You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy sacked as Cardiff manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:47pm
Obafemi, Dara O Shea and Nathan Collins three more who might be pushing for inclusion. There are plenty of youngsters on the periphery who he can bring with him. 
Sponsored Links

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Can't see that going down too well with the squad.

What Confused
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:50pm
Any player who has a problem with this shouldn’t be near the national team. 

The correct decision 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

All he needs now is to find them!

Well I'll bet my house that Molumby starts in Slovakia. So there's one. 
That still doesn’t mean he is going to be good enough. We have potential, but that’s all it currently is. 

I don’t know why anyone is worried about the playoffs being his first game. We had little chance of qualifying and we still have the same chance. We might even have a new manager bounce.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:53pm

Cmon PM don’t let Brick keep you in Dylan mode!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by SeanPeadir SeanPeadir wrote:

First game in charge - A play-off semi final Pinch

He now has months to prepare for this watch footage of Slovakia etc if he wants to. And we don't even know if it definitely will be his first game. Swear way some are reacting to this that was a formality that we would win the playoff with Mick in charge
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:57pm
great news in otherwise bleak times!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by SeanPeadir SeanPeadir wrote:

First game in charge - A play-off semi final Pinch

He now has months to prepare for this watch footage of Slovakia etc if he wants to. And we don't even know if it definitely will be his first game. Swear way some are reacting to this that was a formality that we would win the playoff with Mick in charge
It was a foregone conclusion we would have lost on penalties.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:59pm
I think he done a decent enough job anyway brought a bit of fun and positivity to the squad again... Not saying Kenny wouldn't have but I think mick would have had a better reputation with the group when he came in. Kenny has done well with dundalk alright but he's improved his rep with the U21s if he had have gotten the job straight away it may have been a disaster 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:05pm
Right decision. A new manager for a new FAI. There were things that annoyed me about Kenny at Dundalk (but admittedly biased as City were their rivals) but has impressed me as u21 manager so far anytime I heard him talk. Clearly the cheaper option but to my mind just as likely as Mick to qualify for Euro 2020/21 (not very) but definitely more promise for better things ahead. Delay to Euros allows us to bring through the golden ish generation at u21 right now also.

As someone said, good news at an otherwise bleak time.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:07pm

That still doesn’t mean he is going to be good enough. We have potential, but that’s all it currently is. 

I don’t know why anyone is worried about the playoffs being his first game. We had little chance of qualifying and we still have the same chance. We might even have a new manager bounce.

Because people would like him to have a couple of games first before a do or die one. Hardly rocket science to work that out. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

What Confused

It's more from the point that I'm sure they would have preferred to have started and ended a campaign with the same manager.

I'm not saying Kenny is a bad appointment at all, far from it , but I hope he isn't thrust straight into a playoff, would much rather he has the nations league to put his own stamp on things.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:10pm
A real shame for Mick. He goes out with his head held high though and well liked by the players and fans.

Very interested to see how Kenny gets on with us and how he negotiates the play offs.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:11pm
Whos starting the Stephen Kenny out thread LOLLOLLOL

Thanks Mick for all the work sadly wasant to be and best of luck to Kenny starting 

The first squad selection is going to be interesting 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

What Confused

Edit: double post - mods can delete 

Edited by wanderer - 04 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Because people would like him to have a couple of games first before a do or die one. Hardly rocket science to work that out. 
Very little is, apart from rocket science. Bizarrely. Given that we had no genuine chance of qualifying, I don’t see why it matters. I would give us slightly more of a chance now than I would have this morning, regardless of whether he has a training match against Oman or not.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Dan McDonnell saying the feeling is that the Nations League games will probably be played before the playoffs. Presuming that means the playoffs pushed back to this time next year then
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

A real shame for Mick. He goes out with his head held high though and well liked by the players and fans.

Really? 

The approach to the final 3 games certainly doesn't merit his head being held high. Georgia away in particular is a huge black spot on his reign. 

Most fans were becoming very tired of the rubbish football and continued selection of undroppable underperformers. Considering the amount of money he was on, he cost very much and delivered very little.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
  Share Topic