Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Classic Rep Of Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Does anyone have the full Egypt v EIRE match on VHS?   I lent mine to La Masia and they never gave it back.

LOL
Sponsored Links

depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:18am

Does anyone have the full Egypt v EIRE match on VHS?   I lent mine to La Masia and they never gave it back.

I have 2 options Betamax , or me da filmed it with a camcorder on vhs c ..
He sold the tape onto Ma grumpy who owned the video library on the Walkinstown roundabout . Initially it was a living room with the grandpa in his arm chair as you chose the videos . She upgraded it to a standalone video library with a nice carpet . Ironically used to f and blind the people who stubbed their cigarettes on the  floor .
Let me know if you need any more info  
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:24am
I wonder what Roy Keane would have made of Packie Bonner attempt from Donadoni seeing as he wants to knock out De Gea for his mistake last night
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:33am
'Ireland YOUR magic' banner Ermm

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:36pm

'Ireland YOUR magic' banner Ermm

I’ve seen the clip of that banner about 300 times over the years and it still makes me laugh.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 11:34pm
Watching the Ireland v Spain game from 2002 wc, seriously Duff was a fantastic player back then

Terrified the life out of the Spanish defence all night
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 12:03am
sh*te only just switched it on in time for the shootout.  Was in a niteclub the night before this game (important).   3 of the worst penalties you will see by Kilbane, Connolly and Holland.

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:46pm
Kilbane’s “effort” from the Cassilas’ save from Harte in normal time was nothing short of pathetic. An open goal, 12 yards out & he hit the corner flag. 

The less said about he and Connolly’s penalties the better. How Connolly saw game time that night I’ll never know. An absolutely awful player. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Kilbane’s “effort” from the Cassilas’ save from Harte in normal time was nothing short of pathetic. An open goal, 12 yards out & he hit the corner flag. 

The less said about he and Connolly’s penalties the better. How Connolly saw game time that night I’ll never know. An absolutely awful player. 

Embarrassing efforts from Kilbane with the rebound and the penalty itself.  Connolly may as well have just handed the ball to the goakeeper during the shootout.

turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 9:59pm
how good or bad do people rate packie as a keeper throughout his career? I was only a kid back in 88,90,94, so I'm limited to a couple of good memories (Romania penalty, performance v england in 88) and a couple of bad (Dutch game in 94, his part in the Italian goal in 1990). 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

how good or bad do people rate packie as a keeper throughout his career? I was only a kid back in 88,90,94, so I'm limited to a couple of good memories (Romania penalty, performance v england in 88) and a couple of bad (Dutch game in 94, his part in the Italian goal in 1990). 

Slightly above average but not much.  Always be a hero for England 88 and Romania but those mistakes against Italy and Holland were abysmal.

I didn't hear anything about Roy Keane throwing punches at Packie for the Orlando mistake

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:05pm

Slightly above average but not much.  Always be a hero for England 88 and Romania but those mistakes against Italy and Holland were abysmal.

I didn't hear anything about Roy Keane throwing punches at Packie for the Orlando mistake

LOL
Keane did try to talk Jack into making Packie get a taxi home though 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 11:08am

Italy 1990 was  a mistake but generally a very good keeper for us at the time.  The backpass was abolished circa 1992 and it seemed to impact him greatly.  Packie was never that comfortable with the ball at his feet.  

He is the argument for our greatest of all time still.  
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 12:27am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Italy 1990 was  a mistake but generally a very good keeper for us at the time.  The backpass was abolished circa 1992 and it seemed to impact him greatly.  Packie was never that comfortable with the ball at his feet.  

He is the argument for our greatest of all time still.  

Considering he’s one of two up for it doesn’t say much,plus the gap between him and given is massive in terms of ability.bonner was slightly above average and never really let us down...like most Irish international’s he outstayed his welcome by a few years which robbed us of a better keeper (Kelly)getting a run in the side.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:38pm
Aldo taking on the FIFA blazer LOLClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:46pm
Missed the start of this thinking it was on at 9.30pm not 9.10.  Typical TJ mistake.Thumbs Down

Where would you rate George Hamilton as a commentator?  I would actually rank him up there with the very best.  Magee was pony though.  Best commentator ever (in English speaking countries obviously) was Brian Moore.  Motson very overrated imo.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:53pm
Loved USA 94.   The novelty of football in America and seeing all these class stadiums in ridiculously good weather.  Great jerseys and some class goals.  Another great thing was that everyone in EIRE saw Houghton's goal go in at the same time.  None of this one telly being quicker than the other nonsense that existed by 2002 WC.   I just remember the whole street running out of their houses when that ball hit the net in New Jersey.

And above all the quality goal nets and stanchions.  Unique to USA 94 but secretly imported from South America

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:54pm

Missed the start of this thinking it was on at 9.30pm not 9.10.  Typical TJ mistake.Thumbs Down

Where would you rate George Hamilton as a commentator?  I would actually rank him up there with the very best.  Magee was pony though.  Best commentator ever (in English speaking countries obviously) was Brian Moore.  Motson very overrated imo.

Moore No.1 followed by Barry Davies. Under used by the BBC 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic