You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many away games have you been to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many away games have you been to?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 4:20pm
Just curious as to how many people have done over how many years? My first was Poland 2015. Think I’ve did 12 altogether, been away for a year and a half now so missed a few. Miss the craic and the mates I’ve made through them, looking forward to my next one whenever that is! 

If there’s already a similar thread feel free to lock and point me in the direction of it Smile
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 4:55pm
Probably 10 or so since the last time this was discussedThumbs Up
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 5:05pm
35. Could be a while before we get to add to it again. Always said that there will be times in your life when you can't travel. In my case as the kids were younger and financial circumstances I used to do 1 away per campaign then  it went to one a year and the past decade I've probably missed only about four. Roll on the good times again.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 16 Apr 2020 at 5:06pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:03pm
45 at this stage including tournaments. Italy at Giants Stadium was the first. Switzerland last year the last. Would kill for the chance to add to it.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:26pm
41 Scotland away was my first, first game under Brian Kerr. 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Apr 2020 at 6:27pm
AKA pedantic kunt
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

45 at this stage including tournaments. Italy at Giants Stadium was the first. Switzerland last year the last. Would kill for the chance to add to it.
Also counting tournament matches, only 11 for me so far (my debut was Germany in 2014) so I clearly have some catching up to do. LOL

In normal times I would have added Slovakia last month to my most recent trip to Geneva. Like yourself, I'd love to at least know when and where our next one will be seeing as everything is up in the air atm. Cry

Edited by ConorMac77 - 16 Apr 2020 at 6:32pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:35pm
11. I use it as an excuse to see countries I've never been to. That's always an incentive when the team might be cat to watch.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:42pm
25 including tournaments. First was Paris in 2004, the last was Geneva.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:44pm
Have 16 done. First was Bordeaux in 2016 and got seriously hooked since then. Had Bratislava booked so that would have been another and have Sofia and Cardiff sorted already and plans for Finland so here’s hoping they go ahead but hard to know what will happen at this stage.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 6:59pm
Had a count there. I'm at 64 aways.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 7:01pm
Odds on GSpain hitting the hundred?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Odds on GSpain hitting the hundred?

U 21 northern ireland women's games not included 
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 7:55pm
14 since 2010. First away was Slovakia. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:26pm
20 including the Euros in 2012 & 2016. 

First away game was San Marino in 2007 and most recent (excluding the Euros) was Poland away in Warsaw in 2015 Shocking 

Best trip either Georgia away in 2014 or “its Rome” 2009 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:54pm
34 for me, first one was Cyprus in 2005. Some great memories

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

20 including the Euros in 2012 & 2016. 

First away game was San Marino in 2007 and most recent (excluding the Euros) was Poland away in Warsaw in 2015 Shocking 

Best trip either Georgia away in 2014 or “its Rome” 2009 

Not surprised by that when you got to meet the handsome Mayo contingent on route. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 10:06pm
66 for me including tournament games. Have got worse in recent times and won’t miss a game for anything
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 10:13pm
First was 1985, have missed a handful since thenLOL, but this thread reminds me of being on a train from Aarhauus to Copenhagen with Aido, listening to Pipkin on Liveline

Joe,,,,, So Z..., your an accountant, How much do you reckon you have spent watching Ireland on away Trips

Z..., Well Joe, I might be an Accountant, but I am not that good of an Accountant

Classic
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic