You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight cancellation, refund, compensation etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:57pm
Anyone get an Aer Lingus refund?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Anyone get an Aer Lingus refund?

Not aer lingus, but 7 weeks after my flights were cancelled i finally got an email off ryanair to say my refund is being processed. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 2:06am
I have 8k with American holidays for an Orlando trip. They mentioned they are offering rebooking or credit note and they will contact me within two weeks.

I was thinking to get the credit note, which would need to be used before September 2021.
However, was reading today from a uk advisory that a credit notr might not be covered by the law that you get a refund if a company went bust which you do get under regulations if a trip gets cancelled because they go bust.
I am also a bit weary about rebooking and going in 2021 and then ending up it’s a sh*t experience because its all social distancing and special arrangements to go on the rides etc.
So ideally at this stage it would be to get a full refund and book again when the time is right but doesn’t look like that option will be available to us as regulations are getting passed to allow them to offer credits or vouchers instead. 

Pain in the hole.

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 May 2020 at 2:07am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have 8k with American holidays for an Orlando trip. They mentioned they are offering rebooking or credit note and they will contact me within two weeks.

I was thinking to get the credit note, which would need to be used before September 2021.
However, was reading today from a uk advisory that a credit notr might not be covered by the law that you get a refund if a company went bust which you do get under regulations if a trip gets cancelled because they go bust.
I am also a bit weary about rebooking and going in 2021 and then ending up it’s a sh*t experience because its all social distancing and special arrangements to go on the rides etc.
So ideally at this stage it would be to get a full refund and book again when the time is right but doesn’t look like that option will be available to us as regulations are getting passed to allow them to offer credits or vouchers instead. 

Pain in the hole.

Are you sure about that? I would definitely look for a full refund for that amount. A load of travel companies are gonna go bust.

This past Friday, the U.S. Department of Transportation directed the nation's airlines to be clearer with folks whose travel plans have been affected by the coronavirus. "U.S. and foreign airlines remain obligated to provide a prompt refund to passengers for flights to, within, or from the United States when the carrier cancels the passenger's scheduled flight or makes a significant schedule change and the passenger chooses not to accept the alternative offered by the carrier," reads the official directive.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Pain in the hole.

Are you sure about that? I would definitely look for a full refund for that amount. A load of travel companies are gonna go bust.

This past Friday, the U.S. Department of Transportation directed the nation's airlines to be clearer with folks whose travel plans have been affected by the coronavirus. "U.S. and foreign airlines remain obligated to provide a prompt refund to passengers for flights to, within, or from the United States when the carrier cancels the passenger's scheduled flight or makes a significant schedule change and the passenger chooses not to accept the alternative offered by the carrier," reads the official directive.
American Holidays are a travel agents in Dublin and thats who Andy has booked with if I read his post correctly. In this case his contract is with the travel agent in Dublin and falls under the jurisdiction of Irish/EU consumer law. Anyhow Andy, definitely go for the refund which you are entitled too. Hopefully you laid by card so even if they make it difficult you can go through your bank. 

Edited by Sham157 - 14 May 2020 at 1:11pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:36pm
Ryanair just cancelled my London flights with 14 days notice. There was a link to apply for a refund which I filled in without any issues. I assume it will be a refund I bet and not vouchers?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Ryanair just cancelled my London flights with 14 days notice. There was a link to apply for a refund which I filled in without any issues. I assume it will be a refund I bet and not vouchers?

I was the same, said refund being processed but ended up being offered vouchers. Just accepted them as wasnt a massive amount. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

I was the same, said refund being processed but ended up being offered vouchers. Just accepted them as wasnt a massive amount. 
Yep that's what happened to us also , now we went back to to the BOI for a cash back offer but still waiting . Got another flight canned yesterday and at last we are running out of flights LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:47pm
I’ll wait and see, it’s only 70 quid and a Ryanair voucher won’t go to waste.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yep that's what happened to us also , now we went back to to the BOI for a cash back offer but still waiting . Got another flight canned yesterday and at last we are running out of flights LOL

Are you all sure? I got this after I applied for the full refund

##############################
Once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking
It would damage this forums' reputation
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking
Yep that's what we got from the first mail Ryan Air sent the 2nd was voucher only for the same flight  .
Look happy to get it back on the card from the bank and have nothing to do with Ryan Air if i am honest .
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:51pm
It may have been mentioned here but I don't want to go searching through 8 pages of posts. I was taking a look at my cancelled flights from Slovakia/Bosnia, and it seems as though I didn't receive any email from Wizz Air about my flight from Budapest to Sarajevo on March 29th. Did anyone here get an email regarding this flight? Sure maybe it flew.....
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

It may have been mentioned here but I don't want to go searching through 8 pages of posts. I was taking a look at my cancelled flights from Slovakia/Bosnia, and it seems as though I didn't receive any email from Wizz Air about my flight from Budapest to Sarajevo on March 29th. Did anyone here get an email regarding this flight? Sure maybe it flew.....
This flight was not cancelled, it departed as scheduled.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:13pm
Ok on march 27th I processed my refunds via a Ryanair agent using Ryanair Chat. Since that chat I've heard nothing, not a confirmation email, not a voucher is this the norm?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

This flight was not cancelled, it departed as scheduled.

Grand. Thanks for letting me know.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:03pm
I'd say Kevin at this stage you should have received an e mail confirmation probably offering you voucher. People seem to be getting differing correspondence from them. The only thing consistent with them is no one has gotten money back except voucher offer. I think at the very very early stage early March that people got refunds but obviously as it ramped up they ramped down to conserve liquidity.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:46am

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Yep that's what we got from the first mail Ryan Air sent the 2nd was voucher only for the same flight  .
Look happy to get it back on the card from the bank and have nothing to do with Ryan Air if i am honest .

Artie we got a result this morning .
We got a mail from BOI yesterday saying that they were going to process this and it hit our account for the full amount this morning . Nine days thats how long it took , as soon as Ryan Air says they will " refund you " you have them as the bank have no problems it seems .
Now refund means sometime within a year .
Fair play to Mrs Claret she really has a handle on this lark i must say .
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:27pm
great no vouchers Approve
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic