You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : Junior & Intermediate Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Corona and Junior/Senior football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corona and Junior/Senior football
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:48am
Anyone any idea about what's going to happen here?
Presume the season will be voided or will they try and play the remaining games?
We stood a good chance of promotion this season. 
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:38am
We were on for a quadruple!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 4:06pm
Anyone hear any word if local football will be let back after next deadline?
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Anyone hear any word if local football will be let back after next deadline?
Have heard nothing but highly highly unlikely to reconvene after this deadline or indeed this side of summer I would think
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm
I'd say the FAI will let leagues decide if they want to finish their seasons. If football went ahead again in July for example I'd say you could finish all leagues by the end of August. 2 games a week 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 11:21am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I'd say the FAI will let leagues decide if they want to finish their seasons. If football went ahead again in July for example I'd say you could finish all leagues by the end of August. 2 games a week 
Not schoolboy leagues.

Will be mad rush to Wexford in July.

June or Sept.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 12:07pm
When do you think government  will say it's ok to play amateur football again? If the LOI/GAA starts again the end of June - surely amateur games would be allowed too? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:28pm
Munster senior league in cork pulled anyway.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Munster senior league in cork pulled anyway.

AUL stopped the league in Dublin looking to restart new season in October....how many game they’ll get in before December is anyone’s guess,a ridiculous time to start a league.i also saw bluebell from the LSL issued a statement that more or less said that they wouldn’t have a side to complete their league should it restart...I’m guessing that they are hoping other clubs come out and say the same forcing the LSL to pulled the league. 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:09pm
Competitive ball back in a month Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 6:55pm
Maybe a stupid question....but how do you play a junior/schoolboy game behind closed doors? I coach an u12 team and am not going telling parents to stay away.... will leave that to the club. On the flip side since the return of football i must have been to a dozen games games and have seen zero social distanceing.

Edited by ripbomb - 18 Aug 2020 at 6:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 7:35pm
Will be impossible to do in a public park. But in a private club ground it will be up to the home team to police it. Parents won’t be allowed in. At this moment I’m doing Covid officer for training tonight in my place. 😎
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:42pm
You must get approval for all friendlies from your league, well the DDSL do anyway. If you are reported for any breaches of guidelines you could be refused further friendlies which makes your insurance null and void.

Yes I have walked up to parents and teenagers on the line and asked them to spread out. Felt like a kunt but has to be done.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

You must get approval for all friendlies from your league, well the DDSL do anyway. If you are reported for any breaches of guidelines you could be refused further friendlies which makes your insurance null and void.

Yes I have walked up to parents and teenagers on the line and asked them to spread out. Felt like a kunt but has to be done.

Probably not the first time you have said that to the mothers over the years 9
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Will be impossible to do in a public park. But in a private club ground it will be up to the home team to police it. Parents won’t be allowed in. At this moment I’m doing Covid officer for training tonight in my place. 😎

Do you have trap junior on speed dial 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Probably not the first time you have said that to the mothers over the years 9
LOL True
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:20pm
What does todays moving to level 3 mean for Junior football?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

What does todays moving to level 3 mean for Junior football?
Training allowed but no matches. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic