You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Championship Manager 01/02

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 11:15pm
what a game, should come with a health warning though....

Many a bedtime presser  held in my room Embarrassed
Why no wine??!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

what a game, should come with a health warning though....

Many a bedtime presser  held in my room Embarrassed

LOL

Anyone who say's that they never did this or commentated on the game as it was going on is a liar.

Often remembered not talking to my parents for hours on end if I had lost a league or an important cup match over being in such bad form LOL

When someone tells you "its only a game" after you spent 300+ hours on one save just doesn't get it.

Edited by Green Devil - 28 Mar 2020 at 11:20pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Blueman is a wonderkid in this no doubt?

Constantly whingeing and upsetting the dressing room.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:39pm
Has anyone downloaded and played Football Manager Touch? Don't have laptop so it could be my only option
JimmyRabbitte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyRabbitte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:09pm
Not very technical myself but this video might help

Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?
Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.
Lois: And what did you do?
Peter: Drank at the stag pa-- ... Whoa. I almost walked into that one.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I’m fairly sure I feature in that edition Cool
Lil bro!? Pops!? 

I had a couple of years as a bit of a no mark player at Shels in their reserves. Mick Neville was in charge of us, Dermot Keely was first team boss. My stats in CM were suitably rubbish. 

If you are the player I think you are you are still at Shels after 3 seasons with no appearances...Don't think you'd make my Harps or Bristol Rovers team!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:20pm
Going to download the new Football Manager. Does anyone know if you downloaded can you only play it when you are connected to the internet? With the physical CD you are able to play it anytime whether connected to the internet or not. But most laptops/chromebooks dont come with a CD/DVD player any more
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:34pm
Anyone read the book Football manager stole my life? Some brilliant stories in there.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 24 Nov 2021 at 8:35pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Going to download the new Football Manager. Does anyone know if you downloaded can you only play it when you are connected to the internet? With the physical CD you are able to play it anytime whether connected to the internet or not. But most laptops/chromebooks dont come with a CD/DVD player any more

You download the game locally so you should be able to play it. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:44pm

Yes, can be played offline.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Anyone read the book Football manager stole my life? Some brilliant stories in there.

Great book, there was a documentary made too which is really good has a few great stories in it

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Could you explain that for a non tech guy please?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:41pm
You can download the game to your computer, save it to the desktop or whatever, then play it whenever you want (ie not on the internet).

The new game was too much for my ageing laptop. Last one i had was FM2020 and that was fine. FM2022 seems to take a lot more processing. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Could you explain that for a non tech guy please?

You are saving the files needed to run the game on your machine, it doesn't need to go to the Internet to run it.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

You can download the game to your computer, save it to the desktop or whatever, then play it whenever you want (ie not on the internet).

The new game was too much for my ageing laptop. Last one i had was FM2020 and that was fine. FM2022 seems to take a lot more processing. 
I’m still playing FM20, don’t see the point in buying the new one when still enjoying the old one. Would play for about 2 hours a week. Usually on Saturday night when watching MOTD. My old laptop was painfully slow but works great on my new laptop.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I’m still playing FM20, don’t see the point in buying the new one when still enjoying the old one. Would play for about 2 hours a week. Usually on Saturday night when watching MOTD. My old laptop was painfully slow but works great on my new laptop.

I usually get it every two years unless there is a major update in terms of features. ( I have bought last 3 though LOL

This year the big thing has been the Data Hub, basically you can do a lot more Analysis on how your team/opposition is playing, the match engine is also a lot smoother, Which unless you're really into figuring out how to get the best out of that one position or exploit that small weakness  the top of the table have you wouldn't really know the difference from say FM19 (though the match engine is a lot smoother and it seems decision making and movement of players seem a lot more realistic then FM21)
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:34am
For those with Xbox Game Pass, FM 22 is free to download atm. Install the xbox app on your pc/laptop and you can download it to that and play away. I'd a couple of long term saves still ongoing in fm 20 but after a few games on FM 22 I'm hooked. The match engine is better than ever and there's a couple of new roles which are great and some of the roles and duties from older versions work better than ever. For anyone thinking if getting 22, I'd recommend getting straight away!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

For those with Xbox Game Pass, FM 22 is free to download atm. Install the xbox app on your pc/laptop and you can download it to that and play away. I'd a couple of long term saves still ongoing in fm 20 but after a few games on FM 22 I'm hooked. The match engine is better than ever and there's a couple of new roles which are great and some of the roles and duties from older versions work better than ever. For anyone thinking if getting 22, I'd recommend getting straight away!!
Is that the full version? Have game pass on the Xbox but it’s not the same as the PC version.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic