney at the wheel.

That being said, I heard a friend in need was a friend indeed for a few months last year while the spotlight was on him. Don’t think his current job is DOB related though

This is his best way out of it, surely he has enough friends to give him a dig out like Bertie used to have. 

Let Christy Take It.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 3:34pm
Had a good chat with Mark over the phone a few weeks back.. He’s unearthed some gems and this will be an excellent read I’m sure. Anyone who has any sort of interest in Irish football should buy this as a thank you to the work he has done the last couple of years and beyond. A man of true integrity, good man Mark 👏🏼
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 4:16pm
As did I, BB. Should be some good ones in there Wink

Big smile

Edited by heighway2heaven - 02 May 2020 at 4:16pm
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 4:51pm
Pre-orderd a copy today. Looling forward to reading it.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 8:34pm
I wonder will the mole in the FAI ever be revealed. I presume it was some disgruntled employee that spoke up against Delaney and then got the bullet, but before they walked out of Abbotstown front door they did a bit of photocopying.
Whoever it was, WELL DONE and THANKS

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 02 May 2020 at 8:35pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I wonder will the mole in the FAI ever be revealed. I presume it was some disgruntled employee that spoke up against Delaney and then got the bullet, but before they walked out of Abbotstown front door they did a bit of photocopying.
Whoever it was, WELL DONE and THANKS
A BIT of photocopying? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Endac View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 11:30pm
HI,
Putting my cards on the table - I have launched a website to take orders for champagne football, site is  www.—————-.—-     The book is €14.99 which will include P&P . Thanks for your support.

Mod edit: website name removed for now. @endac, email contact@ybig.ie please re validity/authenticity of your site and authorisation to sell the book. Thanks.

Edited by Sham157 - 10 May 2020 at 1:07pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 4:55pm
Decided to revisit this and listened to it on audible over the last couple of weeks in the car. Unbelievable. Wonder is there a sequel on the horizon? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 4:59pm
JD - Bourbon Football 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 8:06pm
JD - Dutch Gold Football
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 6:47am
Champagne Football 2 - The Hangover
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic