You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight cancellation, refund, compensation etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Well my Swiss Air flight to Vienna has finally been cancelled. Can't apply for refund on their website though and can only do so through an 1890 number which will cost an absolute fortune to ring from a mobile with the wait times. Tried their parent company lufthansa on a regular landline number but despite the flight being up on their system and them emailing me about it they said they can't deal with it. Very frustrating.

The swissair number for Britain is  +44 345 601 0956. I have free calls to landlines over there from my mobile and according to the website below it says that 0345 numbers are charged at the same rate as a normal landline. 

Might be worth a try if you have free calls to Britain or if someone you know does. If they won't deal with you because you are ringing from Ireland, you could always chance your arm and ask them to put you through to the Irish section. I can't imagine that swissair would even have a particular call centre for Ireland anyway. 

Let Christy Take It.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:04am
Dublin Airport airline contact details.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:46am
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Does anyone know how to get a refund from Easyjet? The flight is cancelled and the e-mail says I can get a refund but there's no option.
having the same problem here

Edited by ShamtheRam - 24 Mar 2020 at 7:52am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:06am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Does anyone know how to get a refund from Easyjet? The flight is cancelled and the e-mail says I can get a refund but there's no option.

Is that not just for the standard compensation claim, which this does not fall under
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Got sorted today via Ryanair's live chat. 

Isnt the live chat a robot ?
Type "help" and you get an agent (eventually).

Thanks Kev,i might have been sorted.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Is that not just for the standard compensation claim, which this does not fall under
Theres a drop down for cancellation of your flight
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:12am

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Theres a drop down for cancellation of your flight
Thumbs Up
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:04pm

same error is coming up above as the link via the email

tried explorer , Chrome and through the phone
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:40pm
On a Eurowings from Germany to Dub on Sun. Only offering to change it at this stage. They seem to have cancelled a lot of flights but mine is still on sale.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:22pm
Loads of flights still going today - just had a look at Dublin Airport's website and they've loads taking off. Who is on them, on the other hand, I don't know.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Loads of flights still going today - just had a look at Dublin Airport's website and they've loads taking off. Who is on them, on the other hand, I don't know.

SD44
Lots of planes are running empty out to repatriate citizens (at least that is the case here in Germany)
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:12pm
Flight with Eurowings now cancelled. Only offering to re-book or apply for a credit. Do they not have to offer a refund?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Flight with Eurowings now cancelled. Only offering to re-book or apply for a credit. Do they not have to offer a refund?

When was your flight supposed to be?
Ryanair tried that with me, but once it got to within 7 days of the flight they offered a full refund.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

When was your flight supposed to be?
Ryanair tried that with me, but once it got to within 7 days of the flight they offered a full refund.

It was due to fly this Sunday. Seems there doing this to all customers. No option for a refund on their website, rebook or apply for a voucher only. 

I havent even been emailed its cancelled. Just found out as I checked their website. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

May be of use to some but Trainline are advising that for non refundable tickets dates can be changed to up to 12 weeks and can be changed again 

New timetable due out next Monday - hope that my train is cancelled but at least you can rebook 

not sure if it was cancelled but they advised yesterday if you travelling within 3 days a full refund was on offer , if travelling after 3 days they would be in touch

Have now been offered a full refund on a non refundable ticket - happy days - would of struggled on any suitable dates

Edited by Newryrep - 25 Mar 2020 at 5:02pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:18pm
Swiss Air still not picking up phones and not responding to PM's or public messages on Twitter. Offer to rebook any time for the rest of the year with a €50 discount if the fare is higher came via standard email but brutal customer service otherwise.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Swiss Air still not picking up phones and not responding to PM's or public messages on Twitter. Offer to rebook any time for the rest of the year with a €50 discount if the fare is higher came via standard email but brutal customer service otherwise.
I haven’t contacted them.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:23am
Booked a holiday with last minute.com for May. 
Looking on line they seem to be a nightmare to contact to try re jig dates etc. Where do you stand in these scenarios? Will wait till nearer the date to try make contact. Paid with a credit card,as thought if company went bust we could get our money back! If they can’t provide the service paid,is this way of paying any good to me! Ps I realise there are bigger issues out there👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic