You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy sacked as Cardiff manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Some crazy cats on here. Mick is a genius after 8 games and Kenny is written off after 8. Do some of you approach life with this short term attitude to how good/bad things are? 

Let's see where Mick is in a year's time. let's see where Kenny is  year's time. 

To be honest I actually feel sorry for Kenny currently he's been built to be a revolutionary messiah to change Irish football I don't know where this came from the media or the fans or many some of his comments but he certainly has wrote cheques he can't cash in. 

He definitely is not better than are last 3 managers with much worse players so I feel sorry for him
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Some crazy cats on here. Mick is a genius after 8 games and Kenny is written off after 8. Do some of you approach life with this short term attitude to how good/bad things are? 

Let's see where Mick is in a year's time. let's see where Kenny is  year's time. 

To be honest I actually feel sorry for Kenny currently he's been built to be a revolutionary messiah to change Irish football I don't know where this came from the media or the fans or many some of his comments but he certainly has wrote cheques he can't cash in. 

He definitely is not better than are last 3 managers with much worse players so I feel sorry for him

Absolute conjectural nonsense LOL

Has Kenny somehow been building himself up as a Messiah of some sorts?

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:18pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:16pm

He hasn’t been built to be anything of the sort, it’s clowns like you with your anti Kenny agenda who are pushing this line.

wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He hasn’t been built to be anything of the sort, it’s clowns like you with your anti Kenny agenda who are pushing this line.

You know he was built up to be a tactical genius 

Edited by wexfordman1 - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:25pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not really Kenny more the fans and media. If he was a great manager he would have left The League Of Ireland and kicked on years ago like Paul Cook
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:26pm

You know he was built to up to a tactical genius 

By who? Do you know anyone personally who was building him up to be the saviour of Irish football? It’s a fresh approach which many fans were happy to see, especially with the absolute muck we have watched the past few years! The jury is still out on Kenny but any fan with even a bit of sense would want to see him given a full qualifying campaign before declaring him a saviour/fraud. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:33pm
Kenny needs time. Remains to be seen if we have the players at the moment to play the game the way he wants. Give the man time and don't be quick to knock. Likewise, well done to Mick for what he has achieved at Cardiff so far and best of luck to him in keeping that run going.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:33pm

You know he was built to up to a tactical genius 

By who? Do you know anyone personally who was building him up to be the saviour of Irish football? It’s a fresh approach which many fans were happy to see, especially with the absolute muck we have watched the past few years! The jury is still out on Kenny but any fan with even a bit of sense would want to see him given a full qualifying campaign before declaring him a saviour/fraud. 

Disagree completely on style of play I do not care how we play all about results for me I know easy to say now not after some of the Georgia games but I am genuinely all about results I do agree he does deserve a campaign and probably a cheaper option than other managers with the FAI situation but Kenny will need a good start
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:33am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Take care when using that word Muff as Baldie went into a meltdown when i used it ..

Ohhh bye the way he calls his uncle Lord Steve these days LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:22am
Murph I think you have failed to cop that Muf is making the exact point I was making.  Nobody called him the messiah but it was used as a stick to beat him with. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:47am
Or the "playing like Barcelona" line. that was always a good line based on noone having said it. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Murph I think you have failed to cop that Muf is making the exact point I was making.  Nobody called him the messiah but it was used as a stick to beat him with. 

You dont need a stick to beat Stevie trying to find a way of scoring a goal beats him everytime . Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 2:30pm
Id say that the recent success Mick is having with Cardiff and the fact that Cardiff don't have a single Irish player are not mutually exclusive.

At some point you have to look at the senior irish players when Mick was ireland manager and say, not good enough.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:07pm
Cardiff do have an Irish player , winger Gavin Whyte ( currently on loan to Hull ), but he plays for NI. There has also been some speculation that left back Joel Bagan , English born and Scottish qualified, might declare for Ireland but probably just a rumour.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
the anti mick brigade are every bit as bad as the anti Kenny brigade.  Mick is a decent manger and has is doing a very good job at Cardiff.  Did an excellent job with Ireland after a ropey first campaign. 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:29pm
The reason Mick shouldn't have been given the job was the pointless nature of it. Nobody would have qualified with that team, so why waste two years on it? The obvious thing was to try and develop the team and take some beatings if needed. Instead we are doing it arseways and, as a result, have people crying for Mick to come back, despite Kenny having had one meaningful game; a game Ireland were incredibly unlucky to lose on penalties.

Edited by pre Madonna - 25 Feb 2021 at 3:29pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The reason Mick shouldn't have been given the job was the pointless nature of it. Nobody would have qualified with that team, so why waste two years on it? The obvious thing was to try and develop the team and take some beatings if needed. Instead we are doing it arseways and, as a result, have people crying for Mick to come back, despite Kenny having had one meaningful game; a game Ireland were incredibly unlucky to lose on penalties.

This is something that people forget. In many respects it was our best performance in a game since Austria in 2016. The smash and grab result in Cardiff in 2017 was better on paper, but we had a few rubs of the green that night. Luck deserted us in Slovakia, especially as McGoldrick was the best play on the pitch, and Browne and Hourihane had exceptional chances to put the game to bed. After that, the squad was decimated by injury and illness
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the anti mick brigade are every bit as bad as the anti Kenny brigade.  Mick is a decent manger and has is doing a very good job at Cardiff.  Did an excellent job with Ireland after a ropey first campaign. 

Totally agree with that, I would say that criticism of either manager is not beyond the pale. I dont think it's unfair to say Mick's second spell was poor and criticise his approach to the Georgia game.

Kenny's start has also been poor and I'm sure he'd have liked some better performances.

Senior players were also part of the problem, mcclean, whelan, hendrick, Coleman etc were also poor. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
  Share Topic