You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9 fixtures in Autumn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pMagog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 12:19pm
aye true very big chance anything in September and even October could be behind closed doors. Personally choosing which is behind closed doors I’d prefer NL over the playoff even if wasn’t lucky to get a ticket. But UEFA and the FAI may be eying up ticket sales for loads of NL fixtures rather than playoff games. Hard to know which would be sacrificed if a choice was to be made 
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 1:30pm
To no great surprise if we do get games this year they're likely to be behind closed doors

Interesting. Will we see sport back this year? Asked Colm Henry about whether we will need social distancing for "many months to come". Says he couldn't speak specifically about GAA Championships but going back into stadiums or to parades could see a spike again, he says
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 10:33am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 7:14pm
Has anybody told him that?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/14/we-may-not-see-international-football-until-2021-says-fifa-vice-president

That's the Nations League f**ked I reckon 

We'll probably just have to wait and see how the relaxation of some restrictions go. World health organisation did say this morning that a social life will have to resume alongside the virus still existing but these are 5 months away. See if any of the national leagues get finished first 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:08pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:31pm
I assume none of the fixture dates for the 6 Nations League games will be affected? 

If we lost to Slovakia in October, then I assume we'd still have our NL fixtures in November? 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:13pm
Gary Owens on the news earlier saying the FAI need to be able to have fans at the September games.
Statement just out now saying they're seeking a meeting with government.

Not sure myself how they'll be allowed to have fans in the Aviva in September, I know it's a while away just seems unlikely 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:14pm
Not a hope they'll be allowing fans. I wouldn't feel comfortable going as it stands at the moment

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:30pm
No general sale and existing Season Ticket holders only allowed could work if spread out throughout the stadium.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

No general sale and existing Season Ticket holders only allowed could work if spread out throughout the stadium.

Probably wouldn't though cause it sounds like they need the match day ticket income
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Probably wouldn't though cause it sounds like they need the match day ticket income

You would expect wales at home on a sat woukd sell out 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

You would expect wales at home on a sat woukd sell out 
Yeah 100% , just don't see how they would be allowed to have a mass gathering at the moment. It's a while away and I hope things change to allow it but I'm not optimistic about us being allowed in unfortunately 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 12:44am
there won’t be international matches this year. It’s fanciful to expect players will be released from clubs to globe trot, risk becoming effected and thus not only stopping the international matches bc as team will have to isolate but also they won’t be available to the club. You’ll also have asymptomatic players coming back spreading it to others and inevitable 2 week lockdown for the club team and potentially opposing

It’s not realistic
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

there won’t be international matches this year. It’s fanciful to expect players will be released from clubs to globe trot, risk becoming effected and thus not only stopping the international matches bc as team will have to isolate but also they won’t be available to the club. You’ll also have asymptomatic players coming back spreading it to others and inevitable 2 week lockdown for the club team and potentially opposing

It’s not realistic

Then you might as well ban all international travel as its the same risk and while the stronger elements of the aviation industry can likely survive a 2-3 month shutdown a la corona virus a 12 month shutdown would be disastrous . And that's before the impact on tourism on heavily dependent countries like Spain Italy Portugal etc .

The ease up has started - construction sites are back to work or will be next week in the UK I expect Ireland will follow shortly
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 9:29am
Your record on calling this has not be great so far to be fair. How is the bed wetting going so far. 
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 2:22pm
wonder if the gatherings over 5000 is extended to September would they be able to swap the home fixture with Finland to be away, and then play at home to them in Oct. Might only be another 5 weeks but still long enough. 
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic