You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isolation/working from home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:33pm
Was there a COVID 18??
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Was there a COVID 18??

Ebola?
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:57pm

Still in the office, thankfully it is just me. The owner is of an age where we need to have little or no contact but he is struggling as he likes to be in the office for an hour or two each morning to go over stuff and he is usually very active exercise wise, but with me having 3 kids, i told him to stay at home and not come in.

Run a compressor parts business. Still busy, maybe a little slower than normal. Most of the service guys see a mixed reaction. Some small inudstrial businesses have closed like printers etc. But some are busier than ever and need their compressors and filters serviced a lot more than normal, especailly food processors.

The wife is a Montessori teacher so her crèche is closed, so she is going stir crazy at home with the kids :)

Edited by kevjreilly - 19 Mar 2020 at 1:58pm
Read it 3 times before posting
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Was there a COVID 18??

No, only Combat!! I'll get my coat...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:17pm
Apparently we are splitting the company in two and going week on, week off. At least it is on full pay.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:48pm
Working from home from tomorrow, but doing one day a week in the office. My day is Friday.....not too bad I suppose

Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Any IT heads able to explain issues with VPN's. Been trying to remote back in the last hour and can't connect. Happening to some colleagues but others are fine. Any reasons?

Likely the number of people trying to connect to your corporate network over VPN has exceeded their max number of connections. Try and get on first thing in the morning and make sure you don't disconnect during the day and you should be fine.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:08pm
I’d love to be able to work from home but as a sub contractor well obviously that’s not happening, I work for a lot of smaller companies who have had to take their own measures and mostly have all closed only vital works will be done and this will be done by themselves which is quiet understandable, €203 will just not cut it for me over a lengthy period, the missus works in the local secondary school so that looks like out till September but hey ho, don’t think it will be too long till the little bit of savings we have left get broken into LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Work in grocery retail, finished my 11th day day in row earlier, next day off is this Saturday Ouch
Enjoy your day off you retail workers really are amazing keeping everything going.

Cheers, and finally Head Office has implemented measures to help control numbers in stores. Was crazy up until paddys day.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:23pm
Sort of looking forward to this. Work are delivering a pc and 3 screens to my gaf so I can self isolate and keep working from next week. 
@AntrimMan85
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Sort of looking forward to this. Work are delivering a pc and 3 screens to my gaf so I can self isolate and keep working from next week. 

Its f**king great, I haven't washed since last Friday
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Its f**king great, I haven't washed since last Friday
With 3 screens on the go I really hope AM washes the keyboard regularly LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:56pm

Was there a COVID 18??
The 19 is the year it started. last one was 2012
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 4:23pm
Self employed and have no business anymore - well it's on hold, just waiting to see what's left of it when things go back to normal. Filling out a Covid 19 pandemic social welfare form was surreal LOL

The best thing I can do is prepare for the restart and get as much of the 'things never have time to do' done. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:18am
Management have set up a company account on an app called "slack" and asked us to register on it.
Anyone here use it?

seems like something they can monitor us from!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:21am
Zoom app use will sky rocket too.
Used it 5 times this week already. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Management have set up a company account on an app called "slack" and asked us to register on it.
Anyone here use it?

Slack is what most companies are using for collaboration. It's only really being used for internal communications.

Email is no longer used. Only for external exchange.

You can download and install the Slack client, it's easier than using it via a browser.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:52am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Anyone here use it?

Slack is what most companies are using for collaboration. It's only really being used for internal communications.

Email is no longer used. Only for external exchange.

You can download and install the Slack client, it's easier than using it via a browser.

cheers, a few lads were worried with all the working from home it was something they could use to keep an eye on everyone!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic