You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many away games have you been to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm
14 in total if excluding the Euros in 2016 - England 2013 , Scotland 2014 , Gibraltar 2015 , Georgia 2017 , Wales 2017 , France 2018 , Wales 2018 , Poland 2018 , Denmark 2018 , Gibraltar 2019 , Denmark 2019 , Georgia 2019 , Switzerland 2019 , Luxembourg 2021.

just hit the fecking thing
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:11pm
24....First was Macedonia away 2011. Luxembourg really brought home how much I missed them!
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:47pm
26.First vs Estonia in 2011. Wasn't at any this year, looking forward to going back on them. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:24pm
33. Amsterdam 2001 the first 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

33. Amsterdam 2001 the first 
Sept 2000
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
Slovakia last year was supposed to be my 30th, thankfully I finally got it with Luxembourg. 
The dark side.. And the light
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 8:07am
57 Plus the following Tournaments:
USA94
Japan 02
Poland 12
France 16
Missed Faroe Islands in June 05 - Diverted to Norway due to Fog.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:04am
Think it's 47 including tournaments, first was Italy in Giants Stadium back in 94.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Garethr95 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garethr95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:19pm
Haven’t been to an away game yet but would love to go. Have tried to access the portal but never seems to work for me regarding registering lol 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 2:01pm
Only 2 myself: Sweden 2013 & Denmark 2018 (excluding 2 games at Euro 2016).

My mate Ger who I'm on the season ticket with was at the Georgia, Luxembourg & Ukraine games and travels solo and always has the best time. Would love a November friendly 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 2:55pm
4. Serbia, Moldova, Austria, Denmark (WC playoff), all in 2016/17. Well I didn’t actually go to Austria as I got sick last minute but I paid for flights, accom and tickets so I’m still counting it LOL

Edited by SeaSharp - 25 Aug 2022 at 2:57pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 3:27pm
Wonder how things have changed since your first and last away game ? Over the years the social/tourist aspect of the trip seems almost as important as the football itself. In my early trips away (mid to late 80s), the football seemed totally central to everything. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Wonder how things have changed since your first and last away game ? Over the years the social/tourist aspect of the trip seems almost as important as the football itself. In my early trips away (mid to late 80s), the football seemed totally central to everything. 

My trips now are the same as they were when I started going in 1994. Day 1: Go to pub. Day 3: Leave pub to go to match. The end
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 3:46pm

Hardly surprising considering how awful the football has been most of the time. Dead

Thankfully that's improving under SK. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Hardly surprising considering how awful the football has been most of the time. Dead

Insert fishing rod emoji here for the 'Kenny Out Brigade' 
We're on the one road!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Insert fishing rod emoji here for the 'Kenny Out Brigade' 
Big smileLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 4:03pm
My most active period in traveling to away games coincided with Trapps best years, 08-12 the feeling heading away that we could beat anyone was great, Italy in Bari being probably the best example. 
Some great trips too in that time 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 5:17pm
Nothing wrong with combining a holiday with a game - woukd always try a get there a day or early ti see a bit of the town and you can’t beat an old walking tour as long as it’s at a decent time and not too long 

A good result makes all the difference though 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic